A New Low at Chicago Assembly!

roadhog

Cal50, the key to answering your question how is the facility still open is that the acts that are happening at CAP are from the group at the hall. The Leadership at the Plant has challenges but over the last few years they have grown our membership from 1250 to 4000 with no layoffs. The group at the Union Hall and most of the Executive Board have been cut out of any influence in the Plant, by the Chairman. This is the reason they all backed him before the last election but now they are upset with him, but the results speak for themselves.

• Like 1

Decker at the Union meetings I have been to over the last year it has been amazing to watch the disgust most of the E-Board have had at the membership. Carlo, Coby, Angela, Jimmy Jam and a Unit I had never seen before walked B-Crew on a campaign tour and they stopped next to my job and a Team Leader asked a simple questions about how a $110,000 roof was put on without a special meeting, and why Cherly White who is Carlo's cousin was not removed from the board for theft, and why they had not removed Derrick Powell for racist and anti-gay comments and finally they asked the group why they wanted to censor the Chairman's letters that argued against the appointment of a member with 6 months to Health and Safety? The group which we had never seen before on B-Crew together simply stated that Grant was playing politics. And the latest I have been told is that Scott our Financial Secratary bounced a check due to insufficient funds. We have 4000 members and if it is true that we are bouncing checks then the crew that stopped by needs to take back the furniture they bought for the Union Hall that looks nicer than the Oval Office and explain, what they refused on their walk, what has happened to all the money. Ready for the next indictments in Chicago!

You can always quit. Your not forced to work at Ford.

littlecountry, you are a profile in courage. Members who want to make the UAW better and stronger should according to you quit! For the company to take the UAW seriously the above abuses must not be tolerated because we should stand for what is right and be better than the company.

• Like 2

littlecountry, you are a profile in courage. Members who want to make the UAW better and stronger should according to you quit! For the company to take the UAW seriously the above abuses must not be tolerated because we should stand for what is right and be better than the company.

Just be glad you have a job!

Why haven't you built my explorer yet

Just be glad you have a job!

Why haven't you built my explorer yet

Like our voice pattern and finger prints, the way people build a topic and of course the responses a person posts can give insight to who they are.

In written word we give off who we are also. Most will say that when Decker posts or responses to a post they know who it is... Well, other than people that Decker works with and know he posts on BON, these are people who actually know who I am. But, most who read this forum can pretty much say they know Decker.

For those new members to this forum you may not realize that over the years there have been people that come on here just to try and get reactions, responses and at times go with the irrataing response, just to get responses from others that post here.

It seem that littlecountry has some similar voice patterns and has been (lately) showing finger prints that seem very similar to a person that posted here with regularity in the past.

This other person that reminds me of littlecountry would post in the same manner, use the same methods and at times just irratate the hell out of Big Country.

Welcome back "General".....(littlecountry) Sir, we are trying to build your Explorer as fast as we can, Sir. Sir, they upped the cycle times and the line speed has been increased, Sir.... Sir, when they saw your name on the order, they pulled all the big brass from the glass house and solid house just to over see the building of your Explorer, Sir. (the General likes this shit)

Ok. back to the topic.

Our chairman stated that we were going to see the possiblities of SUPER Sat. and Sun. scheduling at our general membership meeting. A rather favorible exchange of information I most say. Now in the last week the decission makers have been hinting to the facts of having to make up or catch up on orders. This would be re enforcing the informatiom all 84 (<---dam near 4000 members and yep... thats all) (<---would that put it at over 3800 potential "rumor victims"??) of the members received at the general membership meeting.

Get ready young sisters and brothers.... spring is coming and you all know what that means.... rebalance, rework, balance out, ramp up, job one...rumor after rumor....ahh yes won`t be long...mmmm summer time at CAP.

"I just heard", "they said", "someone told me" that.... C crew is going away, we are losing the MKS and Taurus to Flatrock, the Explorer is going to Russia and a drum role please..... our profit sharing checks will be close to $4000.00 after taxs!!!!!! (Dont you just love rumors)....(and those that start`em).

