Length from Order to Arrival

VaporEdge

I ordered my 2013 Escape on June 20 and it arrived at the dealer on August 1, some two weeks earlier than expected. I don't know why, but I'm not complaining... Production date was supposedly July 19 according to the dealer...

Ordered mine on July 18th and got an August 20th ETA as well. I thought for sure my dealer was being overly optimistic. Perhaps not.

Still on track to be delivered the week of 8/20. Got my VIN today and was able to pull up the pdf of my sticker. Build date scheduled for 08/09/2012. Finally starting to feel real...

OK, mine was produced July 11 then. The dealer claimed it was July 19. That may partially explain why it got here much earlier than expected...

Is a vehicle actually produced in one day or is that the date it started to go down the line (or came off the end of the line)?

It's in the box at the bottom center of the sticker. Don't look at the very bottom of the page, that's just the date the sticker was generated (i.e. today).

It's the series of numbers under the Fuel Economy section. It looks like: 1201207090116 which translated to 12012-07-090116 or year-month-day.

I take it that is the date of completion, while the other number is the date production was started?

I take it that is the date of completion, while the other number is the date production was started?

I don't know. From what I understand, it takes about 18 hours from start to finish. I have no idea how you would drill it down to start date/time and completion date/time. I mean come on...

On my sticker, the bottom center date is July 11 and the date under the fuel milege is July 17. Which is correct, or do they both indicate something different? Thanks! -Tom

As was stated before, July 11 is the date you searched and opened the image of the window sticker. If you did it today that date would read 08/09/2012. The series of numbers under the fuel economy section is the build date. Another source for the build date is to access the Ford ETIS site, www.etis.ford.com which, along with a list of all the features that are available on the Escape, it indicates the features included with your car.

Edited by transitman

No, the date I searched and opened the image is August 8 and is at the very bottom, center of the sticker. The two dates I am referring to is the one below the fuel mileage info and the one in the bottom center ABOVE the date that the sticker was searched and opened... They are both in July and a little over a week apart.

I ordered my 2013 Escape on June 20 and it arrived at the dealer on August 1, some two weeks earlier than expected. I don't know why, but I'm not complaining... Production date was supposedly July 19 according to the dealer...

Lucky you! I ordered my Titanium on June 20 as well, but as of last week it still "... is in route to CA. It will be a few weeks only until you can take delivery" as the dealer says.

Tired of waiting...

I ordered my Escape Titanium on June 14 and the car was built on July 16. The dealer told me that my car is be held in Louisville KY and have not ETA for the car arrive. The dealer is not giving more infomation. Is there a way I can find out what going on with this the shippment of my car?

Tired of waiting also.

I ordered my Escape Titanium on June 14 and the car was built on July 16. The dealer told me that my car is be held in Louisville KY and have not ETA for the car arrive. The dealer is not giving more infomation. Is there a way I can find out what going on with this the shippment of my car?

Tired of waiting also.

Did you have Cyberdman track it for you? Where do you live? Do you know the method of shipment?

Edited by rk2112

No, I haven't ask Cyberdman. You just send him a message on here with the vin number. I live in Michigan (Metro Detroit Area). The shipment method on the windows stick say convoy.

Thought maybe it was a logistics issue. I ordered my Titanium 6/28 it was built 8/10 and I have a ETA of 8/20.

Ordered 2013 Ford Escape SE AWD 1.6 on June 14, 2012, built on July 25, 2012. I had an ETA of August 10, 2012 and still waiting. Called the Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Centre and they can't tell me when the vehicle will be delivered to the dealership. The dealership has no idea either. :(

:camera: Just arrived at the dealership today August 16, 2012.. Pickup is on Monday

Edited by Master-Blaster

Ordered 2013 Ford Escape SE AWD 1.6 on June 14, 2012, built on July 25, 2012. I had an ETA of August 10, 2012 and still waiting. Called the Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Centre and they can't tell me when the vehicle will be delivered to the dealership. The dealership has no idea either. :(

My wife's Escape sat at L.A.P. for eight weeks before it was shipped. It was held and repaired as part of the carpet pad/trim recall. A Ford Cust. Service rep. told me that it took so long to ship because the factory had a huge backlog of repaired Escapes to ship along with the Escapes that factory keeps producing.

Edited by zeeman84