EDOPP

Crusty

How soon is it paid out after leaving? I'm wondering how it will effect this years taxes.

Is it lump sum each year? I know it would not be taxed like profit share if it was paid out over time.

Is it taxed like income or as a profitsharing check/bonus at over 40%? I can get by on $30k taxed as normal income. I can not get by on $17k unless I get a huge return on my income tax.

Is school paid for like etap with vouchers or is it reimbursed? I don't want to front the money waiting for Ford to reimburse me in their sweet time.

If the contract is renegotiated and hourly rates are cut, will edopp pay be cut? All the paper work I've seen said 1/2 salary. Is that now salary or future salary?

Will my health insurance remain as it is NOW or will co-pays go from $5/10 to $100/??

What qualifies as "full time?" Can you take summers off like regular college students and still qualify?

If it's lump sum, do I have to prove "full time" status after the last payment?

What can they change? If the company skids all the way to the toilet, am I out of luck?

I want to get a career that will not be affected by the economy. Construction and manufacturing jobs can be or are in jeopardy. I can work as a m/c mechanic but if the economy tanks, people won't be paying for people to work on their toys. I want to get into the medical field for some security. I am the sole bread winner for a family of 4. My house is paid off. I've got one car payment left and I'll be debt free. We live 100yds from my in-laws, and that is not a bad thing, so moving is out. Not like a tradesman is going to be offered a job anywhere anyway. I'm trying to get my facts straight BEFORE they give me a one week window to decide what to do. I just want to make the best of my opportunity. Ford has treated me like MLB treats cuban ball players, "Berry Berry Good! :)" They gave me more than I expected to have.

Just so you know. None of the buyout created slots that were from tradesmen in Kentucky will be replaced with laid off tradesmen.

Thanks in advance,

Crusty

How soon is it paid out after leaving? I'm wondering how it will effect this years taxes.

The lump sum is paid @ the start of the year. Taxed as regular income.

Is it lump sum each year? I know it would not be taxed like profit share if it was paid out over time.

Is it taxed like income or as a profitsharing check/bonus at over 40%? I can get by on $30k taxed as normal income. I can not get by on $17k unless I get a huge return on my income tax.

Taxed as regular income

Is school paid for like etap with vouchers or is it reimbursed? I don't want to front the money waiting for Ford to reimburse me in their sweet time.

Paid just like ETAP. Big thing here is....anything over the $4,300 per year used is Taxable. So if you use all $15,000 you are gonna have an extra $10,000 to pay taxes on.

If the contract is renegotiated and hourly rates are cut, will edopp pay be cut? All the paper work I've seen said 1/2 salary. Is that now salary or future salary?

As far as I know...it is 1/2 you base salary on 40 hours. Next Contract??? Good question

Will my health insurance remain as it is NOW or will co-pays go from $5/10 to $100/??

Your Insurance is supposed to remain the same.

What qualifies as "full time?" Can you take summers off like regular college students and still qualify?
Whatever school you are attending...Full time is based on what they consider full time....probably about 12 credit hours a semester.

If it's lump sum, do I have to prove "full time" status after the last payment?

I am sure they will follow closely all of those in this plan....you can fail classes....but have to keep a "c" average for the year. YOu also have to renew yourself in this program each year.

What can they change? If the company skids all the way to the toilet, am I out of luck?

You already know this answer.....nothing is set in stone....one interesting thing i heard was what about if you get injured and can not attend school??? They stated you will still be in the plan....

I want to get a career that will not be affected by the economy. Construction and manufacturing jobs can be or are in jeopardy. I can work as a m/c mechanic but if the economy tanks, people won't be paying for people to work on their toys. I want to get into the medical field for some security. I am the sole bread winner for a family of 4. My house is paid off. I've got one car payment left and I'll be debt free. We live 100yds from my in-laws, and that is not a bad thing, so moving is out. Not like a tradesman is going to be offered a job anywhere anyway. I'm trying to get my facts straight BEFORE they give me a one week window to decide what to do. I just want to make the best of my opportunity. Ford has treated me like MLB treats cuban ball players, "Berry Berry Good! :)" They gave me more than I expected to have.