Oh, like you (littlecountry or the General) we at CAP are very grateful to have a J-O-B...

Decker

1 of the 1788

Edited by Decker
  • Like 2

Like our voice pattern and finger prints, the way people build a topic and of course the responses a person posts can give insight to who they are.

In written word we give off who we are also. Most will say that when Decker posts or responses to a post they know who it is... Well, other than people that Decker works with and know he posts on BON, these are people who actually know who I am. But, most who read this forum can pretty much say they know Decker.

For those new members to this forum you may not realize that over the years there have been people that come on here just to try and get reactions, responses and at times go with the irrataing response, just to get responses from others that post here.

It seem that littlecountry has some similar voice patterns and has been (lately) showing finger prints that seem very similar to a person that posted here with regularity in the past.

This other person that reminds me of littlecountry would post in the same manner, use the same methods and at times just irratate the hell out of Big Country.

Welcome back "General".....(littlecountry) Sir, we are trying to build your Explorer as fast as we can, Sir. Sir, they upped the cycle times and the line speed has been increased, Sir.... Sir, when they saw your name on the order, they pulled all the big brass from the glass house and solid house just to over see the building of your Explorer, Sir. (the General likes this shit)

Ok. back to the topic.

Our chairman stated that we were going to see the possiblities of SUPER Sat. and Sun. scheduling at our general membership meeting. A rather favorible exchange of information I most say. Now in the last week the decission makers have been hinting to the facts of having to make up or catch up on orders. This would be re enforcing the informatiom all 84 (<---dam near 4000 members and yep... thats all) (<---would that put it at over 3800 potential "rumor victims"??) of the members received at the general membership meeting.

Get ready young sisters and brothers.... spring is coming and you all know what that means.... rebalance, rework, balance out, ramp up, job one...rumor after rumor....ahh yes won`t be long...mmmm summer time at CAP.

"I just heard", "they said", "someone told me" that.... C crew is going away, we are losing the MKS and Taurus to Flatrock, the Explorer is going to Russia and a drum role please..... our profit sharing checks will be close to $4000.00 after taxs!!!!!! (Dont you just love rumors)....(and those that start`em).

Oh, like you (littlecountry or the General) we at CAP are very grateful to have a J-O-B...

Decker

1 of the 1788

DIDO.

• Like 1

The Sunday shocker at Chicago Assembly, our Servicing Rep from the Region who was pulled because he was the master negotiater and our Local President tell the Voith workers that they should vote yes on a contract that would eliminate their 401, $4500 out of pocket for a family health plan and no raise for 4 more years.... Drum roll please, the vote total 59 no 2 yes! These members of local 551 that voted no to concessions are couragous.

The Sunday shocker at Chicago Assembly, our Servicing Rep from the Region who was pulled because he was the master negotiater and our Local President tell the Voith workers that they should vote yes on a contract that would eliminate their 401, $4500 out of pocket for a family health plan and no raise for 4 more years.... Drum roll please, the vote total 59 no 2 yes! These members of local 551 that voted no to concessions are couragous.

Think our union has run its course? Think about our next contract, what will we be told is a good contract? Better yet, how thankful do we have to be for our job`s, when they bring to us something like they just said was a good contract for our UAW 551 Sisters and Brothers at Voith?

Members, how long will we go without an hourly increase or how long will we make $28 an hour.....?

Decker

1 of the 1788

A twist to the plot at Chicago Assembly. The plant had been on the right track quality and production wise and the former Plant Manager and our Chairman worked seemingly well together. Now, the Assistant Plant Manager who called security to remove our Chairman months back is now at the management helm. This Assistant Plant who came out of Michigan Truck brought his whole crew in here and morale is destroyed, and when they were their they shut down Michigan Truck. On the floor it is widely thought that this move is purely to influence our next election for Chairman. You would think that the Company and IUAW would have learned from the last contract that Chicago does not like to be told who or what to vote for!

• Like 1

The answer is yes, they do think they can tell us who and what to vote for. In the letter that confirmed Carlo's pick of a Health and Safety with 6 months seniority, the President's office did not back up the decision with language from the Constitution, they just said they can do that. Sounds like the HR department!

