How To Remove Front Bumper / Headlight (Ford Fusion 2013)

nmadole

Jinx8402, there are so many cars now that require the removal of the bumper. Some manufactures require that the whole bumper, grill, undercarriage shield, inner fender liner, and engine radiator cover to be removed completely to just replace a headlight bulb. I'm grateful Ford, Mercury, Lincolns, and Mazdas aren't that way...or that involved...well, not yet.

LOL...that's my point kind of though. They make it so the common person who doesn't want to pull apart their car need to take it in to the dealer and pay $80 on top of the light bulb to change it. So what should only be a $25 easy swap, turns into $100+ at the dealer. It's lunacy I tell ya!

• Like 1

LOL...that's my point kind of though. They make it so the common person who doesn't want to pull apart their car need to take it in to the dealer and pay $80 on top of the light bulb to change it. So what should only be a $25 easy swap, turns into $100+ at the dealer. It's lunacy I tell ya!

Yes...and truthfully, I wish I could convince people to stop putting in those high end extra vision, blah, blah, bulbs in...they burn out faster...sometimes within a month or two...and the poor bumper, liner, etc just doesn't stay as "snug" and begins to sag. New push grommits, and the like don't help. We've had to put in special "inserts" to get the bumpers and grilles from rattling and/or sagging. Still, bring on the OT!

Thank you for posting this. I tried doing this myself, but didn't realize the whole bumper needs to come off. :( About how long did the whole process take? I'm excited I get to swap out my bulbs now!

Also what HID kit are you going with? I confirmed that the ones I'm looking at will work.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?cPath=32&products_id=3955

Edited by chrisdh79