A New Low at Chicago Assembly!

roadhog

Roadhog, to add to the glowing endorsement 2 years ago by Trevor in regards to Grant being by far the best choice for the Chairmanship out today is a letter by none other than the other tradesman to endorse Grant 2 years ago, Scott Houdielson our Financial Sec. How 2 years changes things, Scott put out a letter today saying that they did indeed want to censor Grant's letters but it was to protect Carlo, I mean the local. What was amazing was Scott stated that what one should look for in electing an official was experience but when Scott, Carlo, Dawn, Carlos, Trevor endorsed Grant last time he had little experience. Scott stated in his letter today that Grant should address the individuals responsible for putting our B-Crew Health and Safety rep in and not attack the rep. Scott and Carlo have been AWOL from the plant for some time because every letter to come out about the topic has addressed Carlo, Region and the IUAW official who put the individual in office. And Scott who was the biggest backer of Grant now that the Chairman is standing on principle and not selling out the membership in regards to seniority, Scott is siding with the concession caucus at our local. I am starting to think that we have a fraud on our hands or maybe we always had one!

• Like 2

Read the letter from the Presidents Office (Bobb) in reply to our Chairman`s protest.

It seems Bobb had his attorney send his response in the attorney lingo stuff. But the bottom line our president was OK`d by Bobb, through his attorney to over look experience, ability and SENIORITY..... tier 1 members (seniority members), better luck next time....

Then I read where the Bobbb stated the tier 2 and entry level (thought they were the same?) will never reach full pay or benefits and we high paid seniority members will never see a pay increase....(whats a pay increase?)... unless we get all the trans plants to belly up to the UAW bar..... Then the Bobb states we have to start letting the public? in general, join the UAW so we can sent them that news paper thing?

The crying, wimpering and castrations have begun.... about two years before the contract expires.... Hmmmm Isn`t it time for the Bobb to turn things over to another well groomed IUAW E-Board member? come on boys... put those family jewels up on the negotiation table...

Am I the only one that hears the FAT LADY singing?

Decker

1 of the 1788

• Like 1

Read the letter from the Presidents Office (Bobb) in reply to our Chairman`s protest.

It seems Bobb had his attorney send his response in the attorney lingo stuff. But the bottom line our president was OK`d by Bobb, through his attorney to over look experience, ability and SENIORITY..... tier 1 members (seniority members), better luck next time....

Then I read where the Bobbb stated the tier 2 and entry level (thought they were the same?) will never reach full pay or benefits and we high paid seniority members will never see a pay increase....(whats a pay increase?)... unless we get all the trans plants to belly up to the UAW bar..... Then the Bobb states we have to start letting the public? in general, join the UAW so we can sent them that news paper thing?

The crying, wimpering and castrations have begun.... about two years before the contract expires.... Hmmmm Isn`t it time for the Bobb to turn things over to another well groomed IUAW E-Board member? come on boys... put those family jewels up on the negotiation table...

Am I the only one that hears the FAT LADY singing?

Decker

1 of the 1788

Nope, you are definatly not the only one. Been seeing it coming for several years.

As for Bob responding to the letter and allowing the appointment, If the Appointment violates the constitution,and Bob still oks it, then Bob King would be in violation of the constitution, and thats a whole nother can of worms. I would think that anyone in that high of an office that violates our constitution could be held responsible in some way. if not, then why have the document at all?

• Like 1

I finally got a return call from Jimmy Settles AA on how this was approved. I was told that it was an oversight on not enforcing Article 14 Section 3 of the Constitution. He also stated, and I quote that he was unaware of the section because he is not an expert on the Constitution and it was up to Bob King to correct the oversight. Oversight WTF. I asked him how do we expect the company to follow the contract in regards to seniority when our Local President ignores it. You do not need to be an expert, you just need to be able to count. 6 months is less than 12 months. I was also given the answer to my other question also, what was the previous lowerst seniority to receive a National Appointment. The answer given was 3 years. So since 1941 this is the first time ever that the Constitution has been ignored in regards to Article 14 Section 3. Sorry not ignored, an oversight! But the real question to be answered by our President Carlo Bishop is why wourld he put forward a member with 6 months for the best job in the plant. Many of us have been calling him but he will not return our calls and I have not seen him in the plant for months and at the last Union meeting he blamed all this on the Region and IUAW even though Carlo Bishop put the members forward for them to pick. May (election time) is coming soon!

