Buyout Employees for re-hire?

Jay22

I am far from a Millwright. However I do perform Millwright work on conveyor systems, in addition to installing, and servicing 3 Phase Generators, buses & loads, Hydraulic, Pneumatic, Fire Service, Refrigeration, Steam, HVAC, and ballast systems. Yeah, a little more then sit at a desk, or drawing board. I also manage the people that work in my department.

Edited by Furious1Auto

I am far from a Millwright. However I do perform Millwright work on conveyor systems, in addition to installing, and servicing 3 Phase Generators, buses & loads, Hydraulic, Pneumatic, Fire Service, Refrigeration, Steam, HVAC, and ballast systems. Yeah, a little more then sit at a desk, or drawing board.

So you work for an employer who won't hire professionals in their trade, lay you off a few months a year to live off of the government, and keep you from your family for extended periods when you do work...and you want to come on here and brag about your choices? Come on man

I am far from a Millwright. However I do perform Millwright work on conveyor systems, in addition to installing, and servicing 3 Phase Generators, buses & loads, Hydraulic, Pneumatic, Fire Service, Refrigeration, Steam, HVAC, and ballast systems. Yeah, a little more then sit at a desk, or drawing board. I also manage the people that work in my department.

All systems designed by engineers. You could thank one for your new profession.

It's a seasonal layup due to weather, I could liken it to Ford Laying off for weeks at a time for tooling, and Christmas, or even scheduled down weeks due to lack of demand or parts issues. I also could make the same assertions about the quality of people Ford hires from college. All brains, and no common sense. How about mass layoffs with autoworkers on the government rolls. Yeah, come on with your next failed attempt to show your brilliance, I got that covered too.

It's a seasonal layup due to weather, I could liken it to Ford Laying off for weeks at a time for tooling, and Christmas, or even scheduled down weeks due to lack of demand or parts issues. I also could make the same assertions about the quality of people Ford hires from college. All brains, and no common sense. How about mass layoffs with autoworkers on the government rolls. Yeah, come on with your next failed attempt to show your brilliance, I got that covered too.

I worked the last 22 years of my service with Ford without one unemployment claim...your analogy doesn't work here....any downtime was paid to me by my employer...not OUR government

Edited by longball

My unemployment is elective. I continually go to school during this time. I could do winter work, or ship keep. However continued education is more valuable then the money I lose during these periods. Yes, I am barging, Maybe one day you will work under me. The whole point of this thread is that Ford is not hiring separated production workers back. One of you smart asses took a poke at me, and I bitch slapped 'em :slap: with reality. Hate all you want while I and riding by in my bad ass whip.

You'll be turning your head till you figure out it's me, then mumble some snide remark under your breath. :peelout:

Edited by Furious1Auto

My unemployment is elective. I continually go to school during this time. I could do winter work, or ship keep. However continued education is more valuable then the money I lose during these periods. Yes, I am barging, Maybe one day you will work under me. The whole point of this thread is that Ford is not hiring separated production workers back. One of you smart asses took a poke at me, and I bitch slapped 'em :slap: with reality. Hate all you want while I and riding by in my bad ass whip.

You'll be turning your head till you figure out it's me, then mumble some snide remark under your breath. :peelout:

The fact that you choose to live off the dole makes your choice even more embarrassing for you....what you do during your voluntary "money for nothing" time is inconsequential to the rest of us taxpayers...the rest of your post makes no sense to me...I don't know what you are trying to say

Your employer pays for unemployment insurance...if he was paying for your full unemployment benefit he wouldn't need the government to be involved at all...come on man....now name calling...you should be ashamed of yourself for comparing your situation to anyone who is receiving their well earned SS benefit....you're really in an indefensible position here.....It works for you....but it is something you should have kept to yourself....

:~)

You should be ashamed. Ashamed for entertaining the idea that anyone other then you values your opinion with as much assteam as you do. Fact is your are less qualified longballess.& oatmeal wright. Name calling is what I am good at, and I Sorry if I struck a nerve.

Edited by Furious1Auto

:~)

You should be ashamed. Ashamed for entertaining the idea that anyone other then you values your opinion with as much assteam as you do. Fact is your are less qualified longballess.& oatmeal wright. Name calling is what I am good at, and I Sorry if I struck a nerve.

Esteem not assteam.

, and I'm sorry if I struck a nerve. Not I sorry if I struck a nerve.

I gave you plenty of time on those two. Maybe you should stay on the boat. This education thing does not seem to be working out for you. You should ask for a refund.

So you work for an employer who won't hire professionals in their trade, lay you off a few months a year to live off of the government, and keep you from your family for extended periods when you do work...and you want to come on here and brag about your choices? Come on man
....Well said, sounds like a job I wouldn't want.

