Fuel mileage

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've driven several of these trucks across country on the interstate system. With both the 3.31 and 18" tires and the 3.55 and 20" and gotten almost identical mileage.

Set the cruise at 80 mph and drive 1000 miles and I'll avg 18.0 to 18.5 depending on the temps, headwinds, and grades

I've gotten as high as 23 mpg when sticking with 65 mph

Towing is anywhere between 10 and 12 and around town avg 14

• 4 months later...
Do you think that it is worth putting a performance chip? They say you can eek out another 5 or 6 MPG? Anyone using these on the new 6.7L deisel?

No. And you won't get 5 or 6 more MPG. Maybe 1, 2 if you are extremely lucky and drive like a grandma and don't mind breaking the law to remove the DPF.

I was wanting to remove the DPF on my '08, but I've since decided that it's not worth the risk, nor the $1500-$2k for a DPF delete tuner (that are extremely hard to find now) and the other bits to do it.

What is the average fuel mileage for the 2012 6.7 liter diesel with 4wd and crew cab? Interstate and highway?

I have the 2012 F-250 Supercab (not to be confused with Super Crew cab) FX-4 with 20" wheel option, 3.55 electronic locking differential and Longbed......all of these options will make a difference in mileage (rear diff., wheel size, bed size, etc.).

I've been accused on more than one occassion of being an aggressive driver (also makes a huge difference). Empty (with my Delta tool chest loaded and my 5th wheel hitch and a heavy duty rubber bed mat all in the bed of the truck).....I get 15 1/2 mpg. here in the city. Pulling my 5th wheel and the truck bed loaded (two generators, folding camp table, air compressor, etc.) I get approx. 13 mpg.

7877713496_872c6b3c02_c.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I have the 2012 F-250 Supercab (not to be confused with Super Crew cab) FX-4 with 20" wheel option, 3.55 electronic locking differential and Longbed......all of these options will make a difference in mileage (rear diff., wheel size, bed size, etc.).

I've been accused on more than one occassion of being an aggressive driver (also makes a huge difference). Empty (with my Delta tool chest loaded and my 5th wheel hitch and a heavy duty rubber bed mat all in the bed of the truck).....I get 15 1/2 mpg. here in the city. Pulling my 5th wheel and the truck bed loaded (two generators, folding camp table, air compressor, etc.) I get approx. 13 mpg.

7877713496_872c6b3c02_c.jpg

Beautiful truck and I would also be happy with the fuel mileage.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm running the same 3:55 ratio as the poster above in a 2011 F350. I now have 76k on it. Driving 80 on interstates get 16.7 all day long. If I drive 65 it's 19+ mpg. I have a 43ft. toyhauler that's 17k loaded. Towing it 60 mph I get 12mpg. at 70mph I get about 10mpg towing. The worst I ever got was 8mpg hammering through Colorado all the mountains (Eisenhower Tunnel).

Edited by JACKAL_SOF