Just so you know. None of the buyout created slots that were from tradesmen in Kentucky will be replaced with laid off tradesmen.

Thanks in advance,

Crusty

Good Luck bud...hope this helped a little.

and is an authority on every subject known to man....... :blah:

:kissass: :kissass: :kissass: :kissass: :kissass: :kissass:

Edited by SalinePlastic

The lump sum is paid about three weeks after your last day of work, and then every year to follow on that same date.

I took this buyou and after taxes only recieved 62% of my gross amount.

Taxed as regular income

Paid just like ETAP. Big thing here is....anything over the $4,300 per year used is Taxable. So if you use all $15,000 you are gonna have an extra $10,000 to pay taxes on.

It's after $5,300

As far as I know...it is 1/2 you base salary on 40 hours. Next Contract??? Good question
It is half your base rate as of your last day of work, that can not change. But, come contract time if the groups benefits are renegotiated. then ours change to.

Your Insurance is supposed to remain the same.

You already know this answer.....nothing is set in stone....one interesting thing i heard was what about if you get injured and can not attend school??? They stated you will still be in the plan....

This is true, but you do not have to gcontinue classes if you can't, but when you are better you only have whatever time you have left in the program to finish you education.

EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITY PROGRAM (EDOPP) DESCRIPTION AND ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURE

OVERVIEW AND AUTHORITY

The National Job Security, Operational Effectiveness and Sourcing Committee (NJSOESC) may, from time to time and for specified periods, recommend use of the Educational Opportunity Program (EDOPP) for designated eligible employees. This Program is intended to assist employees in achieving their education/career goals. Interpretation, application, and any exception to and/or modification of this Program will be the responsibility of the NJSOESC. The Grievance Procedure set forth in Article VII of the Collective Bargaining Agreement has no application to, or jurisdiction over, any matter related to this letter.

ELIGIBILITY AND PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS

This Program is applicable to employees with at least one year of seniority. The employee must be a UAW represented hourly employee within a group of employees identified by the Local Job Security, Operational Effectiveness and Sourcing Committee, and be on the active employment rolls at the time of application.

Program participants must separate from the Company under voluntary termination code VE (not retirement eligible) or VR (retirement eligible) on the date they begin the Program. To remain eligible to participate, Program participants must renew participation in the Program annually, and show progress towards a degree or certificate. In addition participants are responsible for communicating any personal status changes (name, address, and

lelejjliuiie) lu the Employment Security Programs office.

Program participants must enroll and actively participate in a college or university educational program or a vocational school'or program that confers a degree or certificate recognizing completion of education and/or training in a skill or profession. Personal development classes that are not part of a degree or certificate program are not included in the provisions of this Program.

DESCRIPTION OF PROGRAM BENEFITS

Program participants can receive tuition reimbursements up to a maximum of $15,000 a year for a maximum of four continuous years [1]. Administration of the reimbursement will follow the terms and process of the existing Education & Training Assistance Plan (ETAP) Program. Consistent with current tax laws, the first $5,250 a year is tax-free; any

amounts over that are taxable.

Program participants also will receive an annual living expense stipend. The stipend amount shall be equal to 50% of the Program participant's annualized straight-time hourly wage rate at time of termination (50% x 2,080 hours x the employee's straight-time hourly wage rate at time of termination.) This stipend will be awarded each year that the participant continues participation in the Program, for a maximum of four continuous years [1]. The stipend is taxable and will be reported on the Participant's W-2 Form.

