***GUIDE*** HID Install 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid

nmadole

OK a few questions. I'd like to put HID in my Fusion Titanium.

• Is DDM Tuning the best place to get HID kits?

• How the heck can I tell which HID kit I will need? There appears to be over a dozen to select from on the DDM website.

• What does it cost to replace the Headlamps and the Fog Lamps?

• Will they look as good as stock or with that look aftermarket (blue-ish)?

• What is the best bulb color to get? 5000k ?

• I'd like the bulb color to match that on my 2013 Ford Explorer. How can I tell what stock bulb color the Explorer uses?

• Does Ford typically use the same bulb color on a HID's across their model lines?

Ddm is good, they are the only ones I have used on my cars. Lifetime warranty....

You want the h11 DDM kit either 35 or 55 watt (no 55w in fogs)

Cost is around 100$ with shipping for fogs lows and relay harness

They will only be blueish if you pick a color that has blue in it ... 5000k has a small tint of blue ... 4500k would be closer to stock hids

This is the bulb in the same reflector and just above the high beam bulb, right? What size is that bulb? I can't find it in the manual. Also what size are the license plate bulbs and reverse light bulbs?

Check your manual. See under "bulb specification" (Its also named "parking lamp") The license plate lights are really easy to change. I got mine from amazon you can search for 5 SMD LED. I also changed the trunk light to a LED.

I really want to change out the daytime running lights, but I really dont want to take off the bumper. I see the rubber housing, and I can fit my hand behind it, but I dont know how to get it off. Some other member in another forum said they swapped out the DRL without taking out the bumper.

Edited by vincep5

Check your manual. See under "bulb specification" (Its also named "parking lamp") The license plate lights are really easy to change. I got mine from amazon you can search for 5 SMD LED. I also changed the trunk light to a LED.

I really want to change out the daytime running lights, but I really dont want to take off the bumper. I see the rubber housing, and I can fit my hand behind it, but I dont know how to get it off. Some other member in another forum said they swapped out the DRL without taking out the bumper.

So the front running lights are Amber? Should I select the Amber or the Nateral White bulb? Sorry for being so dense?

I am confused as well. Are we all talking about the same bulb? Here is the diagram of the headlight and bulb location from the manual. Also a couple pages later has the bulb specification chart.post-49092-0-25644100-1358889927_thumb.jpgpost-49092-0-00824900-1358889954_thumb.jpg

The diagram shows "A" as the "Side marker lamp bulb". This is the running light I am referring to. The bulb chart shows "Side marker lamp - front" as LED. I dont think this bulb "A" is LED. And that is the one I am trying to get the bulb size on.

Not to mention the picture shows "D" as Front parking/Turn signal lamp bulb. And the chart shows "Park Lamp - front" as size W5W and the "Turn lamp - front" as PWY24W.

How can location "D" be both the parking and turn signal bulb when the chart shows them as two different things and sizes?

Am I being dense?

And a separate question to replace the reverse bulbs with LEDs, how many lumens or LEDs do I need to match or better the current bulb light output?

I Do not see any way to change out the parking lights without removing the bumper... you will hate yourself for trying...

• Like 1

I am confused as well. Are we all talking about the same bulb? Here is the diagram of the headlight and bulb location from the manual. Also a couple pages later has the bulb specification chart.attachicon.gifpage 255.jpgattachicon.gifpage 257.jpg

The diagram shows "A" as the "Side marker lamp bulb". This is the running light I am referring to. The bulb chart shows "Side marker lamp - front" as LED. I dont think this bulb "A" is LED. And that is the one I am trying to get the bulb size on.

Not to mention the picture shows "D" as Front parking/Turn signal lamp bulb. And the chart shows "Park Lamp - front" as size W5W and the "Turn lamp - front" as PWY24W.

How can location "D" be both the parking and turn signal bulb when the chart shows them as two different things and sizes?

Am I being dense?

And a separate question to replace the reverse bulbs with LEDs, how many lumens or LEDs do I need to match or better the current bulb light output?

http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/miniature-wedge-base/194-led-bulb-5-smd-led-wide-angle-wedge-base/206/ is the Bulb I used in "A" ... it is a W5W bulb

Can you tell me where you got the LED bulbs for the rear and front running lights? Can you provide the exact model # and costs too? Thanks.

newflash.gif

194 with Globe

Voltage: 9-14v Beam Angle: 270o Polarity Bias: Yes 194_globe_wm.jpg 11mm dia. x 26mm overall

Made to look like the standard glass 194 bulb. All the advantages of leds, but still has the retro look and size of the original 194 glass bulbs.

