Shipping ETA - TBD

expresspotato

Hi,

Does anyone know why all the shipping dates on Fusions have been switched from a real date to TBD? My ETA long since past and now my car produced about a month ago on October 8th is now just TBD as to its ETA.

Update - my car (and a ton of other peoples) are still in Mexico here on December 14th, 16 weeks after being ordered.

Edited by expresspotato

It's very strange. I originally had Nov 5th as an ETA and my last update (last week) had the same status without the ETA. I will be requesting an update either tomorrow or Wednesday from Cyberdman. I'm hoping it will ship sometime this week (but I am starting to prepare myself for another 3 weeks at least). Hopefully we will all get them before Christmas...

• Like 2

Mine was scheduled for delivery today (built 10/23; SYNC installed 10/24). I called to check on it and found that it hasn't shipped and that, in order to assure high-quality production, Ford has placed Fusions in three categories: vehicles at the plant in Mexico, vehicles moving from Mexico to Flat Rock and vehicles enroute to dealerships. Since mine is not yet enroute, it must fall into one of the first two categories. Not sure if "vehicles moving from Mexico to Flat Rock" means the actual cars are being shipped to Flat Rock to fine-tune quality issues or if "orders" are being moved to Flat Rock, which makes more sense. I'll check into this. The bottom line is that all cars are expected to be enroute by late December. Not exactly what I wanted to hear, but I tell myself it will be worth the wait. Maybe a similar car will arrive in general dealer stock that I will like, but I'm picky and ordered exactly what I want, so I'll probably wait for it to arrive.

I hope the part "vehicles moving from mexico to Flat Rock" doesn't mean that orders that are submitted now, and would have been fulfilled in mexico are now being moved to Flat Rock, and they would not start until 1Q2013. Maybe this is for the Titanium Hybrids, and they will be built in Flat Rock?

My order is shown below. I haven't checked on it, but I am guess it is still processing to be accepted by Ford. My salesman did say that if I wanted to switch to a Titanium Hybrid, I should do it this week, so I don't lose the time on my order already submitted. Not sure how true that is.

This is very frustrating. I was hoping to get my SE by early January. With all this, who knows now.

Vince, Does your car have any of the drivers assist, active assist or adaptive cruise control?

Does have My Ford or My Ford Touch? Just trying to figure out why some cars are being shipped

to Flat Rock.

Mine has MyFord Touch and that appearance package that I mentioned. Thats all!

This, from what I'm hearing so far has to do with the hybrids...and it very well could be correlated to the new Fusion Hybrid Titanium going into production IN DECEMBER. From what a Ford representative told me about the whole Job 2 process it would begin in mid to late December as the plant will be CLOSED while preparations are made...everyone that worked on JOB 1 and the fusions you ordered will be replaced with a new crew that have been trained and are fresh for JOB 2. I would imagine it would take more than 2 weeks in early december to change an entire plants assembly to built a new car...soooo I guess some of this makes sense.

The plant in Michigan may not be prepared to start mass assembling the fusions but it is very much open. The plant won't be making fusions until around February 2013..titanium hybrids will begin production in december. My only guess is that if Ford wants to remain on schedule with their December timeline of closing the plant, reorganizing and setting it up and reopening it in mid december to late december with the creation of hybrid titaniums then they need to start NOW...which is what it sounds like they are doing...new fusions are still being created every day but some of the final preperations and storage of these vehicles may be being moved to Flat Rock and then they will ship to dealers and customers from there and from Mexico. This move will allow them to start preparing their factory now as they'll have more space to do things they need to. I don't know what their process is but if they are moving materials north it can only be for saving space and moving things out of the way so the plant handles less as some of their man power is being shifted over to the hybrid titanium anyway.

With this new ETA of TBD it is most likely that they are not going to be shipping from Mexico for very much longer and cars will now go from mexico to flat rock and be finalized there before going out to customers and dealers. It could be that this is just affecting custom orders and dealer orders will remain to ship faster straight from Mexico. Who knows...but one thing is for sure..there is commotion in the ocean and I can only assume it's because of the hybrid titanium. I doubt it's quality issues..but if it is...that would be a horrible punch for hybrid buyers of the new fusion everywhere and...would frankly worry me this late in the game....i mean stalling orders actually going out to people that have been built and bringing them back to the factory? what is this the end of the world? Were they built by aliens or something? Lol.. I don't think it's a quality issue.