Furious One, you should include a sixth grade remedial spelling class during your "voluntary down time" if you really want to impress people in a forum. You mispell the same words repeatedly so it can't just be a typing mistake. I'm not telling you what they are, you'll have to go back and try to find them. Anyone who would spend such a large amount of time trying to convince others how happy and educated they are in a new career demonstrates insecurity and a lack of contentment often found when one makes a poor life decision. Those who are content don't spend time telling others how "happy" they are. They usually find more important things to do.

I honestly hope that things continue to get better for you.

Edited by Hard Driver

Esteem not assteam.

I gave you plenty of time on those two. Maybe you should stay on the boat. This education thing does not seem to be working out for you. You should ask for a refund.

The typos in this post were intentional, and suggestive, smart guy! This is some sort of gay tag team, but neither of you are submitting. You must enjoy the punishment. That's good, cause I am enjoying delivering it :~)

The typos in this post were intentional, and suggestive, smart guy! This is some sort of gay tag team, but neither of you are submitting. You must enjoy the punishment. That's good, cause I am enjoying delivering it :~)

I don't know what you are "delivering" except calling a couple of men a few names....why don't you just let the thread die....this one is really not going well for you...

Hey, if you want to admit defeat and bow out that would be well understood. Your welcome to quit posting. I would be disappointed though, because it has been my recent source of entertainment. Nothing like slapping around some well deserving candidates. I don't know what's more humorous? Either out witting the narcissistic, or witnessing their inability to acknowledge that they have been outclassed? So I guess I can say goodbye, it'll be back to the drawing board for you.

Hey, if you want to admit defeat and bow out that would be well understood. Your welcome to quit posting. I would be disappointed though, because it has been my recent source of entertainment. Nothing like slapping around some well deserving candidates. I don't know what's more humorous? Either out witting the narcissistic, or witnessing their inability to acknowledge that they have been outclassed? So I guess I can say goodbye, it'll be back to the drawing board for you.

You're delusional my friend....I must not be getting all your posts on my computer....you haven't done anything but make me think I gave you too much credit in the past....like I mentioned before....time for you to change the subject

I have fond memories of guys like "furious" in the plant. They were the ones always listening to self- improvement tapes on the assembly line. The ones carrying around paperwork on the latest "get rich quick" scam. The ones who were always going to open their own business. The ones carrying Mr. X's check from overseas to the bank( the one where you could keep 20k simply by cashing this check). The ones that were being held back by Ford.

They were generally overpaid for their level of intelligence and could not stand being an hourly assembler. When Ford hung out a little cash they fell for it. Little thought was given to their level of benefits and pay relative to their skill set. They quickly found themselves in a bad situation. They wind up taking these jobs (as has been described countless times) where their skill level is generally low but the job has a cool title. They may check the oil and coolant level in an engine, change filters in the HVAC system or wrestle a turd from the toilet. They generally make half of what they previously made with little or no benefits. When you see or talk to them they describe how well they are doing and what a good decision it was to leave Ford. Secretly they regret their decision everyday.

Furious; I bet they call you an engineer.

Esteem not assteam.

Longball, feel free to read back. It was probably less that you didn't receive my posts, and more that you didn't understand them. I will be accommodating in the future and attempt to include more pictures.

MillWrong, That is great, I must have underestimated your ability visualize what would have happened to you if you would have left Ford.

I also remember the skilled tradesman coming into my area to repair my header pipe conveyor table in Lorain. 2 would come and stare at it, while they chatted and discussed what is on the menu for lunch and attempting to make it appear as though they were doing something burning time till break. Normally one would stay and scratch their head, after a while they would go to break never to be seen till they were called back. I called for you dumb shits for a week straight while I was aware that there was a piece key stock with a broken weld that was causing the problem. You guys never figured it out, till I pointed it out. Then once again the repair was not made, so I called for the maintenance foreman. The dumbass millwright complained to me that I went above his head to get it fixed, and that I made him do his job.

Good luck getting a Millwright job outside of Ford, because you would be sent back to the hall when they saw that you are unmotivated and unqualified for real journeyman work. And this is why trades are being consolidated, forced to work production, and having their work out sourced to contractors. You might be qualified to be a sanitation engineer, a security guard, or a lunch room technician, but you will never be utilized for anything more then general laboring for outside contractors when there is a real project underway. It takes 4 visits and a month and 1/2 from skilled trades to install a ceiling fan. 1 electrician to run a lead, then 1 millwright to hang the fan, then 1 electrician to wire it, then finally 1 millwright to loosen the bolts and re-tighten them for adjustment. What a joke.

Your right I took a pay cut :~)

Edited by Furious1Auto

X Nap...I want you to know you are dealing with a kid who worked like 4 years....maybe more ...maybe less...it really doesn't matter... and took advantage of a situation offered by Ford to reduce employment numbers....he wasn't in the plant very long....he's just a kid...I think he did the right thing leaving Ford...but I don't get the incessant talking about his non-Ford situation on this forum.