• Like 1

Is it, the lack of knowlegde, experience or abilities?

Is it, the lack of direction?

Is it, the lack of involvement?

Is it, the lack of commitment?

Is it, the lack of accountablity?

Is it, the herd mentality?

Have you seen an adult take direction from another adult, knowing completely that the giver of the directions, has got a very bad track record when it comes to giving directions?

If you can answer yes, to all these questions then you may start to understand just how deep the mass confusion is at CAP.

It is very easy to tell the confused herd of sheep to take one more step forward.... when just a few sheep realize the cliff is a step away....

Come on, think of the herd`s track record. Just this last election.... the sheep listened to the shepherds, had a donut and WAMMM....

Now three years later, have the sheep forgotten? Will the same shepherds start singing the same tunes? Will the donuts smell as good?

As for the managers of this mass confusion.... really, do they have it together enough to support any union member and think it will help.....the company? Dose management know what will help the company?

Want to get the "deer in the head lights look" from any candidate? Just ask "what local agreement are we working under"? or here`s a good one, sure to get multiple answers...."when did the local agreement expire"?

As far as whats going on down the street from the plant.....? Same questions... Same answers....

One thing for sure, there are a lot more of us sheep heading away from those candidates with familiar faces and singing those same old tunes.... :stop:

Decker

1 of the 1788

Ok....Ok....

After a few text messages.... I stand corrected.

I should have said "high level management"....

I fully agree we have zone supervisors, MPS`s and maintenance managers that do have a clue.

WOOOOO :doh: I stand corrected.

People, really do read this forum ;)

Decker

1 of the 1788

Seems the epic battle between the Chairman and Assistant Plant Manager over implementation of FPS sparked the latest attempt of an overthrow at CAP. I was told by group 1 Skilled Trades Rep. that Chairman had agreed to FPS and team leader format. Turns out that Group 1 Skilled Trades Rep was off due to a death in his family and was not even at meeting. I spoke with Group 2 Skilled Trades Rep and he was at the FPS kickoff meeting and he said it was more of a kickout meeting by the Chairman. Assistant Plant Manager told the Chairman FPS would be implemented as written and the Chairman pointed out he would have to forge his signature for it to become a reality. The big issue the rep told me was Team Leaders giving work assignments and ending lines of demarcation. As a Tradesman,if the Chairman stands by his position of no to FPS he will win the bulk of the Skilled Trades vote at CAP in my oppinion.

• Like 1

Seems the epic battle between the Chairman and Assistant Plant Manager over implementation of FPS sparked the latest attempt of an overthrow at CAP. I was told by group 1 Skilled Trades Rep. that Chairman had agreed to FPS and team leader format. Turns out that Group 1 Skilled Trades Rep was off due to a death in his family and was not even at meeting. I spoke with Group 2 Skilled Trades Rep and he was at the FPS kickoff meeting and he said it was more of a kickout meeting by the Chairman. Assistant Plant Manager told the Chairman FPS would be implemented as written and the Chairman pointed out he would have to forge his signature for it to become a reality. The big issue the rep told me was Team Leaders giving work assignments and ending lines of demarcation. As a Tradesman,if the Chairman stands by his position of no to FPS he will win the bulk of the Skilled Trades vote at CAP in my oppinion.

OK. I have done some investigating and have been asking questions to management on this issue. I was told from very upper management that the group 1 skilled trades rep had already agreed with the company on launching the groups as long as they would wait until after his election.

• Like 1

Wait until after the election is exactly what the Group 1 Skilled Trades Rep does at CAP. I was locked into Body Shop and he told all of us the Chairman had frozen the Area Preference Bump and then it came out he had signed a side agreement with the Assistant Plant Manager and HR to freeze it and that forced many of us to stay for 6 months extra on a shift we did not want to be on. The most cowardly part of this was he told all of us it was the Chairman and we wanted to kill him. When the truth came out, all of us that were lied to, met with the Chairman and let him know who had thrown him under the bus for 6 months. So do I believe the Skilled Trades Group 1 rep agreed to the FPS, I am sure he did, just like he put out he was against the AWS but signed off on the 2007 AWS for the entire production workforce.The gig is up with the Skilled Trades Rep. Mike Marzillo!

