Field Service Action 12C27 Headlamp Assembly Replacement

dbmaven

Several people have noted that this item has started appearing in ETIS for their VIN on 2013 Fusions.

Yesterday there were no Google hits, today this showed up:

5378 - Announcing Field Service Action 12C27

DELIVERY HOLD - Compliance Recall 12C27 - Certain 2013 Model Year Fusion Vehicles - Headlamp Assembly Replacement. REFER TO FMCDEALER.COM FOR DETAILS.

Source: http://www.vrep.fordtechservice.dealerconnection.com/vdirs/oasis/oareq.asp?broadcast=ON&from=

Anyone have additional information?? "Compliance recall" would seem to suggest something relatively serious.....

Since I already have my Fusion I'm wondering what the deal is, since it can't be subject to a delivery hold......

The details are that the headlamps are defective and need to be replaced. There really isn't anything more to be said. If you're wondering what's wrong with them - we'll probably never know. From the wording I would guess something in the original part didn't meet DOT specs.

Edited by akirby

Yes, thanks dbmaven and salva for those updates. Looks like the rumors about headlights were true!

I'll be visiting my dealer on Monday to fix the fit issue I have about the trunk and hood, fixing the MFT upgrade, and seeing if they heard about this headlight issue. I have a feeling I'll have to set up another appointment for the headlights.

It appears this is only a problem on the earlier builds. My guess is a bad batch of headlights. Mine was built 11/17 and it's only showing the 12A04 MFT upgrade.

Mine was built on 11/19 and there are no field service messages. It's now riding the rails. Edited by hermans
  • Like 1

Is there a way to validate whether my car is included in the recall? Or do I just need to call a dealeship?

You probably should talk to the dealer in any case, but you can also try.

1) Ford etis - google for "ford etis" and go to vehicle / vehicle lookup. Type your VIN and it will tell you a lot of stuff about your vehicle, including (on the left) a list of outsanding field service actions. I personally used this with VINs of cars in a nearby dealer lot and it did get some hits for this recall.

2)I believe Ford has a consumer friendly recall web page. I goggled "ford recall" and got to a page where you could type your VIN and see any pending recalls. I haven't tried it, though.

1) Ford etis - google for "ford etis" and go to vehicle / vehicle lookup. Type your VIN and it will tell you a lot of stuff about your vehicle, including (on the left) a list of outsanding field service actions. I personally used this with VINs of cars in a nearby dealer lot and it did get some hits for this recall.

I did this for my local dealer and all Titanium "Dealer Ordered" models show "12A04 - SYNC WITH MYFORD/MYLINCOLN TOUCH - APPLICATION PERFORMANCE UPGRADE" while all "Available in stock" have 12C27 - HEADLAMP ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT".

The hybrid models all say "No Campaign Message(s) found", even the ones that have SE HYB TECH/MY FORD TOUCH PKG on the window sticker.

I did this for my local dealer and all Titanium "Dealer Ordered" models show "12A04 - SYNC WITH MYFORD/MYLINCOLN TOUCH - APPLICATION PERFORMANCE UPGRADE" while all "Available in stock" have 12C27 - HEADLAMP ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT".

The hybrid models all say "No Campaign Message(s) found", even the ones that have SE HYB TECH/MY FORD TOUCH PKG on the window sticker.

This can be a mystery. My Fusion hybrid was build on the 17th , shows no Field Service Messages and is currently on a railcar headed in my direction on the East coast.

This can be a mystery. My Fusion hybrid was build on the 17th , shows no Field Service Messages and is currently on a railcar headed in my direction on the East coast.

On the headlamps issue - somebody in another thread said the actual recall covers vehicles built up to Oct 20th. So yeah, hopefully all being built for a while have fixed headlamps.

On MFT - well if they have the version released for updates, I see no reason why they wouldn't load it in newly built units.

Be happy, this is what new cars are supposed to look like, coming out of the factory. Nothing to fix :-)

Just checked mine out today, 12T08 is gone, and has been replaced by "

12A04 - SYNC WITH MYFORD/MYLINCOLN TOUCH - APPLICATION PERFORMANCE UPGRADE"

I'll ask my dealer about this on Saturday, fiddling with the car this morning, everything appeared to work fine, pretty quick, no delays in voice commands or anything.