2013 Fusion Hood Release?!?

hightyde

I hate to ask such a basic question, but I have been scouring the owners manual for the last 4 hours, and there is not one single reference to how to pop the hood on the new Fusions??? I see the trunk release below the steering wheel.... but not one single button that I can see will pop the hood. Anyone wanna give me a helping hand here?

Haha, it's not really a stupid question. But, I have no idea! You sure the trunk release you're looking at isn't the hood ? The Trunk button should be to the left of the wheel beside the lights switch - I know some cars have them on the bottom of the steering column, and some down by the drivers kick panel... hrm hah

My apologies, the trunk release is next to the lights.... not under the steering wheel. However, I still have yet to find anything online, or in the owners manual about opening the hood.... should make getting a vehicle checkup fun when no one can get under the hood.

It isn't a dumb/basic question at all. On my first test drive, the salesman wanted to show me the engine bay of the Hybrid, and he couldn't figure out where the release was either!. I didn't look myself. Maybe tonight I can check it out when I order my car. So the fuel door doesn't have a lever to open it (you push the door and it pops open...wish it was locked when the doors are locked) and the hood release is a mystery. I have heard of being different but this is ridiculous LOL

On my TL, it is on the vertical panel to the left of the dead pedal.

Edited by lmp180psu

Page 239 of the Owner's Manual:

OPENING AND CLOSING THE HOOD

1. To open the hood, go inside the vehicle and pull the hood release handle located under the instrument panel.
  2. Go to the front of the vehicle and locate the secondary release lever, which is located under the front of the hood, to your right of the center of the vehicle (driver's side), toward the headlight.

Edited by kpeex