Global warming stopped 16 years ago

Get ready for another huge FAIL for LH. This a quote from an NBC News interview with Lovelock:

So what he's saying is all that peer-reviewed "science" is completely wrong and they really have no idea what is going with the climate.
If Mueller changed his mind then he's as much of a fool as you are for believing the MMGW charlatans.

I think you wanted to read further..... because it looks funny that the man your championing as the reason us believers are wrong is still a believer. And he's saying that he's not sure what the earth is capable of handling, not that it isn't happening.

Huge fucking fail for you, dude. Huge.

Asked if he was now a climate skeptic, Lovelock told msnbc.com: “It depends what you mean by a skeptic. I’m not a denier.”

He said human-caused carbon dioxide emissions were driving an increase in the global temperature, but added that the effect of the oceans was not well enough understood and could have a key role.
“It (the sea) could make all the difference between a hot age and an ice age,” he said.
He said he still thought that climate change was happening, but that its effects would be felt farther in the future than he previously thought.
“We will have global warming, but it’s been deferred a bit,” Lovelock said.

So not only does Mueller now believe, but Lovelock still believes in man made climate change. At what point are you going to show us believers we are wrong? I'm enjoying where you show me how Lovelock still believes in moderate human forcing, which is exactly what i believe in. Thanks for reinforcing my views while utterly annihilating your own. Perfect.

I think you wanted to read further..... because it looks funny that the man your championing as the reason us believers are wrong is still a believer. And he's saying that he's not sure what the earth is capable of handling, not that it isn't happening.

Huge fucking fail for you, dude. Huge.

So not only does Mueller now believe, but Lovelock still believes in man made climate change. At what point are you going to show us believers we are wrong? I'm enjoying where you show me how Lovelock still believes in moderate human forcing, which is exactly what i believe in. Thanks for reinforcing my views while utterly annihilating your own. Perfect.

Just face it. He admitted he was wrong, he doesn't know what the climate is doing and he doesn't think anyone else does either. Yet he's still a believer. So what? It might have some value if he had any credibility left. You can't spin that no matter how hard you try.

As for Mueller, his "conversion "was anything but. He never was a MMGW skeptic. This is what he wrote in 2004, prior to his conversion:

If you are concerned about global warming (as I am) and think that human-created carbon dioxide may contribute (as I do), then you still should agree that we are much better off having broken the hockey stick. Misinformation can do real harm, because it distorts predictions. Suppose, for example, that future measurements in the years 2005-2015 show a clear and distinct global cooling trend (It could happen). If we mistakenly took the hockey stick seriously–that is, if we believed that natural fluctuations in climate are small–then we might conclude (mistakenly) that the cooling could not be just a random fluctuation on top of a long-term warming trend, since according to the hockey stick, such fluctuations are negligible. And that might lead in turn to the mistaken conclusion that global warming predictions are a lot of hooey. If, on the other hand, we reject the hockey stick, and recognize that natural fluctuations can be large, then we will not be misled by a few years of random cooling. A phony hockey stick is more dangerous than a broken one–if we know it is broken. It is our responsibility as scientists to look at the data in an unbiased way, and draw whatever conclusions follow. When we discover a mistake, we admit it, learn from it, and perhaps discover once again the value of caution.

No points for you on that one!

The fail is yours, my friend, not mine.

Edited by TomServo92

Why HAS global warming slowed? Scientists admit they don't know why - but are '95% sure' humans are to blame for climate change

An intergovernmental study claims scientists are 95 per cent sure that humans are to blame for climate change
Scientists believe volcanic ash and more heat being absorbed by oceans could explain why global warming seems to have decelerated in recent times
Governments will use the final report to work out how to invest in renewable energy and protect coastal regions from flooding

(Read with an incredulous sarcastic voice)

"Can you imagine that? Volcanic ash has done more to stop global warming than man has in "recent times". Well, glory be. All we need to do is learn to make volcanoes produce more ash. Much cheaper than putting coal power and the auto industry out-of business. And easier, I'm sure. Just put some of those fracking machines next to a volcano and let'er rip."

Perhaps those "scientists" have a career motivated self-interest in perpetuating the scam. And refuse to apply the variations on the nature of the planet, as a whole. Does anyone, besides the creationists, deny the Earth has VASTLY changed over the millennial history of the universe? Earthquakes, meteors, hurricanes, tornadoes and volcanoes have affected the environment magnitudes greater than man could ever attempt to.

And just who is to decide the proper temperature we are supposed to be setting Earths thermostat at? Al Gore?