• Like 1

Wait until after the election is exactly what the Group 1 Skilled Trades Rep does at CAP. I was locked into Body Shop and he told all of us the Chairman had frozen the Area Preference Bump and then it came out he had signed a side agreement with the Assistant Plant Manager and HR to freeze it and that forced many of us to stay for 6 months extra on a shift we did not want to be on. The most cowardly part of this was he told all of us it was the Chairman and we wanted to kill him. When the truth came out, all of us that were lied to, met with the Chairman and let him know who had thrown him under the bus for 6 months. So do I believe the Skilled Trades Group 1 rep agreed to the FPS, I am sure he did, just like he put out he was against the AWS but signed off on the 2007 AWS for the entire production workforce.The gig is up with the Skilled Trades Rep. Mike Marzillo!

Call it like it is. He put the letters out saying how great AWS was and then on the agreement with the company he forged his credentials as a bargaining unit in order to get it to pass. (What is "it"? The elimination of the 8 hour work day!!!)

I can say with some very good certainty that, a blind person could spot the poor representation here at CAP..... a city block away...

I can also state first hand, hearing a certain Trades Rep state, "either you`re with me or against me"... I will say, I`m not real sure what he meant?

OK.... enough of the everyday bad, poor, not so good or "ARE YOU F`IN KIDDIN ME" type of everyday news coming from my beloved CAP.

Drum Roll Please.......

There was.... (yeah I know) GOOD NEWS comig out of CAP toooooday!!!!!!

It seems there has been some of that "Nee Goo She Ateing" thing going on...(I know) No.. really it had to be that Nee Goo She Ateing thingy. Really.

Someone had to step out of the CAP line dance we call representation and Waaammmm!!!!

WE NOW HAVE OVER ONE HUNDRED BRAND SPANKING NEW ENTRY LEVEL MEMBERS!!!!!!!

OK? who has been doin that Nee Goo She Ateing Thing?

Annnn,,, get this, these brand new entry level members get their... Ok..OK.. drum roll PLEASE.... SENIORITY!!!! from day one!!!!!

There is going to be some very happy Brand New Entry Level members next week!!!! CHA CHING CHA CHING money in the bank!!!!

Hmmm... negotiating can, work out as a good thing.

Welcome... new members of our local. If you ever think of something that an old long hair can assist you with just ask.

Decker

1 of the 1788

• Like 1

Decker you are right about this being good news! The membership that this impacted that I have spoken with finally knows how big of an impact the Local UAW can have on them when they are looking out for their best interest. A funny story was one of the new Entry Level on C-Crew told me she was told just last weekend by the C-Crew Bargaining Unit who approached her with the HR Salary rep Terrance, that the reason she was not seniority and would not get profit sharing, health insurance was due to the Chairman not being skilled enough to negotiate it and if he was Chairman she would have been converted. She said the HR Salary Rep confirmed the same thing. Yesterday the same C-Crew Unit minus Terrance, after she was informed by the Chairman she was flipped to Entry Level said that the C-Crew Unit told her that the Chairman had nothing to do with it and the Company flipped the LTS's. She asked me if the Unit thought they were that stupid, I told her it had worked for years and the house of cards was coming down. LOL.

• Like 1

Decker you are right about this being good news! The membership that this impacted that I have spoken with finally knows how big of an impact the Local UAW can have on them when they are looking out for their best interest. A funny story was one of the new Entry Level on C-Crew told me she was told just last weekend by the C-Crew Bargaining Unit who approached her with the HR Salary rep Terrance, that the reason she was not seniority and would not get profit sharing, health insurance was due to the Chairman not being skilled enough to negotiate it and if he was Chairman she would have been converted. She said the HR Salary Rep confirmed the same thing. Yesterday the same C-Crew Unit minus Terrance, after she was informed by the Chairman she was flipped to Entry Level said that the C-Crew Unit told her that the Chairman had nothing to do with it and the Company flipped the LTS's. She asked me if the Unit thought they were that stupid, I told her it had worked for years and the house of cards was coming down. LOL.