Healthcare benefits (Hospital, Surgical, Medical, drug, vision, hearing and dental) will be continued for employees who terminate employment and participate in the EDOPP. Coverage will be provided to the individual participant, their spouse and eligible dependents, for as long as they meet the eligibility requirements for the EDOPP and are enrolled in the Program (maximum of four continuous years) [1]. This coverage shall be consistent with the coverage provided active employees under the Ford-UAW Collective Bargaining Agreement, and shall be subject to the same changes or modifications whenever such changes or modifications occur through bargaining or otherwise. Failure to show progress towards a degree or certificate will constitute termination from the Program, and healthcare coverage will be cancelled.

After the participant's healthcare coverage ends due to either successful completion of the Program, or the participant no longer meets the eligibility requirements, the participant may qualify for healthcare continuation through COBRA for a period up to 18 months from the time the participant started the Program. If, however, it has been longer than 18 months since the participant started the Program, the participant would no longer qualify for COBRA, instead, the participant can contact his/her healthcare provider to investigate a conversion policy; or contact any other healthcare provider to explore other options.

EDOPPDescriptionandApplication.doc Page 1 of 5 Date Revised: 1/5/06

Life insurance coverage up to a maximum of $50,000 will be provided to the participant for the duration of

participation in the EDOPP (maximum of four continuous years) [1].

A-Plan privileges will continue for the duration of participation in the EDOPP (maximum of four continuous years) ,

EDOPP participants will have preferential consideration for eligible Family Service and Learning Center (FSLC) sponsored programs (maximum of four continuous years) [1],

[1] The four continuous years time period begins with commencement of Program participation and continues as long as the participant meets all Program eligibility requirements. If a participant fails to meet the Program eligibility requirements, the participation in the Program will cease.

In no event, however, shall the amount of an EDOPP payment provided under this Program exceed such amount permissible under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA) or any other applicable laws.

PREFERENTIAL REHIRE CONSIDERATION

Upon completion of the Program, or when a participant no longer meets the eligibility requirements, a participant will be eligible for preferential re-employment consideration for a period of five years from the time of the participant's completion date or discontinuation in the EDOPP. The former employees who participate in the EDOPP will be considered for rehire before the general public if a location has hiring needs and all other steps in the Preferential Placement Hierarchy (before Step 9) have been exhausted. Consideration will be given to former Program participants in Company seniority order.

A Program participant is required to initially express his/her interest in a rehire opportunity upon expiration of the Program, and subsequently renew his/her interest on an annual basis in order to be considered for rehire opportunities. At the time of rehire, the employee would establish a new Company, Plant, and Date of Entry (if applicable) seniority date as of the rehire date. The rehired employee would not be eligible for any moving or relocation allowances as a result of being rehired.

A former Program participant who is offered an opportunity to be rehired will be allowed to decline three such offers, after which the former participant will be removed from future preferential rehire consideration.

APPLICATION PROCEDURE

Eligible employees may make application by. completing an EDOPP Application and Waiver Agreement, along with an "Express Interest Form" attached to the Application, and submitting them to their local Hourly Personnel Office within the application period determined by the NJSOESC.

The Hourly Personnel activity should verify that the employee is eligible for EDOPP, complete the applicable portion of the Application form, and forward the application and the Express Interest Form to the Employment Security Programs

Office.

The Employment Security Programs Office will complete the appropriate portion of the form and, following verification of the termination, produce a voucher, which will be sent to the Program participant for use in paying for tuition and applicable fees. Likewise, the local Hourly Personnel Office will request a check for the initial stipend, which will be sent to the employee's address of record.

On the employee's last workday the employee should be processed by Hourly Personnel as an EDOPP voluntary quit using the termination code VE for non retirement eligible employees and VR for retirement eligible employees. The Hourly Personnel Office should retain a copy for its records and give the employee a copy for the employee's records.

EDOPP Description and Application.doc Page 2 of 5 Date Revised: 1/5/06

If an employee fails, for any reason, to complete the termination process, the employee will be considered to have withdrawn his/her application for the EDOPP Program and will become ineligible for any associated payments and/or benefits.

