'13 Fusion Hybrid tire size

scott029

Does anyone know the tire size that comes on the standard 17" Hybrid wheels?

I have seen it as both 225/50/17 and 235/50/17 on Fords website. Tire Rack has

it listed as 235 but my gut feeling is that it is probably the 225's. Anyone know for

sure? I'm looking at getting winter tires & wheels before my car is delivered. Thanks

Does anyone know the tire size that comes on the standard 17" Hybrid wheels?

I have seen it as both 225/50/17 and 235/50/17 on Fords website. Tire Rack has

it listed as 235 but my gut feeling is that it is probably the 225's. Anyone know for

sure? I'm looking at getting winter tires & wheels before my car is delivered. Thanks

16's might be cheaper. You don't have to get the exact same size tire as the OEM tire - either of those sizes will work for winter tires but 225 would probably be better.

Excellent question, scott029. Based on this photo of a production 2013 Fusion Hybrid SE at Ford of Kirkland (Kirkland, Washington), the standard OE tire for the hybrid model is Michelin Energy Saver AS, size 225/50R17 93V. The non-hybrid Fusion is also equipped with Michelin Energy Saver AS tires when 17" wheels are specified, but the size is 235/50R17 96H.

04.jpg

Edited by aneekr

Thank you JSKershaw for the list! I'll combine the sizes you provided with OE tire brand information. :)

Fusion S - 215/60R16 95H Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max

Fusion SE - 235/50R17 96H Michelin Energy Saver AS

SE upgrade - 235/45R18 94V Goodyear Eagle LS2

Hybrid - 225/50R17 93V Michelin Energy Saver AS

Hybrid upgrade - 235/45R18 94V Goodyear Eagle LS2

Titanium - 235/45R18 94V Goodyear Eagle LS2

Titanium upgrade - 235/40R19 96V Continental ContiProContact

Do we know any information on bolt pattern/wheel offset/bore size? Reason I ask is according to alloyguide.com, the previous gen of the Mondeo (which the new Fusion is now in the same family, correct?) is listed as having 5x108 bolt pattern, 35-45 offset and a bore size of 63.4 mm. That puts it almost identical the Lincoln LS of 5x108 bolt pattern, 45 offset and 63.6 bore. I actually have a 1 year old set of altimax arctics on the 16 in rims for my LS right now. Would be amazing if I could just keep those and use for my winter set. I could care less if it has a Lincoln badge on the rims. And I don't believe .2mm difference in bore will be an issue (will it?). The only thing I may need to get is some TPMS so I don't get that warning light.

Am I wrong for thinking that would work, as long as those wheel specs for the Fusion are the same as last gen Mondeo's?

Edited by jinx8402

I have seen 5 x 114.3mm bolt pattern on a few aftermarket websites (Rimsntires etc.). That is what I ordered

so hopefully that is the size. I will run to the local dealer tomorrow with my metric ruler & find out for sure.

I did just notice Tire Rack doesn't have it listed yet. The sites are showing 40 to 45 offset.

Edited by scott029

I just measured a '13 Fusion SE and the wheel bolt pattern is 5 x 108mm. I just cancelled my wheel order

and I think I'll wait til the aftermarket manufacturer has the hub measurements so I get the correct

centering rings.

Edited by scott029
  • Like 1

I just measured a '13 Fusion SE and the wheel bolt pattern is 5 x 108mm. I just cancelled my wheel order

and I think I'll wait til the aftermarket manufacturer has the hub measurements so I get the correct

centering rings.

That's good to know. I'm looking at getting a set of snow tires for my new ride. This is useful to know when ordering the rims.

Thanks!

Wow after reviewing my invoice because i'm trying to get the best possible price for mine..looks like I ordered the 18' premium painted hybrid wheels in August...i thought i was getting the stock 17' ones xD ...and here i was saying i would never get them because they were ugly...oh well not changing them now..THEY ARE ACTUALLY NOT THAT BAD NOW THAT I LOOK AT THEM AGAIN...much better quality tires too..

Edited by DarkeRetribution

• 3 weeks later...

Actually the Michelin Energy Saver AS (on the 17" wheels) is a much better tire than

the Goodyear Eagle LS2 (on the 18" wheels). Check out Tire Racks surveys.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Eagle+LS-2

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Energy+Saver+A%2FS

No comparison! Besides beating the Goodyear in every catagory, the Michelin is a Low rolling resistance tire,

the Goodyear is not.

• 1 year later...

I ordered 215/55/17 Winter tires (Bridgestone Blizzak) for my 13' Fusion Hybrid (stock 18" wheels). They seem to work great but no snow yet. The are exactly the same diameter as the stock 18" wheels. I actually seem to be getting better MPG also ... which is odd

Edited by nmadole

I ordered a 225-55-17 Blizzak tire and wheel package for my 2013 FFH from Tire Rack. I haven't put them on yet. I would expect a little different handling as the snow tires are a softer compound and they don't "firm up" until the temps drop to about 40 degrees or so.

Whew, glad that I'm not the only one going that size. Never had winter tires before therefore never downsized, so was a little nervous on that. Tire Rack wanted to put me on 225/55/17 which would have been a little bit bigger in diameter, I wanted to be as close as I could so went the 215 instead. Haven't put them on yet either, waiting till the temp drop a little more.

• 3 weeks later...