Issues with clock on 2013

dbdb

I have a new 2013 Ford Escape SEL, ginger ale, sync, trailer tow.

I have noticed that the clock will occasionally be wrong. What seems to happen is that the clock will not run for the duration that the ignition is off. Turn the vehicle off at 1:13pm, return at 3:45pm and the clock will start at 1:13 and run from there.

Also, at random times at start up the audio system will start playing off the SD card even though this was not the last audio source use.

Small things I know, but annoying.

Is there a firmware update in the works to fix this?

I was having the same issue with my clock so I stopped in at the Ford service center. The service rep found that Ford is aware of the issue and working on a fix. The rep told me it normally takes 6-8 weeks for an update. So I hope it comes soon I have to fix the clock just about every other day.

• 3 weeks later...

I have poked around in "Settings" more than I care to, and I have yet to find the software version.

I looked tonight and also could not find it. On my 2012 Focus is was located at:

Settings (from the home screen)

Settings

Help

System Information

You can always find it at www.syncmyride.com

Account Settings

Confirmerd Installations

SYNC Version

Gen2-V3.0.2

Makes me wonder what the heck they changed between the MFT hardware between different vehicles. Even BORG has reported that many of his early MFT problems no longer occur on his MKX, and my Edge has been pretty good. Haven't heard many gripes from Explorer owners with MFT either. Although not very common, I haven't heard any issues on MFT in the '13 Taurus/MKS yet either. Wonder what's going on to make the Escape and Focus have these other random issues that none of the other vehicles seem to be experiencing?