Ford of Canada Build and Price

I was surfing the build and price on ford.ca and noticed before we don't get all the variants of the vehicles the US does. The 2013 Taurus Limited is only available in AWD as was the 2010-12 Fusion Sport for example.

So I wasn't surprised to see the Fusion Titanium is only in AWD here. I don't care myself, I figured a FWD with ESC would suffice for most applications. A general 1 mpg penalty in FE between FWD/AWD is largely academic IMO.

For the Focus, the Titanium sedan is no longer availible at this time. I am surprised because it's a sharp looker. Perhaps demand for the hatchback is larger. I'm sure if people pipe up maybe we'll see trim levels come to Canada but there has to be a lot of folks with cash in hand.

I built and priced a Focus ST and fully loaded in BC is $35-36ish. THAT is the sweet spot and in the same range as it's competition. I can't wait to see it in person. Maybe in a couple of years, I'll get my hands on one. :)

I was surfing the build and price on ford.ca and noticed before we don't get all the variants of the vehicles the US does. The 2013 Taurus Limited is only available in AWD as was the 2010-12 Fusion Sport for example.

So I wasn't surprised to see the Fusion Titanium is only in AWD here. I don't care myself, I figured a FWD with ESC would suffice for most applications. A general 1 mpg penalty in FE between FWD/AWD is largely academic IMO.

For the Focus, the Titanium sedan is no longer availible at this time. I am surprised because it's a sharp looker. Perhaps demand for the hatchback is larger. I'm sure if people pipe up maybe we'll see trim levels come to Canada but there has to be a lot of folks with cash in hand.

I built and priced a Focus ST and fully loaded in BC is $35-36ish. THAT is the sweet spot and in the same range as it's competition. I can't wait to see it in person. Maybe in a couple of years, I'll get my hands on one. :)

Nothing new. Canada used to get cloth heated seat options on limited models that we never got in the U.S.

When the Lincoln LS was MCEd in 2003 they had 4 vehicles - V6 and V8, Sport and Non Sport. They decided at the last minute to drop the V6 Sport and V8 non sport from the U.S. but you could still get them in Canada.

Not sure why it's different other than - it can be.

Weird stuff, and Ford Canada still offers the SEL (which in USA is deleted) trim if sedan is selected, but even stranger is the Titanium Handling Package option for the SEL sedan.

I have a feeling that this must be a mistake, and should be reading Titanium not SEL.

Also the ST (which is ST3 in USA) is now available only with halogen headlights (HID and LED brows late availability)

• Like 1

Didn't see the halogen in the ST. Cloth heated seats used to be under the 'Canadian Winter Package'. AFAIC, Winter is winter... :) Things do change so maybe there'll be an amendment. I can always e-mail Ford.ca and ask WTF?

Didn't see the halogen in the ST. Cloth heated seats used to be under the 'Canadian Winter Package'. AFAIC, Winter is winter... :) Things do change so maybe there'll be an amendment. I can always e-mail Ford.ca and ask WTF?

Couple other details I came across on the Ford.ca 2013 Focus info.

1.Titanium now comes with heated rear seats

2.In the SE Plus Package option, one of the features included is "Touring Suspension"

$41K for a loaded out Fusion Titanium with AWD....how much more are Canadian prices vs US pricing?

IIRC, it was $43-46 CAD. It's not a huge difference... But I just built and priced one and in BC fully loaded they are asking $42, 713. Edited by Hugh

$41K for a loaded out Fusion Titanium with AWD....how much more are Canadian prices vs US pricing?

I did a build and price on Escape Titanium, loaded and it was about $45K (taxes in).

And thats employee pricing discounts as of today.

Cdn dollar about par at the moment.

True as there is no simple answer for it, I'm actually surprised we are not too far off now. There was a time when we would add almost $5k more or worse. If it's $2-5K, that's livable. Getting a good rate, that's the trick I guess.

Couple other details I came across on the Ford.ca 2013 Focus info.

1.Titanium now comes with heated rear seats

2.In the SE Plus Package option, one of the features included is "Touring Suspension"

I think the 'plus' is the old sport package with some extra stuff. Nice package.