And watch nature laugh at you when you try.

Edited by FiredMotorCompany

• 2 weeks later...

Now, failed presidential candidate and newly appointed US Ambassador John Ketchup Kerry is assuming the role of Global Warming Spokesman, possibly because Al gore is too busy jetting around the world accepting massive appearance and speaking fees on behalf of mother Earth.

So, let's play a game.

IF, mankind has played a part in causing global warming, which used to be global cooling 30 years ago, that presupposes that man can do anything to change the path of that change.

So, do we trust those scientific communities, who flip-flopped on a 30 year cycle to be right and NOT overshoot their goal if the trends are longer term than their own convictions?

And exactly what is the right temperature we are supposed to be shooting for. Or are we only interested in enacting global cooling to reverse global warming and ignore the range of temperatures the Earth has averaged in various millennia?

If you don't drive your low mpg gas guzzling behemoth and produce more "global warming" you could be contributing to Atlantic Coast hurricane damage such as Sandy.

And we thought the scientific debate on Oat Bran vs. No Oat Bran and Coffee vs. No Coffee cancer risks were confusing.

Perhaps scientists aren't quite so good at making up their minds when they warn us about things they are predicting.

Scientists: Climate Change May Offer Hurricane Help

Climate change might alter atmospheric conditions so that future hurricanes may be pushed away from the East Coast, according to a study published Monday by the Proceedings of the National Academy of Science.

The warming caused by greenhouse gases—thought to be the result of human activities such as burning fossil fuels—could redirect atmospheric winds that steer hurricanes.

By the next century, the study's authors report, atmospheric winds over the Atlantic could blow more directly from west to east during hurricane season, pushing storms away from the United States.

Global Warming?

You can't prove it by reports from Alaska.

Record Cold in the Northern Interior

Bettles_Aug_31_2013.jpg

Update: Brian has a helpful post on the very warm summer at Anchorage and Fairbanks.

A cold airmass and clear skies allowed for temperatures to plunge to record low levels in the northern Interior.

Most notably, Bettles recorded a low of 15ºF Saturday morning. This is by far the lowest temperature of record at Bettles in August. The previous record at the Bettles in August was 22ºF on August 30, 1969. At old Bettles, about four miles downriver from the current townsite, a low of 20ºF was measured on August 24, 1948.

Other low temperatures included 17ºF at both Chandalar DOT and Coldfoot DOT and a chilly 13F at the Norutak Lake RAWS west of Bettles. These are close to, but not at the record low temperature for the month of August in the state.

Clear skies contribute to surface cooling.

Guess we're getting low on smog. Fire up those lawn mowers, 1960's gas guzzlers, coal fired generation plants.....

• 3 months later...

Who remembers the 2007-2009 chants from Al Gore predicting the North Pole could be "Ice Free" in five years.

Not much from him lately, huh?

And continuing revelations that Climate Change stopped a decade ago. And don't forget the original concern was "Global Cooling" in the 1970s.

Isn't it intriguing to read the TOP-PAID EPA GLOBAL WARMING EXPERT spent a decade claiming to be a CIA agent, allegedly got malaria in Viet Nam, spent $100's of thousands on travel and accommodations, was sent on missions to Afghanistan, and gave countless other reasons he couldn't be in the office to do his job.

How many other EPA officials, the strong arm of the Obama Administration, second only to HHS Administrator Katherine Sibelius, are in positions of power with similarly bizarre inclinations, and willing to say/do/develop/sign/approve anything they must to continue their scam?

If it wasn't related to a federal agency, it would be too wild to believe.

Hey, if the government tells us the globe is warming, we're going to believe them or be branded "idiots", aren't we? We shouldn't question our government experts. They "are from the government and here to help".

Climate change expert's fraud was 'crime of massive proportion,' say feds

The EPA’s highest-paid employee and a leading expert on climate change deserves to go to prison for at least 30 months for lying to his bosses and saying he was a CIA spy working in Pakistan so he could avoid doing his real job, say federal prosecutors.

John C. Beale, who pled guilty in September to bilking the government out of nearly $1 million in salary and other benefits over a decade, will be sentenced in a Washington, D.C., federal court on Wednesday. In a newly filed sentencing memo, prosecutors said that his lies were a "crime of massive proportion" that were “offensive” to those who actually do dangerous work for the CIA.

Beale’s lawyer, while acknowledging his guilt, has asked for leniency and offered a psychological explanation for the climate expert’s bizarre tales.

