Custom Search

Coming Up Next:
Lincoln Aviator

Welcome to Blue Oval Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Blue Oval Forums.  You must first register to create topics and post replies. Registration is a quick and easy process and only takes a minute.  Be apart of Blue Oval Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images
  • Use the Shout feature and more. . .
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

June 2012 Sales Results

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#161 OFFLINE   NickF1011

NickF1011

Moderator Shmoderator

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,712 posts
  • Joined 13-September 04
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Edge Sport, 1997 Mustang Cobra

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:54 PM

And that's why we're all entitled to our own opinion. I personally find the Armada as good if not better looking than practically any large SUV/CUV on the market. It's on par if not better looking than the Expy, and better/worse due to the powertrain (1 less gear & worse mpg, but better performance than the Expy). Not fond of the styles of the Tahoe/Burban, Durango, Explorer, Acadia, Traverse and Sequoia for a few. Now the Flex, that is a thing of beauty.

Similar to when I purchased my F150, the Titan was a close 2nd, with the Silverado, Tundra and Ram being distant behind them. Biggest downfall of the Titan/Armada in my eyes is the mpg's.

Yes, looks are subjective. But sales tend to bear out that my subjective opinion on them is more common than yours. :P
Current Rides:
2011 Ford Edge Sport AWD
1997 Ford SVT Mustang Cobra

Previous Rides:
2004 Mazda 6s
1995 Saturn SL2
1994 Ford Explorer XLT 4x2
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4
1993 Ford Taurus LX
1987 Ford Taurus GL

Moderator at TeamMustang.net

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#162 OFFLINE   03 LS

03 LS

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 384 posts
  • Joined 16-October 03
  • Current Vehicle:'11 MMH

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:02 PM

Isn't the Transit Connect going to KCAP also? I don't know what else Avon Lake could build as I doubt if Ford has other plans, but maybe. AAI will be at capacity late 2013 I would think. Only OAP could use some more production and probably another product or two depending upon volume. Looks to me like every other plant will be at capacity or is already. Nice problem to have for a change. I would imagine Ford is visiting the new plant question from time to time at meetings as it does take a few years to get one going from scratch and is long term decision.

1. TC built here is not a sure thing. If it does come, it better has a config for 3-row seating, not cargo van only.
2. Avon Lake will only have medium truck after E-van is gone, but Ford has not said it will be closed. So it's a prime target to be retooled, flexed, for mid/long term extra capacity.
3. IMHO, next Taurus will be CD4 based, but PI and MKS will stay on D4. Then the natural consolidation would be D4's (Exp./Lincoln Exp./MKS/PI/PIU/Flex/MKT-if not axed) all go to Chicago. OAP and AAI will be CD4 flexed. This is of course, if the Taurus does not go GRWD.

#163 OFFLINE   jpd80

jpd80

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,114 posts
  • Joined 02-June 04
  • Current Vehicle:Falcon 302 V8

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:36 PM

1. TC built here is not a sure thing. If it does come, it better has a config for 3-row seating, not cargo van only.
2. Avon Lake will only have medium truck after E-van is gone, but Ford has not said it will be closed. So it's a prime target to be retooled, flexed, for mid/long term extra capacity.
3. IMHO, next Taurus will be CD4 based, but PI and MKS will stay on D4. Then the natural consolidation would be D4's (Exp./Lincoln Exp./MKS/PI/PIU/Flex/MKT-if not axed) all go to Chicago. OAP and AAI will be CD4 flexed. This is of course, if the Taurus does not go GRWD.

With less emphasis on large cars, the need for Taurus to shift platforms is not there, Ford could play D3 Taurus for a few more years yet.
I have learned that apart from unconfirmed web documents, there is no link between D568 and CD4 Taurus
in the same way that U375 was assigned to 2015 Explorer only to discover it was actually T6 SUV.
Not everything written on the web is true.

