2013 Escape oil leak

Right. Because Ford's warehouses are just stuffed to overflowing with 2013 Escape parts.

Bingo! I've been in service and parts for over 12 years with Ford, Chrysler and GM.

Not every part is available in a timely matter. To believe otherwise is delusional.

We FedEx all the time when we can but the fact is that sometimes a part is JUST NOT THERE! People can stomp their feet and hold their breath all they want but if it's not in the pipeline that's it.

How are they building hundreds of new ones every day without parts?

Book of excuses page 232...

New model parts are not stocked in the parts warehouses until well after launch. All available units are sent to the assembly plant, because more often than not, the parts plants have trouble ramping up production to meet the assembly plants needs.

Its not an excuse, its reality.

• Like 2

New model parts are not stocked in the parts warehouses until well after launch. All available units are sent to the assembly plant, because more often than not, the parts plants have trouble ramping up production to meet the assembly plants needs.

Bingo again!

Hey F250, there is a difference between what you want life to be and reality. And it's an industry thing, not a Ford thing. Deal with it.

How are they building hundreds of new ones every day without parts?

Book of excuses page 232...

Precisely. There is a whole factory putting this problematic "suv" together. Ford should pull an engine out of the factory and take care of the actual person that paid (a ton) of money for their vehicle than the potential customer that may buy the one that isn't built yet.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush......and if I were this customer.....Ford wouldn't have a bird in the hand. It has been appalling how badly Ford has handled this.....especially with a vehicle so vitally important as the Escape. This smacks of arrogance...."we don't need to please this customer because there will be many more".

Precisely. There is a whole factory putting this problematic "suv" together. Ford should pull an engine out of the factory and take care of the actual person that paid (a ton) of money for their vehicle than the potential customer that may buy the one that isn't built yet.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush......and if I were this customer.....Ford wouldn't have a bird in the hand. It has been appalling how badly Ford has handled this.....especially with a vehicle so vitally important as the Escape. This smacks of arrogance...."we don't need to please this customer because there will be many more".

It's not that easy to just "pull an engine out of the factory" and you also have to remember this affected tens of thousands of customers, not just one or two.

What they should have done is make sure the customer has a nice vehicle to drive while waiting for repairs and may throw in something extra for the inconvenience. No mfr is equipped to fix something like this overnight.

Dammit, has it been two weeks already? :(

What they should have done is make sure the customer has a nice vehicle to drive while waiting for repairs and may throw in something extra for the inconvenience. No mfr is equipped to fix something like this overnight.

Precisely!

It's not that easy to just "pull an engine out of the factory" and you also have to remember this affected tens of thousands of customers, not just one or two.

Wasn`t this problem effecting around 11,500, with only 4,800 customer vehicles.

On July 19, 2012 Detroit Free Press article Ford spokeswoman Marcey Zwiebel said the repair is a quick remove and replace of the fuel line and should take less an hour. Zwiebel said it appears there are enough parts in stock to fix all affected vehicles within two weeks.

http://www.freep.com/article/20120719/BUSINESS0102/120719014/Ford-recalls-2013-Escapes-tells-owners-not-to-drive-them

Edited by MKII

Hey F250, there is a difference between what you want life to be and reality. And it's an industry thing, not a Ford thing. Deal with it.

I don't have to deal with it because I do not own a 2013 Escape.

If this was any other manufacturers launch I'm sure the discussion around here would have been just as...understanding. (sarcasm)

Well the In-laws got more bad news today (Tuesday). They got the new motor install yesterday and test drove it. Now they have a gasket leaking. That's all I know about the new leak at this time. They told him the parts were ordered and should be here Wednesday morning. All I know for sure is the in-laws aren't happy. Wednesday makes 42 days.

HOLY CRAP. Did you marry into the Btfsplk family?

^ Li'l Abner comic strip... for us younger folks.

Seriously after 42 days i would be pushing for lemon law. The vehicle may be bulletproof from here on out but there will always be a cloud of doubt and worry for your parents. Hope they get it fixed tomorrow.

Edited by blazerdude20

Escape was not finished as of 6:00 pm today, 43 days. The in-laws started the buy back process today. Ford really screwed this one up. You would think it would have been smarter on Ford part just to replace the vehicle, Repaired it and sold it as a demo. Now they will have to sell it as a lemon.

Escape was not finished as of 6:00 pm today, 43 days. The in-laws started the buy back process today. Ford really screwed this one up. You would think it would have been smarter on Ford part just to replace the vehicle, Repaired it and sold it as a demo. Now they will have to sell it as a lemon.

One thing I learned while working at Gateway, doing tech support: People that fix things for a living are predisposed to view every problem as fixable. Most of the time this is true. Occasionally it is not.

• Like 1

Well, I'm guessing you're never going to hear the end of this from your father-in-law.

AFAIK, they can't sell it as a lemon?

For the Record There is NO GIANT warehouse housing all the extra parts!! If there was we would not be running out of parts building them just about everyday. Venders are having a hard time keeping up with us let alone make extra parts right now!! And yes I have seen the oil leak in plant but won't go into further details here.

BINGO!!!!!

Absolutely absurd. Certainly have lost a potential customer for a very long time, if not for life. This isn't just a lemon where all sorts of things just kept happening. This is really 2 problems---1 known and easily fixed (the fuel line); the other a bit more complicated, but basically aggravated by Ford's reticence to solve the problem the easy way. Ford deserves what they get on this one. Even *I* would be pissed right off if they had done this to me....and I'm as much a Ford apologist as people might accuse me of being (even if I think I try to be rational).