2015 Mustang??

PJ111

I think (hope?) the actual car will have more Mustang queues than the evos photoshops I have been seeing. I little longer more squared up trunk and back end. I think many of the guesses I am seeing do not look Mustang enough. We shall see....

In my opinion you need to maintain some signature look for the car.

Like the signature look of the fox bodies compared to the Mustang II? :headscratch:

It will undoubtedly have some Mustang cues, but I'm really hoping it loses the forward canted snout amongst other things that have been around too long now.

I thought Ford noted that the EVOs is part Fusion and part Mustang.

Yeah, it was a coupe. That's what made it part Mustang. I don't think Ford is going to tip its hand as to what a vehicle is going to look like more than two years prior to its introduction. The Evos was much more a Fusion teaser than a Mustang one. The styling language will have evolved by then.

Eh. I get the feeling that all these people thinking the next gen Mustang is going to look like the Evos concept are going to be disappointed.

I have a feeling you're wrong.. Because Ford has said the retro Mustang is done... And have given a detailed description, albeit without pictures of the design. They mention evos and Aston Martin

design elements to it. That's from upper management, not Ford fanboy's like ytou and me. Just saying, prepare to be shocked!

• 1 month later...

Doesn't say "Mustang" to me.

The first two images at the start of this thread do say Mustang, the rear says it's a bit of a "me too" Camaro treatment though.

All the other images devolve to a point of being non-Mustang in a serious progression of straying from the program.

I do approve of the attempt at shorter overhangs (a bit snouty though), and hips or bulges over and at the side of the rear wheels add some sexy curves to the typical Mustang box.

if the new mustang looks anything like the images presented here (and everywhere else the bloggers are guessing at the new mustang look), i will most definatly be shocked and dissapointed.

On the road todday, the mustang is one of the few vehicles that is unique, much like the porshe 911. why would ford want to lose that, making a car that looks just like every any number of asian cars with just a few minor headlight design differences?

simply taking a few mustang cues and tacking them onto a toyota does not make the car a mustang. This should not be a matter of losing the 'retro' look. The whole 'retro' look bit is what makes the mustang a mustang, and it should not be seen as 'retro',

rather it should be seen as the design of the car and simply updated, improved on, tweeked the way porsche has done with the 911.

if ford wants to make a car that has the design presented here, great, some of them are pretty nice, but none of them are mustangs, all of them lose the connection to the history and all of them simply blend in with every other sports coupe out there like

beige blends in to tan.

just my .02

well ... .03

• 4 weeks later...

The edmunds car looks like a good candidate. At least the front end does. As car manufacturers like to keep their lineup recognizable, the styling cues on the new fusion, focus, and escape front ends will probably transfer to the mustang. You probably shouldn't expect to have your doors blown off when it lands.

I'm imagining a fusion styled front end, with a BRZ shaped body, and classic mustang styling cues. What I am really drooling over is the lighter weight and IRS. If those make it to the car, it is going to be a seriously capable car, even more so than it is now. The car magazines won't be pitting this car against camaros and 370Z's, it'll go up against 911's and M3's.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i really hope irs is not coming back, i had a 99 cobra, and it was terrible with wheel hop and half shafts when it was stock. cant imangine it with todays power

I'm afraid IRS is a done deal in the 2015..So hopefully it will be a much better design than the 1999 Cobra.

• 1 month later...