Rear Camera w/o Park Assist package??

digijay

I was told by my dealer that I can't get the rear view camera unless I get the whole Park-Assist package. I had a hard time believing that..

Is this true? If so, are after market rear view cameras compatible with the existing video screen?

Why don't you go to Ford.com and research it yourself? No need to rely on what the dealer tells you - the information is readily available.

It does appear that the salesman is correct at least on the SEL.

Why don't you go to Ford.com and research it yourself? No need to rely on what the dealer tells you - the information is readily available.

It does appear that the salesman is correct at least on the SEL.

Thanks for your useless piece of information. Believe it or not, using forums to enquire with experienced people IS a form of research. I'm sorry I offended you by using this method.

Maybe I'm wrong but when I DID look at Ford's website, I was unable to find a definitive answer. At least not the Canadian version of the site.

I'm specifically looking for information on the Titanium. Also, if anyone knows about aftermarket rear video systems that can be integrated, I would love to hear about that.

Thanks for your useless piece of information. Believe it or not, using forums to enquire with experienced people IS a form of research. I'm sorry I offended you by using this method.

Maybe I'm wrong but when I DID look at Ford's website, I was unable to find a definitive answer. At least not the Canadian version of the site.

Go to Build and Price. Select Titanium. See if you can find an option for a stand alone backup camera. If you can't then it doesn't exist. If you can then it does exist. It will only take 5 minutes and you'll have the definitive answer. Nobody has much experience with a 2013 Escape so the only way for us to answer your question is to do what I just described.

• Like 1

Only reason we got the package was to get the back-up camera. Rear vision sucks compared to our Outback. I doubt we will ever know if the park assist works in our Escape.

Give it a little time, the aftermarket will respond with an easily integrated back-up camera or some of the younger, more technical oriented owners will hack one into the existing display.

• 2 weeks later...