#164 OFFLINE   timmm55

timmm55

Blue Oval Enthusiast

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,850 posts
  • Joined 01-June 05
  • Current Vehicle:1994 Lincoln Mark VIII 92K miles

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:41 PM

Personally the Armada is a good looking rig, especially for its age and lack of updates, with plenty of power, but a little thirsty. Compared to large CUV's, which this is more your traditional SUV, being of Titan architecture, it may have the best style. Actually see one everyday (neighbor has one) and it actually drives quite well and is nice inside and out.

:hysterical2: The Escape, even the new 2013 model, is not a premium vehicle. If you consider the Escape premium, then you must also consider the Focus premium. Cause each come in stripped models, as well as your Titanium or Platinum models with bells and whistles.

And what evidence supports your case that Escape owners are more likely auto owners and Fiesta/Focus owners are former manual owners? I see absolutely no basis for those comments.

And I did see my first 2013 Escape on the road this past weekend. Didn't get to check out the interior, but on the exterior it's "Meh". Front clip from the front view is nice and aggressive. The rear, well leaves a lot too be desired, but not much you can do with that design. And the profile, just as I thought from the pics posted here, is plain ugly IMO. Looks like a CRV/Rav-4 cabin connected to a Focus like front end. The entire area prior to the windshield/doors, is too low, making it look like a car connected to a CUV.

The Armada is a huge monstrosity! A friend's mother has one she never drives it, prefers her 2010 Focus instead (which has SYNC, one of the reasons she got it, he has a 2011 Focus with SYNC, they talk all the time).

And I consider the Escape and the Focus to be Premium vehicles, especially in the Titanium versions. Navigation, self parking, leather, etc. etc are not the signs of a car with modest aspirations. Even the basest model is very good, the solid structure and great driving dynamics are built in, without all the extras.

#165 OFFLINE   jpd80

jpd80

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,114 posts
  • Joined 02-June 04
  • Current Vehicle:Falcon 302 V8

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:15 PM

And I consider the Escape and the Focus to be Premium vehicles, especially in the Titanium versions. Navigation, self parking, leather, etc. etc are not the signs of a car with modest aspirations. Even the basest model is very good, the solid structure and great driving dynamics are built in, without all the extras.

While the whole range would not fit the classification of a Premium vehicle, it does fit with Ford's goal of Affordable Quality.
I did a build and price exercise on a loaded Focus Titanium versus a loaded Buick Verano and the Focus was around $1500 less.
Focus and the '13 Fusion are good examples of the Ford brand moving to a new higher level, a notch above Chevrolet and more like Buick.

Having Ford originator vehicles this well endowed with options and quality bodes well for development of future Lincoln vehicles.

Not meaning to derail the thread but part of me wonders what might have been with a Full Mercury line, those becoming re-skinned Fords
instead of Lincoln which is now confirmed as moving to dedicated top hats. You just feel that under different circumstances, Ford could have
pulled it off by remaking Mercury as a North American "Volvo"...Imagine that greater volume of product helping Mercury/Lincoln dealers.

In any case, I am sure that 100% focus on the Ford brand has reaped scales of quality and volume not otherwise possible with divided brands.

Edited by jpd80, 11 July 2012 - 06:31 PM.

#166 OFFLINE   2b2

2b2

Mercury C557 wannabee

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,882 posts
  • Joined 21-August 04
  • Current Vehicle:econobox

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:28 PM

...Not meaning to derail the thread but part of me wonders what might have been with a Full Mercury line, those becoming re-skinned Fords
instead of Lincoln which is now confirmed as moving to dedicated top hats. You just feel that under different circumstances, Ford could have
pulled it off by remaking Mercury as a North American "Volvo"...Imagine that greater volume of product helping Mercury/Lincoln dealers...

Posted Image

(don't mind me)

It’s not a journey. Every journey ends, but we go on. The world turns and we turn with it. Plans disappear. Dreams take over. Yet wherever I go, there you are. My luck, my fate, my fortune. MERCURY. It's inevitable.
Posted Image

MMXX

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·