Who cares, it's over with, just build my explorer!

• Like 1

Stopped to get my auto show tickets and apparently on a Tuesday night the C-Crew rep was in the plant at 10 pm even though he did not work until Friday and broke into the Chairman's office to steal the auto show tickets. I saw the pictures and they split the metal door in the middle. This group cut all the Chairman's brake lines and he was in an accident and now this, something tells me the group after the Chairman will stop at nothing. Why is this group so desperate to get the candidate that they swore to all of us just 2 years ago was the best person for the Chairman's job? But I did get my tickets, thanks UAW! LOL.

If we're not going to follow the contact then why would the company? Oh yeah, they don't

its not just there, at lap you would think that the chairman and skilled trades rep didnt even know what a contract is, if it were not for the fact that i was raised in a union home and a have deep union heart i would drop my card, i get no representation here because what i grip about does not go with their agenda even though it is by the contract that i pay dues to have protected, it is a sad day in the uaw when a skilled trades rep tells a member the only time you call me is when someone is doing your work. and says i gave you the chance to make over time as he promotes other trades doing your work but calls it helping hands but does not follow the contract pertaining to helping hands yes this is a shit hole

• Like 1

Decker at the Union meetings I have been to over the last year it has been amazing to watch the disgust most of the E-Board have had at the membership. Carlo, Coby, Angela, Jimmy Jam and a Unit I had never seen before walked B-Crew on a campaign tour and they stopped next to my job and a Team Leader asked a simple questions about how a $110,000 roof was put on without a special meeting, and why Cherly White who is Carlo's cousin was not removed from the board for theft, and why they had not removed Derrick Powell for racist and anti-gay comments and finally they asked the group why they wanted to censor the Chairman's letters that argued against the appointment of a member with 6 months to Health and Safety? The group which we had never seen before on B-Crew together simply stated that Grant was playing politics. And the latest I have been told is that Scott our Financial Secratary bounced a check due to insufficient funds. We have 4000 members and if it is true that we are bouncing checks then the crew that stopped by needs to take back the furniture they bought for the Union Hall that looks nicer than the Oval Office and explain, what they refused on their walk, what has happened to all the money. Ready for the next indictments in Chicago!

• Like 2

Chi Town, you like a lot of members have witnessed the disappointment (disgust) in some of those E-Board members faces. :waiting:

It seems to start coming out when a member, any member brings common sense to the podium. Then this look really starts to spread if the member uses facts to back up their point. Then the look on some of the E-Board faces turns to something like "how dare they"..... :do what: if the issue that is brought to them (E-board) has any reference to the constitution or our by-laws....

If you were at the last general membership meeting this look of disgust (dis belief) started small then ran through the E-Board ranks like wild fire. I thought the chair of the by-laws committee`s head was going to catch on fire when some long hair, rose to a point of order, after referencing the by-laws and making it clear that due process was not followed, the long hair stood at the podium and listened to the chair of the by-laws committee state (twice) "I did post the changes".... Now at this point the chair was HOT!!!! the look was one of way..... more then disgust. But, when the President not only took out the by-laws but, started to read the lanuage that backed up the point of order.....BAM!!!! the look on the chairs face :eek5: <---- looked something like this.

