Custom Search

Welcome to Blue Oval Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Blue Oval Forums.  LIke most online communities, you must first please register to create topics and post replies.
Registration is a quick and easy process and only takes a minute.  Be apart of Blue Oval Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members. . .

Guest Message by DevFuse

Ford News Around the Web
Photo
- - - - -

***GUIDE*** HID Install 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   c.blackfoot

c.blackfoot

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Joined 29-December 12
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:57 AM

Anyone having trouble removing the puddle light? 

Edited by c.blackfoot, 20 January 2013 - 01:01 AM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   rkan

rkan

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Joined 09-December 12
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Ti

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

Just put in my LED parking bulbs also, same as Wizard.  Looks great.  Yes, the whole grill needs to come off and make sure to look for 2 bolts under the headlight assembly, these need to come out also to remove the headlamp. 
I think the LED parking bulbs made the most distinctive change to the car, I am so glad I changed them!
This is the bulb in the same reflector and just above the high beam bulb, right? What size is that bulb? I can't find it in the manual. Also what size are the license plate bulbs and reverse light bulbs?

Edited by rkan, 22 January 2013 - 12:04 AM.

"13 Fusion Titanium
Deep Impact Blue
19" H style wheels
Nav/Sony stereo
Moon/garage door opener
Block heater
Park assist

#23 OFFLINE   Jamers

Jamers

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 144 posts
  • Joined 04-March 01
  • Interests:Little League Baseball

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:05 PM

OK a few questions.  I'd like to put HID in my Fusion Titanium. 

1. Is DDM Tuning the best place to get HID kits?
  2. How the heck can I tell which HID kit I will need?  There appears to be over a dozen to select from on the DDM website.
  3. What does it cost to replace the Headlamps and the Fog Lamps?
  4. Will they look as good as stock or with that look aftermarket (blue-ish)?
  5. What is the best bulb color to get?  5000k ?
  6. I'd like the bulb color to match that on my 2013 Ford Explorer.  How can I tell what stock bulb color the Explorer uses?
  7. Does Ford typically use the same bulb color on a HID's across their model lines?

#24 OFFLINE   Jamers

Jamers

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 144 posts
  • Joined 04-March 01

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

Just replaced the halogen headlight bulbs to HIDs today. Really wasn't all that bad to do. Looks a lot better. 

Installed the DDM Tuning kit, 6000K bulbs with wiring harness. Also replaced the running bulbs to LEDs. 

No cars flashing me. 

Thanks to nmadole for the post.

Can you tell me where you got the LED bulbs for the rear and front running lights?  Can you provide the exact model # and costs too?  Thanks.

#25 OFFLINE   nmadole

nmadole

Wizard

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 285 posts
  • Joined 25-November 12
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid
  • Interests:Guns, Cars, Women

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

These are the exact bulbs I used from the front running lights
http://www.superbrig...wedge-base/206/

2013 Fusion SE Hybrid Tuxedo Black - Charcoil Black Interior (Red Stitching) - DDM Tuning HID's 5000k Lows/Fogs
Debadged (Except Hybrid Logos) - Window Tint - 20% Front and Rear, 5% on Back Window - 504A Apperance Package -Rear Decklid Spoiler -18" 5 Spoke Sport Wheels - Moonroof w/ Universal Garage Door Opener - Adaptive Crusie - SE Technology Hybrid Package - 110 Volt Outlet - Reverse Camera - Reverse Sensing System - LED DRL Added

MY MPG BLOG http://fusionhybridmpg.blogspot.com/

165765.png

#26 OFFLINE   nmadole

nmadole

Wizard

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 285 posts
  • Joined 25-November 12

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

OK a few questions.  I'd like to put HID in my Fusion Titanium. 

• Is DDM Tuning the best place to get HID kits?[/*]
  • How the heck can I tell which HID kit I will need?  There appears to be over a dozen to select from on the DDM website.[/*]
  • What does it cost to replace the Headlamps and the Fog Lamps?[/*]
  • Will they look as good as stock or with that look aftermarket (blue-ish)?[/*]
  • What is the best bulb color to get?  5000k ?[/*]
  • I'd like the bulb color to match that on my 2013 Ford Explorer.  How can I tell what stock bulb color the Explorer uses?[/*]
  • Does Ford typically use the same bulb color on a HID's across their model lines?[/*]

Ddm is good, they are the only ones I have used on my cars. Lifetime warranty....
You want the h11 DDM kit either 35 or 55 watt (no 55w in fogs)
Cost is around 100$ with shipping for fogs lows and relay harness
They will only be blueish if you pick a color that has blue in it ... 5000k has a small tint of blue ... 4500k would be closer to stock hids