194_globe_cw_wm.jpg194_globe_ww_wm.jpg194_globe_b_wm.jpg 194_globe_r_wm.jpg 194_globe_a_wm.jpg Super White, Warm White, Blue, Red, Amber, Green

Order 194 Bulbs (shown above):

$4.99 ea.

I ordered these bulbs for the running/parking lights, super white from autolumination.com

As far as the reverse lights, I ordered them from ijdmtoy.com and they are currently out of stock so I could not get a part number or picture. I will check back in a week to see if they are in stock and let you know. Hope this helps.

Edited by c.blackfoot

194 with Globe

Voltage: 9-14v Beam Angle: 270o Polarity Bias: Yes 11mm dia. x 26mm overall

Made to look like the standard glass 194 bulb. All the advantages of leds, but still has the retro look and size of the original 194 glass bulbs.

alt="194 168 161 W5W 2825 2886X Led Side Super White Warm White Blue Red Amber Green

Order 194 Bulbs (shown above):

$4.99 ea.

I ordered these bulbs for the running/parking lights, super white. As far as the reverse lights, I ordered them from ijdmtoy.com and they are currently out of stock so I could not get a part number or picture. I will check back in a week to see if they are in stock and let you know. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the specifics guys. :-)

Edited by rkan

I Do not see any way to change out the parking lights without removing the bumper... you will hate yourself for trying...

I tried replacing the headlights and parking/running lights without removing the bumper and I was unsuccessful. There is room, but it is very minimal and hard to work in. I removed the bumper over the weekend to install HIDs and replace the parking/running bulbs, very easy to do. With the bumper removed you have access to the headlight housing and changing the bulbs is so much easier.

Also purchased some bulbs from this site! Not sure which will look best where so I got two of each of these:

Description Unit price Qty Amount T10 Wedge
Item #: Cree Beam XPE
Color: Super White, Lens: 194 $10.99 USD 2 $21.98 USD T10 Wedge
Item #: Glass Globe LED
Color: Cool White, Lens: 194 $4.99 USD 2 $9.98 USD T10 Wedge
Item #: Supernova-SMT
Color: Super White, Lens: 194 $9.99 USD 2 $19.98 USD

Great looking car and I love the HIDs! Question, what did you do to keep the fogs on with the highs? I had this mod done on my F250 but I haven't seen any postings on how to do it to the Fusion.

Great looking car and I love the HIDs! Question, what did you do to keep the fogs on with the highs? I had this mod done on my F250 but I haven't seen any postings on how to do it to the Fusion.

beams_zpsb74c5cee.jpg

PLEASE NOTE THE BOTH LEADS OF THE RELAY SHOULD START ON THE DRIVER SIDE.. I DREW IT THIS WAY TO SIMPLY SHOW WHICH LIGHTS ARE LINKED

Edited by nmadole

Interesting. Thanks for that information. I was hoping this just required the grounding of a single wire like it did in my truck. I guess it's not that simple anymore.

That's an awesome idea! I wish I would have seen this before I installed mine tonight :(

Anyways...pics

Just need to change out the running lights now and you'll be all set!! Looking good :) Did you find the bumper removal pretty easy? were my directions easy to follow?

I'm working starting tomorrow for 30 days straight so I will order running lights, license plate and backup lights when I get home.

Directions were perfect - almost the exact same as removing bumper from 2010 Fusion. This car went back together much easier though.

Not a fan of the battery at the back of the engine though!

If your looking at the engine straight on just before the battery to the right there is the negative ground for the starter, that's where I attached too. Ill take a pic when day light comes around, made things much easier.

Pics

FF3A367D-BD1F-4818-BE1D-4E678F703B44-192

Edited by B8BB8B

To anyone who can give a comparison. I am contemplating ordering the HID kit to install once my Fusion arrives (scheduled for beginning of February), but wanted to know the difference in light output between the 35 watt kit and 50/55watt kit @ 5000K. I want to upgrade for the best light output but at the same time don't want to get constantly flashed if too much glare. Appreciate any input and thanks.