CONTINUING PARTICIPATION

In order to maintain eligibility, program participants must renew their participation on an annual basis and are required to take a full course load (e.g., 12 credit hours at a college or university, or equivalent contact hours for certificate programs), and maintain at least a "C" average. Renewal of participation may be requested using the attached "Express interest Form", which should be prepared and submitted to Employment Security Programs 30 days prior to the anniversary of the date the employee was approved for the EDOPP. The employee also must complete the "Request For Stipend" section of the "Express Interest Form", and attach evidence of progress towards completion of a degree or certificate. This could be a grade report, or an official document on institution letterhead verifying completion of coursework), certificate of completion of a phase or segment of the employee's certificate or degree, or other evidence showing participation and progress.

Any time during the four year period, if a participant decides to terminate participation in the Program, the participant may elect to receive a payment equivalent to the amount offered under the Special Termination of Employment Program, less any cost incurred by the Company on behalf of the participant's enrollment in EDOPP.

EDOPPDescnptionandApplication.doc Page 3 of 5 Date Revised: 1/5/06

EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITY PROGRAM (EDOPP) EXPRESS INTEREST FORM

1 am requesting approval to begin or renew my participation in the Educational Opportunity Program (EDOPP), and I am pursuing a (enter: "degree" or certificate")_______________________________ from (enter: name of school, college or university)______________________________ (enter: school address) _________________________________________ in the following program (enter: name of degree or certification)_ _______________________^

If I am renewing my participation in EDOPP, I am attaching evidence of progress towards completion of the degree or certificate that I identified above. I understand that by providing sufficient evidence of progress, I am eligible for the annual stipend by completing the Request For Stipend section of this form, below.

REQUEST FOR STIPEND

First Year EDOPP Participant:

D I am requesting to participate in the Educational Opportunity Program (EDOPP) and am requesting the annual stipend of 50% of my annualized straight-time hourly wage rate at time of termination, which is a payment intended to defray living expenses while I participate in EDOPP. I understand that once this request is approved, this stipend will be paid to me in a lump sum, and will have applicable taxes withheld, as required by federal, state and local jurisdictions. Payment and acceptance of this stipend does not guarantee, nor obligate Ford Motor Company to make subsequent payments. Any EDOPP living expense stipend payment to an eligible employee will be reduced by the employee's outstanding debts to the Company or to the Trustees of any Company benefit plan or program, including any unrepaid overpayments to the employee under the SUB Plan or GIS Program.

[submit this form to Employment Security Programs, c/o Durinda Smith, Room 604 - Ford WHO, One American Road, Dearborn, Ml 48126.]

D Second Through Fourth Year Participant: (check one box:)

As an active participant in the Educational Opportunity Program (EDOPP), I am beginning my (check one box:) n 2nd D 3rd n 4th year in EDOPP. I have attached evidence of progress towards completion of the degree or certificate program that I identified above, and I am requesting the annual stipend of 50% of my annualized straight-time hourly wage rate at time of termination, which is a payment intended to defray living expenses while I participate in EDOPP. I understand that once this request is approved, this stipend will be paid to me in a lump sum, and will have applicable taxes withheld, as required by federal, state and local jurisdictions. Payment and acceptance of this stipend does not guarantee, nor obligate Ford Motor Company to make subsequent payments. Any EDOPP living expense stipend payment to an eligible employee will be reduced by the employee's outstanding debts to the Company or to the Trustees of any Company benefit plan or program, including any unrepaid overpayments to the employee under the SUB Plan or GIS Program. [ Submit this form to Employment Security Programs, c/o Durinda Smith, Room 604 - Ford WHO, One American Road, Dearborn, Ml 48126. ]

EDOPP participant's printed name EDOPP participant's signature

EDOPP participant's Social Security Number

Personal Status Change (Name, Address and/or Telephone Number)

Name Change: _________________________ New Address: _________ ________________

Ford location (where most-recently employed)

Email Address:

Date of Request

New Telephone Number: _

(Check here if applicable:) D I have called the NESC to officially change my name/address of record,