Fortunately for me I don't care about my hybrid SE anymore..it's dated at arriving november 12th but i dont even check on it anymore now that i ordered a hybrid titanium. if this work shift is related to titanium hybrid production then I for one am happy to see they aren't pushing me back and are moving ahead on schedule...sucks for se hybrid buyers though as now there is an extra step in finalizing the car which may involve shipping it to Flat Rock before shipping it out to customers.

Edited by DarkeRetribution

My guess is that they are moving the planned production on some that are in the queue but not actually being built yet to Flat Rock from Hermasillo. Probably ramping up Flat Rock as early as they can in terms of planning because they need to get them online there as quickly as possible to meet demand.

Edited by elle

The one thing I don't understand is if they are starting the planning for production in Flat Rock, why would it affect the cars already built and being shipped/planning to be shipped, or ones that are already assigned to be built in Hermosillo?

I am worried based on all the delays, that if I switch to a Hybrid Titanium, I may not see my car til April-May instead of late February/early March based on the mid-late December planned start of production date.

This, from what I'm hearing so far has to do with the hybrids...and it very well could be correlated to the new Fusion Hybrid Titanium going into production IN DECEMBER. From what a Ford representative told me about the whole Job 2 process it would begin in mid to late December as the plant will be CLOSED while preparations are made...everyone that worked on JOB 1 and the fusions you ordered will be replaced with a new crew that have been trained and are fresh for JOB 2. I would imagine it would take more than 2 weeks in early december to change an entire plants assembly to built a new car...soooo I guess some of this makes sense.

The plant in Michigan may not be prepared to start mass assembling the fusions but it is very much open. The plant won't be making fusions until around February 2013..titanium hybrids will begin production in december. My only guess is that if Ford wants to remain on schedule with their December timeline of closing the plant, reorganizing and setting it up and reopening it in mid december to late december with the creation of hybrid titaniums then they need to start NOW...which is what it sounds like they are doing...new fusions are still being created every day but some of the final preperations and storage of these vehicles may be being moved to Flat Rock and then they will ship to dealers and customers from there and from Mexico. This move will allow them to start preparing their factory now as they'll have more space to do things they need to. I don't know what their process is but if they are moving materials north it can only be for saving space and moving things out of the way so the plant handles less as some of their man power is being shifted over to the hybrid titanium anyway.

With this new ETA of TBD it is most likely that they are not going to be shipping from Mexico for very much longer and cars will now go from mexico to flat rock and be finalized there before going out to customers and dealers. It could be that this is just affecting custom orders and dealer orders will remain to ship faster straight from Mexico. Who knows...but one thing is for sure..there is commotion in the ocean and I can only assume it's because of the hybrid titanium. I doubt it's quality issues..but if it is...that would be a horrible punch for hybrid buyers of the new fusion everywhere and...would frankly worry me this late in the game....i mean stalling orders actually going out to people that have been built and bringing them back to the factory? what is this the end of the world? Were they built by aliens or something? Lol.. I don't think it's a quality issue.

Fortunately for me I don't care about my hybrid SE anymore..it's dated at arriving november 12th but i dont even check on it anymore now that i ordered a hybrid titanium. if this work shift is related to titanium hybrid production then I for one am happy to see they aren't pushing me back and are moving ahead on schedule...sucks for se hybrid buyers though as now there is an extra step in finalizing the car which may involve shipping it to Flat Rock before shipping it out to customers.

To me this doesn't make any sense. Why would they have to disrupt production to add a model that will not be a high volume model?

They are building all the models side by side now. What's so different about the hybrid titanium? It should be able to be built along with

the other models. Sorry Mr. Darky, but I don't think it's all about your "hybrid titanium". JMO based on nothing!

• Like 4