2013 Escape Accessories/Mods

transitman

Btw the weather tech front rear and cargo liner on autoanything.com is actually overpriced. They price matched me and gave me an additional $10 off because I caught it. Just food for thought. Love all the accessories so far! I'm looking at window deflectors soon too

I'm looking at window deflectors soon too

Wife wants these on her Escape also. The ones on the Taurus were a nightmare after several years. They were stuck on the rubber trim and after the tape aged they would loosen up. Had to pull them off, clean both surfaces and retape. This was every two years. If the ones for the Escape don't go in the channel I don't know if I'd want them.

If anyone here is a service member in the armed forces Huskyliners.com offers a 10% discount if you phone in your order. I also found a screen protector that works with the resistive touch panel used with MFT you can order it from NuShield. Just select ford under the "Select Brand" drop down and then select "'13 Escape" under the "Specify a Model" drop down. They offer two films one is supposed to help with glare and the other is supposed to be antimicrobial. I purchased the film that is supposed to help with glare. It definitely increases the amount of glare over not having a film installed; however, at least I don't have to worry about scratching the screen. The trade off for protection is worth a little extra glare IMO.

I'm looking at window deflectors soon too

Wife wants these on her Escape also. The ones on the Taurus were a nightmare after several years. They were stuck on the rubber trim and after the tape aged they would loosen up. Had to pull them off, clean both surfaces and retape. This was every two years. If the ones for the Escape don't go in the channel I don't know if I'd want them.

Fuzzy I believe the weather tech ones don't involve tape. That's why I want to get them when I can

• 1 month later...

It has finally warmed up here and I installed my window vents today. I gave the car a good wash too, got under the hood, inside of the doors, the rocker panels, behind the fenders in front of the front doors, if I couldn't reach it with my wash mitt, I sprayed water in there to rinse away the salt. I also feel confident that it isn't going to snow again, so I took out my Husky's and put in the carpeted mats. Anyway, back to the window vents. They fit and look good. A couple of new things since I last installed Ford OEM vents, along with the alcohol wipes, they now provide a 3M pad to scratch up the surface and some adhesion promoter that makes the surface a little tacky. Careful with the adhesion promoter, the pads are really saturated and I wasn't expecting that, so I got some on the plastic by the mirror and it ate the plastic. No big deal because the vent covered it, but it might affect paint or the gloss on the B pillar. I didn't have my camera so no pics. They're not that noticeable, but I'll try to post some tomorrow.

post-36355-0-13030200-1367155997_thumb.jpg

post-36355-0-93495600-1367156007_thumb.jpg

post-36355-0-79870200-1367156016_thumb.jpg

Edited by transitman
  • Like 1

Those look really cool! Thanks for the installation tips too.

You’re welcome. One additional install tip. There is a small step down on the plastic triangle behind the mirrors. The end of the vent which is secured on the flat portion of the plastic must not extend on to the step downed portion of the plastic, otherwise air can get under the vent and lift it off the plastic. Make sure the end of the B pillar side of the vent is all the way to the end of the door pillar. Look at pics 2 and 3. On 2 you can see the B pillar side and 3 you can barely make out the stepped down area on the plastic.

Here are a couple of pics showing what I'm talking about.

post-36355-0-96932500-1367281717_thumb.jpg

post-36355-0-76870500-1367281735_thumb.jpg

Edited by transitman
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have any experience with Lloyd's Ultimat ($87.00) or Velourtex ($65.00) carpeted floor mats? I took my OEM mats out today for a good cleaning and after only one year, even less if you consider the time my Husky's were in, they are already beginning to show matting and wear by the accelerator pedal.

• 2 months later...

Just got my accessory storage compartment in at the dealer. Its a nice little tray that sits on top of the center console just under the lid. On the package its called a "Bezel". Took forever to get it (1 month). Its for a 2014 but seems to fit just fine. They introduced this on the 2014 model, but seems to fit just fine.

post-48549-0-59788000-1378396031_thumb.jpg

post-48549-0-21782400-1378396038_thumb.jpg

Edited by Escapism