As for the roof..... just keep thinking and asking yourselves "when did we get to vote on such a costly improvement?" "did I miss the meeting that this issue was explained to the membership" or "did we miss any speical meeting to discuss the need, cost, bids or just keeping the membership aware of a 110K cost". One last thing to ask yourselves is can the "Secretary/Teasurer pull up the last 7 or 8 years of records" and run the Roberts Custom Software program that will give him a print out for each time a check was cut for roof repairs. Yep, he can do an idem search and let the membership know to the penny the total cost, the contractor that did the work and just how many times the roof has been repaired..... Ok, if my memory is correct, the membership has paid for "a roof repair" 2 or 3 times in the last 6 to 8 years. The membership is close if not over 200K in roof reairs in the 6 to 8 years.... just a guess...might be more.

Hey... the cost of the new furniture was off set by auctioning off the old furniture and doing a car wash, chilly dinner, bake sale... :hysterical: like the cost of the fence was off set by selling the old fence for scrap :hysterical: I know...I know.... stop it Decker :hysterical:

Couins..... their family, got to love em :wub: Hmmm... is the HVC chair out yet?

Now please..... a man that makes no mistakes (he resights due process in three lanuages) and didn`t need all that time at the hall to deal with all those silly personal issues the membership may have ...or has proven his opinion is the only correct way to serve this membership... how many times has he used his opinion to make up a members lost time check, then have to reissue another "correct" lost time check to the members..... BUT....over draw on any one of the many accounts he`s started and closed and moved and flip flopped.... NEVER :idea:

Did the Team have any Hot Dogs or Donuts?????

Decker

1 of the many, disapointments to some of our E-Board members

Edited by Decker
  • Like 2

Decker at the Union meetings I have been to over the last year it has been amazing to watch the disgust most of the E-Board have had at the membership. Carlo, Coby, Angela, Jimmy Jam and a Unit I had never seen before walked B-Crew on a campaign tour and they stopped next to my job and a Team Leader asked a simple questions about how a $110,000 roof was put on without a special meeting, and why Cherly White who is Carlo's cousin was not removed from the board for theft, and why they had not removed Derrick Powell for racist and anti-gay comments and finally they asked the group why they wanted to censor the Chairman's letters that argued against the appointment of a member with 6 months to Health and Safety? The group which we had never seen before on B-Crew together simply stated that Grant was playing politics. And the latest I have been told is that Scott our Financial Secratary bounced a check due to insufficient funds. We have 4000 members and if it is true that we are bouncing checks then the crew that stopped by needs to take back the furniture they bought for the Union Hall that looks nicer than the Oval Office and explain, what they refused on their walk, what has happened to all the money. Ready for the next indictments in Chicago!

Forgot to attach your post to my response....

The hits keep coming for this group, today at the Union meeting it is confirmed that $110,000 was spent on the Union Hall roof 5 years after $98,000 was spent. $30,000 was spent on our President Carlo Bishop's office furniture and then Weeve our Executive Board member who stated all the White Racist Bastards in Northwest Indiana should kill themselves on facebook defends his comments and his C-Crew Unit joins in defending him. The retiree rep states he had a talk with Weeve but was not aware the following week he put anti-gay and promoted violence again. Not to be outdone it was stated to the membership that the Union Hall paid for 4 wives plane tickets to New Orleans next week on a trip about our audit. Then as I am leaving due to my shift starting who takes the mic but Carlo's Dad wanting to question the Chairman about Auto Show Tickets and why the retirees did not get them. It was pointed out that it is the Chairman's job to take care of the membership in the plant and his son's job to take care of the retirees. The Chairman asked why neither one called, text or emailed him about not having tickets and he called him a liar but admitted that neither him or his son called the Chairman. My main question was how clear is it that Carlo's Dad is running the Hall for his son and whenever he cannot answer a question which is almost always his dad jumps in to try and save the President. When Carl was in office the hall was rigged election's and one indictment after another, it seems the apple does not fall far from the tree. But as always the gang who could not shoot straight had their guy who goes on all the Union trips call a quorum!

• Like 2

How many E-board signatures dose it take to withdraw $50K from an account? any of the local`s accounts?

Was there a majority vote or an E-Board vote taken, before the $50K was moved?

Our "NOW" savings account was set up for an emergency? forgetting to check the balance is an emergency?

How could a Secretary/Treasurer forget to look at the computer to check the general fund balance? Before writing checks?

