Buyout Employees for re-hire?

Jay22

X Nap...I want you to know you are dealing with a kid who worked like 4 years....maybe more ...maybe less...it really doesn't matter... and took advantage of a situation offered by Ford to reduce employment numbers....he wasn't in the plant very long....he's just a kid...I think he did the right thing leaving Ford...but I don't get the incessant talking about his non-Ford situation on this forum.

I figured it was a kid. Probably living at home and posting from the basement. It was entertaining, as I enjoy a battle of wit. Not much fun with an unarmed person. It is becoming boring. Got a lot out of him; that engineer thing pissed him off. The last post was so boring I didn't finish reading it.

When I used the term kid...I don't want you to think that Furious is living at home or anything like that....he is just young....I believe he is responsible and trying hard to better himself....I believe he is impressed with his taking the chance and leaving Ford to move on to other things....there are a lot of opportunities out there....

Correct, but I am nearly 40 years old. It paid off, but not as quickly as I had planned. I almost ran out of money before it worked out. the automakers struggle in '08 caused a huge lul in our industry not hitting till '09 when I left Ford. If things had work the way I had planned I would still have had over 40K in the bank when this career took off. I only know of 3 of us who left my plant that found success after leaving. Many are deeply regretting their decision. I feel for them if they worked hard to replace their income, but if they sat at home buying from HSN instead of reinvesting in their future they really have no one else to blame but their self.

Edited by Furious1Auto

Why is Furious even allowed to post in this section? He is not an active employee, nor is he a ford retiree, as this section is clearly reserved for only those that meet that criteria. He does NOT qualify!

From the top of the Employee sections..

Ford Employee Forum

Notices Ford Employees Only!

This forum is for active and retired Ford employees only! Non-Ford employees must use the other forums. Failure to comply will result in account suspension.

Someone please adhere to these rules, and suspend the account of this NON-FORD EMPLOYEE

Edited by trailfndr

Why is Furious even allowed to post in this section? He is not an active employee, nor is he a ford retiree, as this section is clearly reserved for only those that meet that criteria. He does NOT qualify!

From the top of the Employee sections..

Ford Employee Forum

Notices Ford Employees Only!

This forum is for active and retired Ford employees only! Non-Ford employees must use the other forums. Failure to comply will result in account suspension.

Someone please adhere to these rules, and suspend the account of this NON-FORD EMPLOYEE

Because Furious is a pension eligible retiree, and if you remove him then all retirees who have accepted early offers by the company also may face the same action. I have documentation from corporate advising me of my eligibility. If it is questioned by a moderator I will respond appropriately, and any action on my account will be corrected. Ford is welcome to buy out my pension liabilities, and in that case you would never read another post by me again if I accept their offer. Till then, if you don't like it, tough shit. Don't read it if you don't like it.

Edited by Furious1Auto

I have always wondered if you really have any pension benefits from Ford....why would Ford give you money to leave the company and then owe you a pension benefit of any size...what was the buyout for...what did the company get for their buyout payment....not saying you don't get a small payment...never looked at anything but my own options...I was under the assumption that you low seniority people got a buyout and they were no longer a liability to the company...maybe I'm wrong...

Wrong, federal law dictates guidelines for funding, and revocation of eligibility. I signed away a job that paid $28 an hour, so the company could replace me with a person that made half and gave them a huge residual savings. Even companies/unions who have discontinued defined pension plans and replaced them with defined contribution plans (401K) still owe members, and employees who were vested in their previous program. The most they can do is freeze any further contributions, and no longer allow new members/employees to participate.

If Ford had attempted to include pension liabilities as part of the package, then they would not have gotten the numbers they wanted. It took several rounds to accomplish their goals as it is. I also receive A/X plan discounts too. I just got a fellow engineer to trade his Toyota for an F-Series, and my brother got A-plan on his Explorer.

Edited by Furious1Auto

The government isn't involved when it comes to you signing a buyout with your company...If in your paperwork you gave up your rights to a vested benefit...your example(defined benefit/401k) has no bearing on this question...

Correct, it can only be taken with a signed written consent which I did not give. Or by relief under a court order due to bankruptcy proceedings, which they are not filing. Pension liabilities were not part of the buyout agreement. Since this is the case it cannot be taken without opening their selves up to a potential litigation. I do have money to pursue the civil end, and there are also regulatory penalties, but that will not happen so I am not concerned. It is for sale though if the offer is good enough. The mention of defined contribution plan (401K) is to demonstrate the alternative, and what happens when a company/union switches vested members/employees from one retirement plan to the other. It is completely relevant.

Once again I have received paperwork from NESC explaining my earned benefit, and eligibility age.

Edited by Furious1Auto

Correct, it can only be taken with a signed written consent which I did not give. Or by relief under a court order due to bankruptcy proceedings, which they are not filing. Pension liabilities were not part of the buyout agreement. Since this is the case it cannot be taken without opening their selves up to a potential litigation. I do have money to pursue the civil end, and there are also regulatory penalties, but that will not happen so I am not concerned. It is for sale though if the offer is good enough. The mention of defined contribution plan (401K) is to demonstrate the alternative, and what happens when a company/union switches vested members/employees from one retirement plan to the other. It is completely relevant.

Once again I have received paperwork from NESC explaining my earned benefit, and eligibility age.

In the past when we have discussed this you wrote that you didn't know what you were entitled to...the amount...now you say you have paperwork....hmmmm

In the past when we have discussed this you wrote that you didn't know what you were entitled to...the amount...now you say you have paperwork....hmmmm

Now your making things up. Find the post that doesn't exists, where I made that statement, or make a complaint to a moderator and we can settle the matter. Either your memory is weak, or you think I'm bluffing. Lets get on with it. Either direction you decide to go, I will continue posting because I am entitled to.

Edited by Furious1Auto

I couldn't care less if you post....I never wrote one word about that....you're not really Furious are you? He's gonna be real mad at you when he finds out ...the Furious I knew ...knows how to read and debate....he's gonna be mad....all I asked was if you get a pension....come on man

• 3 months later...

Because Furious is a pension eligible retiree, and if you remove him then all retirees who have accepted early offers by the company also may face the same action. I have documentation from corporate advising me of my eligibility. If it is questioned by a moderator I will respond appropriately, and any action on my account will be corrected. Ford is welcome to buy out my pension liabilities, and in that case you would never read another post by me again if I accept their offer. Till then, if you don't like it, tough shit. Don't read it if you don't like it.

Furious is spot on...although he may not receive said pension until retirement age eligible...he is still correct no matter if he only had 5 years vested. Now him and I have had many spirited discussions and have had to agree to disagree...but I'm with him on this one! ...carry on...as you were...LOLOLOLOL!