“With the help of his therapist,” wrote attorney John Kern, “Mr. Beale has come to recognize that, beyond the motive of greed, his theft and deception were animated by a highly self-destructive and dysfunctional need to engage in excessively reckless, risky behavior.” Kern also said Beale was driven “to manipulate those around him through the fabrication of grandiose narratives … that are fueled by his insecurities.”

The two sentencing memos, along with documents obtained by NBC News, offer new details about what some officials describe as one of the most audacious, and creative, federal frauds they have ever encountered.

When he first began looking into Beale’s deceptions last February, “I thought, ‘Oh my God, How could this possibly have happened in this agency?” said EPA Assistant Inspector General Patrick Sullivan, who spearheaded the Beale probe, in an interview with NBC News. “I’ve worked for the government for 35 years. I’ve never seen a situation like this.”

Beyond Beale’s individual fate, his case raises larger questions about how he was able to get away with his admitted fraud for so long, according to federal and congressional investigators. Two new reports by the EPA inspector general’s office conclude that top officials at the agency “enabled” Beale by failing to verify any of his phony cover stories about CIA work, and failing to check on hundreds of thousands of dollars paid him in undeserved bonuses and travel expenses -- including first-class trips to London where he stayed at five-star hotels and racked up thousands in bills for limos and taxis.

Until he retired in April after learning he was under federal investigation, Beale, an NYU grad with a masters from Princeton, was earning a salary and bonuses of $206,000 a year, making him the highest paid official at the EPA. He earned more money than Gina McCarthy, the agency’s administrator and, for years, his immediate boss, according to agency documents.

In September, Beale, who served as a “senior policy adviser” in the agency’s Office of Air and Radiation, pled guilty to defrauding the U.S. government out of nearly $900,000 since 2000. Beale perpetrated his fraud largely by failing to show up at the EPA for months at a time, including one 18-month stretch starting in June 2011 when he did “absolutely no work,” as Kern, Beale’s lawyer, acknowledged in his court filing.

To explain his long absences, Beale told agency officials -- including McCarthy -- that he was engaged in intelligence work for the CIA, either at agency headquarters or in Pakistan. At one point he claimed to be urgently needed in Pakistan because the Taliban was torturing his CIA replacement, according to Sullivan.

“Due to recent events that you have probably read about, I am in Pakistan,” he wrote McCarthy in a Dec. 18, 2010 email. “Got the call Thurs and left Fri. Hope to be back for Christmas ….Ho, ho, ho.”

In fact, Beale had no relationship with the CIA at all. Sullivan, the EPA investigator, said he confirmed Beale didn’t even have a security clearance. He spent much of the time he was purportedly working for the CIA at his Northern Virginia home riding bikes, doing housework and reading books, or at a vacation house on Cape Cod.

“He’s never been to Langley (the CIA’s Virginia headquarters),” said Sullivan. “The CIA has no record of him ever walking through the door.”

Nor was that Beale’s only deception, according to court documents. In 2008, Beale didn’t show up at the EPA for six months, telling his boss that he was part of a special multi-agency election-year project relating to “candidate security.” He billed the government $57,000 for five trips to California that were made purely “for personal reasons,” his lawyer acknowledged. (His parents lived there.) He also claimed to be suffering from malaria that he got while serving in Vietnam. According to his lawyer’s filing, he didn’t have malaria and never served in Vietnam. He told the story to EPA officials so he could get special handicap parking at a garage near EPA headquarters.

How about new Data revealed in todays front page of USA Today Newspaper, dated Dec 18, 2013. Ocean sea level is rising quicker then anticipated in many Coastal areas along the Eastern Seaboard. The Navy and the Military are preparing to make plans to eventually leave the Norfolk, VA area and Shipyard because of constant increase in area flooding. I know, lies and more damn lies. What can you believe if you read it in USA Today, another Liberal biased Rag. The only 3 certainty`s you can trust is God, Fox News, and The Wall Street Journal, right? Yeah, Very Right! Now go Christmas shopping for (your) Tin Foil Hat and Gift Wrap it and ship it to The Department of The Navy, The Pentagon, or The Department of War. Science never proves anything and the World is still Flat.