EDOPPDescriptionandApplication.doc Page 4 of 5 Date Revised: 1/5/06

EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITY PROGRAM APPLICATION AND WAIVER AGREEMENT

NOTICE TO EMPLOYEE

Complete Items 1 through 4, Sign and Date -

1,________________________________ 2._______________

Name (Last, First, Middle Initial) Social Security Number

3. ________________________________________

Address

City State Zip Code

4. Ford Location Where Most-Recently Employed ______________________________

I hereby make application for the Educational Opportunity Program (EDOPP) for which I may be entitled. I understand that filing this application does not constitute assurance that an EDOPP payment will be paid. I understand that as of the last day worked subsequent to the Company's receipt and approval of this Application and Waiver Agreement, I shall cease to be an employee of the Company and my seniority rights shall be deemed to have been broken. I understand also that I shall not be eligible for a SUB Separation Payment and/or CIS Redemption Payment. I understand also that I shall not be eligible to receive a special early retirement benefit under the Ford-UAW Retirement Plan. I understand that I shall not be eligible for any other special program or special incentive. I understand that any payment under this Program will be reduced by applicable taxes and my outstanding debts to the Company or trustees of any Company benefit plan or program, including any un-repaid overpayments under the SUB Plan and/or GIS Program.

I have received the Description and Administrative Procedure of the EDOPP, which I have read and understood. I have decided voluntarily to terminate my employment under the terms and conditions of the EDOPP. In consideration of the benefits to be provided as described in the summary, I waive and release any and all rights or claims I may have against the Ford Motor Company, its agents or employees and agree not to institute any proceedings of any kind against Ford Motor Company, its agents or employees relating in any way to my employment or the termination of my employment, provided, however, I do not waive my rights or claims under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act.

This waiver does not waive any rights or claims that may arise after this waiver is signed or if it is not permitted by law. I understand, however, that the Ford Motor Company and the UAW may, from time to time, change or improve EDOPP or other benefit programs, and that I am not entitled to any such changes or improvements, unless specifically agreed between the Company and the UAW.

I hereby acknowledge that I am voluntarily applying for the EDOPP and that I am physically able to work and suffer from no disability that would preclude me from doing my prior assigned job. The information I am furnishing in this EDOPP Application and Waiver Agreement is true and correct to the best of my knowledge and understanding. I have read and reviewed this EDOPP Application and Waiver Agreement carefully and to my satisfaction.

Employee Signature ' Date

Witnessed by:

UAW Representative Company Representative

Submit this form to Hourly Personnel

EDOPPDescriptionandApplication.doc Page 5 of 5

- Date Revised: 1/5/06

(text copied and pasted off original form)

Edited by WixomRealityCheck

• 7 years later...

What do you want to know?

I am not from StL but I did attend the buyout mtg @ Wayne....

IM TRYING TO FIND OUT ABOUT BEING ELIGIBLE TO BE REHIRED I TOOK THE STEP... AND THIS IS WHAT I FOUND ON ANOTHER FORUM...CAN YOU SUPPORT THIS ?

Who are you quoting? Because your info is dead wrong. based on the buyout papers I signed it's stated that you can get hired back into Ford. But for 5 years you cannot take another buyout. What are the odds of another one coming?

Here's what it says under the step program.

"If an eligible employee has recieved a STEP payment and is subsequently rehired by the Company, the employee will not be eligible for any future STEP payments until the employee has 5 or more years of seniority following such rehire. No seniority used to determine the amount of a previous STEP payment shall be used in determining a subsequent STEP payment."

There it is in black and white from Ford Motor. So I think you should stop listening to bob at the vending machine and research a little before spewing out fake quotes.

Is there anyone from SLAP around that can answer some education buyout questions? First hand knowledge please. If I wanted speculation and rumors or just plain "I don't knows," I've got a union for that.

Thanks,

Crusty

If you come to the internet looking for the truth I hate to tell you but your not gonna get it!