2015 F-150 Supercab spotted

It's a mule of something. Our plant has not sent anyone over to the new models plant yet to work on any 15's.

Hmmm, so maybe not the F150 then (I mis-interpreted your message), or maybe it is.

Bottom line, we don't know, but it's fun to speculate, and guess, and be internet experts at mule identification! :)

We are only about 19 months away from seeing the '15 F150, though. All-new models are typically revealed at the Detroit Auto Show in January, so January, 2014, we should see it in the flesh!

Who says it's any smaller? Unless you have hard numbers or scale reference objects, you can't make that determination.

Compared to a current F-150 supercab:

The only significant differences I see are the steeper sloped hood/smaller 3-bar grille and apparently scalloped lower side sheet metal. All the other bits (bed height, window frames, etc) seem to be fairly consistent.

The consensus is that it looks smaller. But, if you want hard numbers, those wheels are 17" wheels. Take that fact and run it through some sort of digital image suite to get some numbers to back up your assertion that it is, in fact, not smaller.

The consensus is that it looks smaller. But, if you want hard numbers, those wheels are 17" wheels. Take that fact and run it through some sort of digital image suite to get some numbers to back up your assertion that it is, in fact, not smaller.

Maybe it was just cold that day.......

FWIW I have a 09 Ram 1500 Crew. I need to seat three across regularly for extended periods. I looked at F150s but they failed the 3 butt test. The Ram was more comfortable width wise. That wasn't the only factor in my decision, but if the F150 were any narrower the other factors wouldn't even come up for consideration.

FWIW I have a 09 Ram 1500 Crew. I need to seat three across regularly for extended periods. I looked at F150s but they failed the 3 butt test. The Ram was more comfortable width wise. That wasn't the only factor in my decision, but if the F150 were any narrower the other factors wouldn't even come up for consideration.

Would an F250 had compared better on your "3 butt test"?

My 3 butt test is two adults and one 12yo in the front seat. I lived with 3 car seat in the back of a Contour, but the difference is I wasn't sitting in the back. I looked up the specs at one time and the Ram had 1-2 inches more hip room which was noticeable. I find super duties to be quite roomy but overkill if that is the only reason to consider it. The 1500 & hd Rams share cabs so they may be forced to go larger. If Ford shrinks the F150 I hope they work the 250 into something less overkill for non commercial use.

My 3 butt test is two adults and one 12yo in the front seat. I lived with 3 car seat in the back of a Contour, but the difference is I wasn't sitting in the back. I looked up the specs at one time and the Ram had 1-2 inches more hip room which was noticeable. I find super duties to be quite roomy but overkill if that is the only reason to consider it. The 1500 & hd Rams share cabs so they may be forced to go larger. If Ford shrinks the F150 I hope they work the 250 into something less overkill for non commercial use.

Other than the overall length & wheelbase (due to the longer bed), the F250 is comparable in size to a 1/2 ton Ram, but has over 4" more hip room. With current discounts & rebates, you may of been able to purchase a comparable F250 for close to what the Dodge Ram 1500 cost.

Ford used to call the higher GVWR F150 a "Light Duty" F250, if Ford does shrink the F150, maybe they should offer a slightly lower GVWR F250 and call it an "F150 Super Duty".

With current discounts & rebates, you may of been able to purchase a comparable F250 for close to what the Dodge Ram 1500 cost.

Don't know about that - Ram dealers are running lease deals around here for $2,800 for two year prepaid leases . (2012, 4x4, HEMI). Even the Ford dealers can't even come close to touching that with A-plan and rebates.

Don't know about that - Ram dealers are running lease deals around here for $2,800 for two year prepaid leases . (2012, 4x4, HEMI). Even the Ford dealers can't even come close to touching that with A-plan and rebates.

RAM 1500 gets a major redesign for 2013; they're trying to get some cash now before they have to firesale the 2012's. Silverado also gets a redesign in 2014, so the 2015 F-150 better have a few new tricks up its sleeve.

RAM 1500 gets a major redesign for 2013; they're trying to get some cash now before they have to firesale the 2012's. Silverado also gets a redesign in 2014, so the 2015 F-150 better have a few new tricks up its sleeve.

I think a lease payment of $117 / month for a $37,000 truck would be the definition of fire sale - :) If I needed a truck, Dodge or not that is to good to pass up. New car with insurance for under $200 a month.

Also does anyone know if the 2013 Ram crew has a flat floor in the back now?