How about new Data revealed in todays front page of USA Today Newspaper, dated Dec 18, 2013. Ocean sea level is rising quicker then anticipated in many Coastal areas along the Eastern Seaboard. The Navy and the Military are preparing to make plans to eventually leave the Norfolk, VA area and Shipyard because of constant increase in area flooding. I know, lies and more damn lies. What can you believe if you read it in USA Today, another Liberal biased Rag. The only 3 certainty`s you can trust is God, Fox News, and The Wall Street Journal, right? Yeah, Very Right! Now go Christmas shopping for (your) Tin Foil Hat and Gift Wrap it and ship it to The Department of The Navy, The Pentagon, or The Department of War. Science never proves anything and the World is still Flat.

Did you actually read the article? The title is sea level rise causes flooding. Never mind the increased rainfall to go along with the same problem that plagues all cities where you add buildings, pavement and concreate which are impervious to water and reduce the ability of the ground to absorb rainfall. And the fact that the entire city is already at sea level and is now SINKING. It's obvious to anyone with a brain that a few inch rise in sea level is not going to cause that type of flooding. It's nothing but sensationalist misleading headlines that as usual don't tell the real story.

Hype...nothing more

Ocean sea level is rising quicker then anticipated in many Coastal areas along the Eastern Seaboard.

The key word in your statement is "anticipated".

That begs the question of what was used to make the "anticipated" value?

And when comparing previous levels historically, you must verify those readings are comparable and measured similarly.

Tell us something that hasn't happened before.

Throughout most of its history, Florida has been under water. Portions of the Florida peninsula have been above or below sea level at least four times. As glaciers of ice in the north expanded and melted, the Florida peninsula emerged and submerged.

When the sea level was lowest, the land area of Florida was much larger than it is now. The sea level was as much as 100 feet lower than at present. Florida�s west coastline was probably 100 miles further out. As the climate warmed, the glaciers melted. This raised the sea level and flooded the Florida peninsula. The sea level stood at least 100 to 150 feet above the present level. Florida probably consisted of islands.

http://fcit.usf.edu/florida/lessons/land/land.htm

Edited by fmccap

Why do you guys dismiss that in the Earths life these things are normal?

I don't dismiss that cyclic trends exist, however I am convinced that we do alter the nature of our planet to a large extent over time. As such I find it prudent that we start trying to mitigate that. I believe in human forcing and that we can increase or aggravate the situation. That's why I posted that not every true believer in MMGW is a doomsday prophet such as Al Gore is. I don't know when the tipping point is, when the sea ice n the Arctic will melt but I'm thinking that we need make changes now and hopefully not find that point. .

Did you actually read the article? The title is sea level rise causes flooding. Never mind the increased rainfall to go along with the same problem that plagues all cities where you add buildings, pavement and concreate which are impervious to water and reduce the ability of the ground to absorb rainfall. And the fact that the entire city is already at sea level and is now SINKING. It's obvious to anyone with a brain that a few inch rise in sea level is not going to cause that type of flooding. It's nothing but sensationalist misleading headlines that as usual don't tell the real story.

Did you really just suggest that localized rainfall can impact tidal flooding? :headscratch:

Did you really just suggest that localized rainfall can impact tidal flooding? :headscratch:

Not tidal flooding but flooding in other parts of the city. The tidal flooding is also due to the land sinking. I can't see where a 6-8 inch rise in sea level would cause that type of flooding all by itself without other factors.

Not tidal flooding but flooding in other parts of the city. The tidal flooding is also due to the land sinking. I can't see where a 6-8 inch rise in sea level would cause that type of flooding all by itself without other factors.

Depends where you live. 6-8 inches above current levels would entirely submerge Dock Street in Annapolis during high tide every day. There's a lot more threats from it than higher tides as well. Our oceans (you know, where we get most of our oxygen) are dying. That could be a small problem at some point.

Hey all, quit giving the man made climate change alarmists a hard time, will you! You have to understand a few things here----------> 1. More than likely, they were taught this theory. 2. More than likely, they were taught this in college or university. 3. More than likely, they paid through the nose to go college or university.

4. If you paid 30, 40, 50, or 100,000 dollars for a Yugo, you would probably claim it was great, wonderful, right, correct, and the best there ever was to as a vintage Pinto drove by you on the highway.

Just remember what many progressives in government have said up front--------->NEVER let a crisis go to waste.

Let us all realize that if they can create a crisis, that makes it even better as they can mold it towards any excuse/blame they want, getting the desired result they really wish.

So let me ask all of you; as of this upcoming year, (2014) what should we be worried about? A. Deficits? B. Obysmalcare wrecking your insurance? C. Iran getting a nuclear weapon? d. Man made global warming!

Now you know why progressives want to engage your time about d; because they don't want to touch with a ten foot pole, a, b, or c-)