2013 Fusion SE Hybrid Tuxedo Black - Charcoil Black Interior (Red Stitching) - DDM Tuning HID's 5000k Lows/Fogs
Debadged (Except Hybrid Logos) - Window Tint - 20% Front and Rear, 5% on Back Window - 504A Apperance Package -Rear Decklid Spoiler -18" 5 Spoke Sport Wheels - Moonroof w/ Universal Garage Door Opener - Adaptive Crusie - SE Technology Hybrid Package - 110 Volt Outlet - Reverse Camera - Reverse Sensing System - LED DRL Added

165765.png

#27 OFFLINE   vincep5

vincep5

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 156 posts
  • Joined 25-October 12
  • Current Vehicle:Civic

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

This is the bulb in the same reflector and just above the high beam bulb, right? What size is that bulb? I can't find it in the manual. Also what size are the license plate bulbs and reverse light bulbs?

Check your manual.  See under "bulb specification" (Its also named "parking lamp")   The license plate lights are really easy to change.  I got mine from amazon  you can search for 5 SMD LED.  I also changed the trunk light to a LED.

I really want to change out the daytime running lights, but I really dont want to take off the bumper.  I see the rubber housing, and I can fit my hand behind it, but I dont know how to get it off.  Some other member in another forum said they swapped out the DRL without taking out the bumper.  

Edited by vincep5, 22 January 2013 - 03:52 PM.

I'm selling my OEM premium floor mats (front and back set).  Message me for more info.

2013 Fusion SE White Platinum
1.6 EcoBoost
204A Appearance Package
MyFordTouch+Navi

Ford Etis says build date was 9/4/2012
Drove it off the lot on 11/10/2012
167562.png

#28 OFFLINE   Jamers

Jamers

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 144 posts
  • Joined 04-March 01

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

So the front running lights are Amber?  Should I select the Amber or the Nateral White bulb?  Sorry for being so dense?

#29 OFFLINE   rkan

rkan

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Joined 09-December 12

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

Check your manual.  See under "bulb specification" (Its also named "parking lamp")   The license plate lights are really easy to change.  I got mine from amazon  you can search for 5 SMD LED.  I also changed the trunk light to a LED.

I really want to change out the daytime running lights, but I really dont want to take off the bumper.  I see the rubber housing, and I can fit my hand behind it, but I dont know how to get it off.  Some other member in another forum said they swapped out the DRL without taking out the bumper.  

So the front running lights are Amber?  Should I select the Amber or the Nateral White bulb?  Sorry for being so dense?

I am confused as well. Are we all talking about the same bulb?  Here is the diagram of the headlight and bulb location from the manual. Also a couple pages later has the bulb specification chart.Attached File  page 255.jpg   99.39KB   92 downloadsAttached File  page 257.jpg   74.46KB   80 downloads

The diagram shows "A" as the "Side marker lamp bulb". This is the running light I am referring to. The bulb chart shows "Side marker lamp - front" as LED.  I dont think this bulb "A" is LED.  And that is the one I am trying to get the bulb size on.

Not to mention the picture shows  "D" as Front parking/Turn signal lamp bulb.  And the chart shows "Park Lamp - front" as size W5W and the "Turn lamp - front" as PWY24W. 

How can location "D" be both the parking and turn signal bulb when the chart shows them as two different things and sizes?

Am I being dense?

And a separate question to replace the reverse bulbs with LEDs, how many lumens or LEDs do I need to match or better the current bulb light output?

"13 Fusion Titanium
Deep Impact Blue
19" H style wheels
Nav/Sony stereo
Moon/garage door opener
Block heater
Park assist

#30 OFFLINE   nmadole

nmadole

Wizard

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 285 posts
  • Joined 25-November 12

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

I chose natural white

1.JPG

165765.png

#31 OFFLINE   nmadole

nmadole

Wizard

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 285 posts
  • Joined 25-November 12

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

I Do not see any way to change out the parking lights without removing the bumper... you will hate yourself for trying...

• vincep5 likes this

165765.png

#32 OFFLINE   nmadole

nmadole

Wizard

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 285 posts
  • Joined 25-November 12

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

I am confused as well. Are we all talking about the same bulb?  Here is the diagram of the headlight and bulb location from the manual. Also a couple pages later has the bulb specification chart.attachicon.gifpage 255.jpgattachicon.gifpage 257.jpg

The diagram shows "A" as the "Side marker lamp bulb". This is the running light I am referring to. The bulb chart shows "Side marker lamp - front" as LED.  I dont think this bulb "A" is LED.  And that is the one I am trying to get the bulb size on.

Not to mention the picture shows  "D" as Front parking/Turn signal lamp bulb.  And the chart shows "Park Lamp - front" as size W5W and the "Turn lamp - front" as PWY24W. 

How can location "D" be both the parking and turn signal bulb when the chart shows them as two different things and sizes?

Am I being dense?

