HELP, Warranty & Dealer Problems!

JA442

I am very upset with an experience I am having with Ford and a dealership. I went out into my garage yesterday morning to get into my 2010 Expedition EL 4x4 and when I opened the passenger side front door the power running board kind of jerked and made a horrible squealing sound and then upon closing the door it would not go back up with out my pushing it back up and it squealed as well. I took it to a dealer close by and they said yes it has to be replaced and that a new one would be coming. I also asked about pulsating warped brake disks that have already had to be turned once about a year ago under warranty and was told that brakes are not covered under warranty. The truck has 29,000 miles on it and I am the original owner. OK, so this morning the service rep calls and says that all repairs over $75 are required to be submitted to Ford for warranty claims and that pictures of a scatch on the front of the running board caused Ford tech to deny the warrany claim. I went immediately to the garage to check for said scratch and am amazed that a scuff on the front of a deviced constantly stepped on every time a passenger exits or enters the vehicle is what casued them to deny the claim. I just got off the phone with customer service who basically relayed the same message and said I could get a second opinion but photos don't lie and that Ford would deny it from them most likely as well. I asked to contact a regional rep and was told there was no one other than his supervisor I could speak to. I am totally amazed and very frusterated. This is my second Expedition and I talked my wife into a 2011 explorer last year with a combined value of over $90K in ford vehicle purchases and this is the kind of response I get. Is there anything I can do that would result in a different more satisfying outcome? I have had the vehicle in for many different warrany items since I bought it in October of 2010 and maybe Ford decided they have spent enough on it. Please help me!

Jason

I am very upset with an experience I am having with Ford and a dealership. I went out into my garage yesterday morning to get into my 2010 Expedition EL 4x4 and when I opened the passenger side front door the power running board kind of jerked and made a horrible squealing sound and then upon closing the door it would not go back up with out my pushing it back up and it squealed as well. I took it to a dealer close by and they said yes it has to be replaced and that a new one would be coming. I also asked about pulsating warped brake disks that have already had to be turned once about a year ago under warranty and was told that brakes are not covered under warranty. The truck has 29,000 miles on it and I am the original owner. OK, so this morning the service rep calls and says that all repairs over $75 are required to be submitted to Ford for warranty claims and that pictures of a scatch on the front of the running board caused Ford tech to deny the warrany claim. I went immediately to the garage to check for said scratch and am amazed that a scuff on the front of a deviced constantly stepped on every time a passenger exits or enters the vehicle is what casued them to deny the claim. I just got off the phone with customer service who basically relayed the same message and said I could get a second opinion but photos don't lie and that Ford would deny it from them most likely as well. I asked to contact a regional rep and was told there was no one other than his supervisor I could speak to. I am totally amazed and very frusterated. This is my second Expedition and I talked my wife into a 2011 explorer last year with a combined value of over $90K in ford vehicle purchases and this is the kind of response I get. Is there anything I can do that would result in a different more satisfying outcome? I have had the vehicle in for many different warrany items since I bought it in October of 2010 and maybe Ford decided they have spent enough on it. Please help me!

Jason

I would have another dealership look at it. How the dealer reports it to Ford has a big influence on their decision. Just be honest about what Ford has said to this point. Sometimes what the dealers says they did and what they actually did are different and another dealer may be able to convince Ford to cover it. At least you'll know you exhausted your options.

UPDATE

I took the Expedition to my normal dealer and we spent 1.5 hours going over the truck on the rack and the service manager and the techs cannot imagine or see why Ford is denying warranty as there is no damage other then road rash. We looked in the system and apparently the 1st dealer who filed the claim (I have never had the truck to this dealer and only did because its a 1/4 mile from my house) recommended that Ford deny the claim for damage when there is obviously none and even submitted photos supposedly of what I do not know! We took photos as well and the service manager is going to resubmit the claim and try to fight for me on it. Also just for fun the electric motor that makes these things deploy & retract is $1695 from Ford! WTF!!!

UPDATE

I took the Expedition to my normal dealer and we spent 1.5 hours going over the truck on the rack and the service manager and the techs cannot imagine or see why Ford is denying warranty as there is no damage other then road rash. We looked in the system and apparently the 1st dealer who filed the claim (I have never had the truck to this dealer and only did because its a 1/4 mile from my house) recommended that Ford deny the claim for damage when there is obviously none and even submitted photos supposedly of what I do not know! We took photos as well and the service manager is going to resubmit the claim and try to fight for me on it. Also just for fun the electric motor that makes these things deploy & retract is $1695 from Ford! WTF!!!

Like I said........