Custom Search

Welcome to Blue Oval Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Blue Oval Forums.  LIke most online communities, you must first please register to create topics and post replies.
Registration is a quick and easy process and only takes a minute.  Be apart of Blue Oval Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members. . .

Guest Message by DevFuse

Ford News Around the Web
Photo
- - - - -

Intelligent Access On 2013 Fusion Hybrid SE

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   DarkeRetribution

DarkeRetribution

Mind Sculptor

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 362 posts
  • Joined 19-March 12
  • Current Vehicle:Out of this world
  • Interests:Wouldn't you love to know..

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:17 PM

So everywhere I look I can not find Intelligent Access without "with Push Button Start" after it. Even the keyfob of the titanium and the rest of the fusions look different. I just wanted to know if Intelligent Access (the ability to open doors and the trunk just being near it with the key in the pocket) was included in the hybrid or maybe even gas SE even though they don't have push button start...but alas i could never get a definitive answer...until now.

For me i can live without push button start if I get intelligent access...well I found this on Fords website:

http://www.ford.com/.../hybrid/safety/

Scroll down to the Security tab and you will see "Intelligent access keyfob" standard. This isn't the first place I have seen "Intelligent access keyfob" when talking about the fusion hybrid. So my question now is...what is "Intelligent Access" to ford...if it's what i'm hoping then that means the titanium isnt the only vehicle that gets the feature of keeping the keyfob in your pocket or backpack and you can open the car. THAT WOULD BE AWESOME...but if "Intelligent Access" in that sence only applies to the fusion titanium with push button start...then what the hell does "Intelligent Access keyfob" mean?

If someone else knows any more information or can elaborate on this it would be great...to me it sounds pretty self-explanatory...the fusion hybrid and titanium both have intelligent access...however with all the images, photos, and only being able to find "intelligent access with push button start" everywhere I'm confused on what's a titanium only feature and what may be on other trims as well.

Posted Image

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   expresspotato

expresspotato

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 367 posts
  • Joined 07-October 12
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion SE Hybrid

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

For me I don't know how stupid Ford Motor Company could be without including push button start on a HYBRID CAR.... Uhhh duh me check the brain. 2003 and I mean yes 10 years ago the Prius had push button start as STANDARD. I find it more confusiong to have a key with ignition on a hybrid car!

I will let you know once mine arrives (ETA is currently October 29th - but since my last update it has yet to ship).

Edited by expresspotato, 18 October 2012 - 05:32 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   jsellar

jsellar

Department of Redundancy Department

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 83 posts
  • Joined 18-October 12
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:46 PM

Very interested! I was told that the intelligent access was only available on the Titanium. So.. theoretically, we'd have to wait for the Hybrid Titanium to get this feature? Doesn't make sense, when damn near every other option is available as just that... an option!

2013 Fusion Hybrid Titanium 
Bordeaux Reserve Red

• Moonroof
  • Active Park Assist
  • Adaptive Cruise
  • Navigation System
  • Driver Assist Package

Ordered 10/29/12
VIN recvd: 2/28/13

VIN: 3FA6P0RU9DR282291

Scheduled build week: 3/25/13
Actual Build Date: 3/26/13
Delivery: 4/25/13

#4 OFFLINE   timf

timf

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 390 posts
  • Joined 19-January 12
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
  • Interests:Hybrid & Electric Cars

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:50 PM

There's already been a long debate over how intelligent access should be standard, but in this case it appears to be incorrectly used terminology. The proper name for the key on the S and SE models is Integrated Keyhead Transmitter. True intelligent access is only available in tandem with push-button start. If you want it on the Fusion, you need to get the Titanium model or wait for the Titanium Hybrid. I agree it's a mistake not to include it on the SE Hybrid, but it wasn't available on previous Fusion and Escape Hybrids at all.

#5 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

fordmantpw's alter ego

• Blue Oval Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,996 posts
  • Joined 18-April 06
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Ti (Ruby Red)

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:52 PM

I agree it's a mistake not to put it on the SE Hybrid, but it's not there.

If you change from looking at one model to compare all 4 models you'll see that "Intelligent Access Keyfob" is shown as Standard on ALL models including the S.

The SE Hybrid does not get intelligent access or push button start - it's a misprint.

#6 OFFLINE   DarkeRetribution

DarkeRetribution

Mind Sculptor

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 362 posts
  • Joined 19-March 12
  • Current Vehicle:Out of this world
  • Interests:Wouldn't you love to know..

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:27 PM

Lame

Posted Image