And a separate question to replace the reverse bulbs with LEDs, how many lumens or LEDs do I need to match or better the current bulb light output?

http://www.superbrig...wedge-base/206/ is the Bulb I used in "A" ... it is a W5W bulb

165765.png

#33 OFFLINE   c.blackfoot

c.blackfoot

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Joined 29-December 12

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

Can you tell me where you got the LED bulbs for the rear and front running lights?  Can you provide the exact model # and costs too?  Thanks.

newflash.gif

194 with Globe

Voltage: 9-14v     Beam Angle: 270o Polarity Bias: Yes 194_globe_wm.jpg 11mm dia. x 26mm overall

Made to look like the standard glass 194 bulb. All the advantages of leds, but still has the retro look and size of the original 194 glass bulbs.

194_globe_cw_wm.jpg194_globe_ww_wm.jpg194_globe_b_wm.jpg 194_globe_r_wm.jpg 194_globe_a_wm.jpg  Super White, Warm White, Blue, Red, Amber, Green

Order 194 Bulbs (shown above):

$4.99 ea. 

I ordered these bulbs for the running/parking lights, super white from autolumination.com  

As far as the reverse lights, I ordered them from ijdmtoy.com and they are currently out of stock so I could not get a part number or picture. I will check back in a week to see if they are in stock and let you know. Hope this helps. 

Edited by c.blackfoot, 22 January 2013 - 10:52 PM.

#34 OFFLINE   rkan

rkan

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Joined 09-December 12

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

http://www.superbrig...wedge-base/206/ is the Bulb I used in "A" ... it is a W5W bulb

194 with Globe

Voltage: 9-14v     Beam Angle: 270o Polarity Bias: Yes  11mm dia. x 26mm overall
Made to look like the standard glass 194 bulb. All the advantages of leds, but still has the retro look and size of the original 194 glass bulbs.
 alt="194 168 161 W5W 2825 2886X Led Side Super White Warm White Blue Red Amber Green

Order 194 Bulbs (shown above):
$4.99 ea. 

I ordered these bulbs for the running/parking lights, super white. As far as the reverse lights, I ordered them from ijdmtoy.com and they are currently out of stock so I could not get a part number or picture. I will check back in a week to see if they are in stock and let you know. Hope this helps. 

Thanks for the specifics guys. :-)

Edited by rkan, 23 January 2013 - 11:20 AM.

"13 Fusion Titanium
Deep Impact Blue
19" H style wheels
Nav/Sony stereo
Moon/garage door opener
Block heater
Park assist

#35 OFFLINE   c.blackfoot

c.blackfoot

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Joined 29-December 12

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

I Do not see any way to change out the parking lights without removing the bumper... you will hate yourself for trying...

I tried replacing the headlights and parking/running lights without removing the bumper and I was unsuccessful. There is room, but it is very minimal and hard to work in. I removed the bumper over the weekend to install HIDs and replace the parking/running bulbs, very easy to do. With the bumper removed you have access to the headlight housing and changing the bulbs is so much easier. 

#36 OFFLINE   vincep5

vincep5

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 156 posts
  • Joined 25-October 12
  • Current Vehicle:Civic

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

thanks for the input and being the first few to upgrade their lights c.blackfoot and nmadole

I'm selling my OEM premium floor mats (front and back set).  Message me for more info.

2013 Fusion SE White Platinum
1.6 EcoBoost
204A Appearance Package
MyFordTouch+Navi

Ford Etis says build date was 9/4/2012
Drove it off the lot on 11/10/2012
167562.png

#37 OFFLINE   c.blackfoot

c.blackfoot

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Joined 29-December 12

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

A couple pictures of the lights. I'll try and get one of the reverse lights and I'm working on the puddle lights too.

Attached Files

#38 OFFLINE   expresspotato

expresspotato

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 367 posts
  • Joined 07-October 12
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion SE Hybrid

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

Also purchased some bulbs from this site! Not sure which will look best where so I got two of each of these:

Description Unit price Qty Amount T10 Wedge
Item #: Cree Beam XPE
Color: Super White, Lens: 194 $10.99 USD 2 $21.98 USD   T10 Wedge
Item #: Glass Globe LED
Color: Cool White, Lens: 194 $4.99 USD 2 $9.98 USD   T10 Wedge
Item #: Supernova-SMT
Color: Super White, Lens: 194 $9.99 USD 2 $19.98 USD

#39 OFFLINE   c.blackfoot

c.blackfoot

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Joined 29-December 12

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

I think the Cree bulbs will be the brightest out of the bulbs you ordered. Lets us know what you ended up going with.

#40 OFFLINE   nmadole

nmadole

Wizard

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 285 posts
  • Joined 25-November 12

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

Another pic of the Fusion ....

IMG_0577_zpsae8f7888.jpg

.. and for fun one with the other money hole's in my life

IMG_0587_zps393191bf.jpg

• B8BB8B likes this

165765.png