Daytime Running Lamps

mhlbnghm

I also own a 2013 Ford Taurus Limited. Great car! I don't believe you can order daytime lights...but really don't see a need for them. I think the fad started years ago when GM used them on all their Canadian cars. To me, its all show. Similar to the LED tailights that all the new cars are using. By the way, have you driven behind a new Dodge Charger at night on the highway.....those full length tailights are a huge optical nuisance...practically blinding. Ugh!

Update..regarding the daytime running lights you inquired about. I just called the Chrysler parts department and they charge $1100 to replace the standard C-shaped LED headlights on the 300 series , since the daytime lights and headlights are all one unit. That price is for each LIGHT. WOW!

Recently purchased my 1st Ford product, a 2013 Taurus LTD. To my surprise it does not appear to have Daytime Running Lamps. Are these available? Can they be added? My dealer doesn't seem to know!

DRL is available as a fleet-only option on MY 2013 Taurus, excluding SHO. A FIN code is required to specify this option (code 942), which costs $45.

Well, dealer surprised me and gave me a call about this. Took it in, they did an update on the Sync system AND, turned the DRL's on. Simply a 'check or uncheck' procedure.

No charge since it was hooked up for the update already. Otherwise he said they probably would have charged me $20 or $25 bucks.

Tks for the feedback!

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Of course, there's another way to have DRL's on any vehicle you drive... Just turn your headlights on when you start your car. I've been doing this for many, many years on my company car as the DRL's are a fleet order only option from Ford yet standard on Canadian cars because they're required by law.

Of course, there's another way to have DRL's on any vehicle you drive... Just turn your headlights on when you start your car. I've been doing this for many, many years on my company car as the DRL's are a fleet order only option from Ford yet standard on Canadian cars because they're required by law.

What? You mean you can just turn your lights on if you want them on? What a novel idea! :)

I don't understand that about people...complain they want DRL's when the solution is at their finger tips!

What? You mean you can just turn your lights on if you want them on? What a novel idea! :)

I don't understand that about people...complain they want DRL's when the solution is at their finger tips!

Not just a solution - a better solution because it includes taillights.

• Like 1