Then when asked the Secretary/Treaurer stated he was so busy he made the over draft before he realized it happened.... And don`t worry no chechs were returned for insufficient funds.......(bounced) :do what:

The Secretary/Treasurer then stated he pulled the $50K out of the NOW account? Then he deposited the $50K into the general fund to cover the overdraft. Then when he got the other money? he deposited it in the general checking account... he then pulled out $50K out of the general checking account and he took the $50K back to the NOW account...... HE did all this flip flopping of all those K`s and covering HIS overdraft.... with the full knowledge of the E-Board? Who signed both the withdrawals???

OH WAIT A MINUTE!!!!! never mine its ok...really... the Secretary/Treasurer said its ok because he paid the $102.00 penalty out of his own pocket.....

Hmmmm.... the last time a Secretary/Treasurer moved $50K from bank to bank without the membership or E-Board knowing till after the flip flop, she got some great gifts from the bank.... ;)

Well... looks like we are back to business as it was here in Chicago....for a few years we lost being the topic of conversation at the Regional and International gatherings..... the question now might be how low can Chicago go.....

Decker

:victory:

Edited by Decker
  • Like 1

Has anyone reported any of this to the Department of Labor, Office of the Inspector General? This is starting to sound like violations under RICOH!

• Like 1

Decker, wasn't there an issue at Chicago about 20 years ago or so with the President or Chairman or someone getting indicted for taking bribes when they were installing the gyms at the plants? I know there was someone who got into trouble for that because a lot of gym equipment mysteriously showed up at his house or he got kickbacks......must have just fallen off the truck or something......could have sworn it was out of Chicago but I could be mistaken.....I think it might have been Arnold Banks or someone like that....

Decker, wasn't there an issue at Chicago about 20 years ago or so with the President or Chairman or someone getting indicted for taking bribes when they were installing the gyms at the plants? I know there was someone who got into trouble for that because a lot of gym equipment mysteriously showed up at his house or he got kickbacks......must have just fallen off the truck or something......could have sworn it was out of Chicago but I could be mistaken.....I think it might have been Arnold Banks or someone like that....

Spring,

You`re correct it was and is Chicago that has a very dark past.

All I can say is, most of those elected members that were at Chicago during those dark days have moved on in one way or another. But, we have 4, 5 or so of those elected or appointed members that were in office back then "our darkest day`s" still influencing members to this day.

From their elected postitions in the retiree`s chapter they influence not only the retiree`s but, at times try and do influence the membership just like back in the good old days. You may ask how can that happen? Well its as simple as "older men influencing younger people" or "fathers influencing son`s". These members that were doing the very questionable bussiness back 20 years have moved on and used their years of expirence along with the "nice old man" tactic`s....

Most members don`t know that back in 07 we paid over $93K to fix the roof and six years later the members will pay over $110K to fix the same roof... There was this long hair that was told back in 08 the roofing company went out of business so there was no way to have the fix covered by any warranty..... One look on the internet and low and behold there it was a big beautiful web site for the company that went out of business?? So a few calls to the company and one to the locals attornies and the roof was patched.... no charge.

Now six years after the $93K job was done the same reason for not seeking some warranty work "Total Roofing is out of business".....? Hmmm still on the internet... real nice web site... member of the BBB too.

My point is, the same excuses, reasons and tactic`s over the years will prove bad habbits are hard to break and the apple will not fall far from the tree. Really, what has changed... we spend $180K in one month... buy dam near $30K worth of furniture... float checks.... one member pulling $50K out of one account and putting it in another all on his own...we have elected members try to make it ok that we have missing standing committee funds, if they pay for the $550 worth of missing tickets.... having a "snack bar" ran out the back door...having someone not turn on the alarm and close gates when the computers came up missing... missing CAP ticket money.... and yes book bags not make it to the kids.

So....Spring, if you ever wanted the good old days back, hell just take ride to Chicago......there here. I`ll pop for lunch and point out the senior players....

Decker

• Like 1