Election Predictions

Mitt Romney will win the 2012 Presidential election with a minimum of 302, or as much as 324 electoral votes.

The Balance of the US Senate will shift: 49 Republican to 51 Democrat seats.

The Balance of the US House of Representatives is still a safe majority for Republicans, though democrats are expected to pick up a few seats.

The GOP will expand it's majority of State governments, with North Carolina, New Hampshire, Montana voting out Democrat encumbents, for a total of 32 out of 50 states.

Since most objective analysts feel that Romney has harder road to winning White House than incumbent, I feel that after debate dust settles, Obama goes back to slight lead and wins rather easily electoral wise with popular vote being very close. Senate will remain Demo majority and House will remain Repub, but more Demos. Affordable Care Act will be fully implemented and economy will keep on expanding moderately in 2013 with greater growth in 2014 as housing keeps on improving. The rich will eventually pay a few more bucks, and by 2014 the feds will finallystop spending over 1 trillion more than they take in. It will be more like $800 million more and fall some more in 2015 and 2016 as Obama keeps us out of wars we have no business in.

• Like 2

Since most objective analysts feel that Romney has harder road to winning White House than incumbent, I feel that after debate dust settles, Obama goes back to slight lead and wins rather easily electoral wise with popular vote being very close. Senate will remain Demo majority and House will remain Repub, but more Demos. Affordable Care Act will be fully implemented and economy will keep on expanding moderately in 2013 with greater growth in 2014 as housing keeps on improving. The rich will eventually pay a few more bucks, and by 2014 the feds will finallystop spending over 1 trillion more than they take in. It will be more like $800 million more and fall some more in 2015 and 2016 as Obama keeps us out of wars we have no business in.

Assuming your predictions on the elections are correct, the rich will actually pay less money, as higher tax rates will impede investment. Furthermore, many of the rich will simply leave, paying no taxes to the US in foreign residence. The nonpartisan congressional budget office estimates that deficits will go up in 2014, specifically if the affordable care act is implemented. Even so, assuming the $800m deficits , the United States will default on it's own interest payments by 2025 and The Republic of Texas will secede. Edited by Versa-Tech

I predict Gary Johnson will not win, but would have been the best choice for America.

Win or lose he's got my vote..... sick of voteing for the same-o same-o and dem or repub their both the same.

Screw Obama and Screw Romnney ... where's Monica when you need her.

I predict Gary Johnson will not win, but would have been the best choice for America.

Jon Huntsman but that's neither here nor there now. Although i like Johnson's environmental attitude a lot. A guy who gets out runs, bikes, paddles and climbs rocks has a better sense of our impact on the enviroment than the other guys. He even got an article in Outdoors this year. The hot tub naked bit was a little different. Not many presidential primary candidates get into a hut tub in front of reporters naked.

• Like 2

9046_512759982070636_1521999507_n.jpg

My prediction is..... if Romney wins we're screwed.

For more than a century, the Tribune has been perceived as the left-leaning, non-Mormon — sometimes anti-Mormon — daily newspaper in a Democratic city in a Mormon-dominated state.

The Tribune has endorsed Republicans from time to time, but it also endorsed Obama in 2008.

You act like we should be shocked by this revelation....

Too close to call for me.

-If Obama is elected: Unless there is a significant change in congress, four more years of partisan republican opposition that drives the country into the ground. Four more years of whining ensues from the republican majority on this board.

-If Romney is elected: Unless there is a significant change in congress, four more years of partisan democratic opposition that drives the country into the ground as they take a page from the republican mantra "screw the country, get rid of the president at all costs" citing hallowed paradigms such as "What's good for the goose!". Four more years of whining ensues from the democratic minority on this board.

Regardless of who wins election:

-Country continues to go downhill as neither party learns anything about compromise.

-Debt increases, middle class continues to shrink to near serfdom levels

-Rest of the world continues to laugh at us as social issues are highlighted over a crumbling economy

-Certain countries begin to notice that the U.S. is a weaker nation because of a divided populace, and start to make plans.

-"Patriotic" Americans continue to forget that "United we stand, divided we fall" but continue to call anyone with different beliefs "MORANS!"

Da future.

-Texas secedes, keeps it's public lands and debt, and delivers all military, postal, and customs facilities and authority back to the US government. 82% of Texans (those that don't support secession) leave the former state. In 24 hours Mexico reclaims Texas (with American-purchased military equipment). As a result US oil economy stalls, forcing innovation in alternative energy areas that employ millions of people. Remaining white folks in Texas integrate with Mexican society as "minorities".

-Big bird caught smoking crack with a prostitute; gives the media "the bird" and is elected mayor of Washington D.C.

• Like 2

Romney for the win.

Hopefully some life long politicians get cleaned out of the senate.

2 terms max for president should apply for the house & senate as well then completely out of government.

So you think most reasonable, rational, educated Americans are happy with Tea Bagger efforts in Congress and their disinclination to compromise? I believe the House will stay Republican dominated, but less so after election. Senate will lose a few, but will remain Demo. Oddmakers in Vegas still give nod to Obama staying in White House. IMO, there will have to be some compromise in Congress even if it means kicking can down road since no party wants blame for putting nation in another recession since house seats come up every 2 years.

• Like 1

So you think most reasonable, rational, educated Americans are happy with Tea Bagger efforts in Congress and their disinclination to compromise? I believe the House will stay Republican dominated, but less so after election. Senate will lose a few, but will remain Demo. Oddmakers in Vegas still give nod to Obama staying in White House. IMO, there will have to be some compromise in Congress even if it means kicking can down road since no party wants blame for putting nation in another recession since house seats come up every 2 years.

Where in my statement of congressional seats did I mention any one specific party?

Red Foreman says it best....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85V1Xewv20k

Here is what the paper had to say:

67167_547577141934468_657532577_n.jpg

Again, it's a left-leaning, anti-Mormon paper. We're supposed to be surprised by this? Did anyone expect them to post anything different?

70% of Utah voters are in favor of Romney which means they don't give a rats ass what that newspaper has to say.

Edited by TomServo92

Again, it's a left-leaning, anti-Mormon paper. We're supposed to be surprised by this? Did anyone expect them to post anything different?

70% of Utah voters are in favor of Romney which means they don't give a rats ass what that newspaper has to say.

Then tell me why it is the largest circulated daily newspaper in Salt Lake City? Somebody is giving a rats ass. They said " Romney's domestic agenda remains bereft of detail and worthy of distrust." Pretty scathing commentary.

Ever wonder why the Romney/Ryan ticket is behind in both of the candidates home states?

Edited by partsisparts

Then tell me why it is the largest circulated daily newspaper in Salt Lake City? Somebody is giving a rats ass. They said " Romney's domestic agenda remains bereft of detail and worthy of distrust." Pretty scathing commentary.

Ever wonder why the Romney/Ryan ticket is behind in both of the candidates home states?

Salt Lake isn't the whole state. I'll repeat it one more time since you're so f-ing dense: IT'S A LEFT LEANING NEWSPAPER. SCATHING COMMENTARY IS EXPECTED! GOT IT, NUMB-NUTS?

Actually I think you're just desperate to grab onto something. It's OK. I understand. A downing man will grab at anything to keep from going under.

• Like 1