Interesting conversations are accruing all over the plant with C Crew members and high seniority members.

I had the privilege of talking with C Crew members just this last Friday. One point that these members brought up is the perception that they are less than aware (not as smart) of what is going on. These C Crew members stated that they have been made aware of the way the politics is used to intimidate them from before they became members. Most of these members have had friends, family and just people they knew in the Ford system before they started, that had passed on the information on the methods used by both our union and the company Rep`s.

Now, to down play anything as important as members becoming seniority building members is a self serving technique, also an old school method. This in most cases is listed as "damage control" in the old, slighty dirty polictical hand book. Also in the old, slighty dirty policitical hand book, it will call for some form of reassurance, for the person down playing any issue. One handbook suggestion would be to have another person or group of people back up the statements made by the down player, of the situation. With having the other person or group of people present when doing the down playing is being preformed, will give the down player some creditability. The higher the level of authority the person or group present holds, the more reassurance the down player will have to "control the damage" from being caught off guard or not aware of a change in status of any member or group of members.

Now there are other technique`s of control (of the members vote, thats all that both sides present want) in the old school polictical hand book. In the past, one chapter in the hand book was "tailoring all information". It was one of the most used and easiest methods of controlling the memberships vote. OK, I`m going to show just how long I`ve been around..... this "tailoring of all information" was very much in play back a few years, when.... the membership at Atlanta was used against the membership at Chicago. Tailoring information, half truths and just plain lies were used to get both the company and unions points of interest in place. It was very easy to start the rumors that played us against them (yeah, unionism right?) because the distance alone helped and the fact that even if the phones were used to talk to either membership it may take a day or two before anyone could exchange any information. There were times we here at Chicago heard what the membership was doing in Atlanta and most likely the same number of times the members at Atlanta heard what the membership in Chicago were doing.... All along this method worked very, very good in the controlling of the memberships of both locals. Such bits of tailored information were "line speed", "reduction in force" and the best of the techniques was instilling "fear" in the memberships. "If Chicago dosen`t do this or that.... Atlanta will take over full production!!!!" I`m sure the names of the plants were just reversed down south.

For years these techniques in the old school polictical hand book worked...well. Yes, even I found it hard to believe that my, our and Walter`s union would be such a big player in these methods of control. But.... times they have been changing.

The players in this race for control always under estimated the level of intelligence of the membership...

The players in the control of the memberships vote plan, always give themselves way to high a level of intelligence.... mistakes.

The techniques of the polictical hand book are failing to have the level of control the players need because, time has changed when it comes to keeping the tailored information in just one local at a time. We have members traveling from local to local due to transfers and training situations. There is the exchange of information between family and friends. Then the most important parts of the information exchange between the different memberships that the players want to control..... the real time exchange of information due to the internet and cell phones.

So we as members should continue to ask the questions and question the next time you see a company rep not only accompaning our union rep`s on the floor but backing up a union rep`s position on any contractual situation. Maybe question to yourself, why they think we are members that have a low level of understanding....

Members due the math.... Entry Level members are, the largest group of members at CAP, the Entry Level members are producing the products at CAP at the lowest level of compensation and the Entry Level members are the link to the future when it comes to exchanging the informaton in the game of control. So use your cell phones (safely) and the internet to keep in touch with those members you have grown to trust. Ask the questions till you get the answers you`ll need to make the decisions.... for all our futures.

There are Entry Level members on 1st & 2nd base....there are high seniority members on 3rd base... up to bat.?....are the Entry Level members.....the high seniority coaches are giving their support... get the picture... Entry Level members don`t have to hit a grand slam...yours is the generation of change, know your power and get on base!!! (just get on base...sound like a Cubs fan?? ;) )

One last request, the next time someone is in damage control mode, just wink at the high ranking company rep and say thanks for the reassurance.... :reading:

Decker

1 of the 1788

Edited by Decker