paint peeling 2008 expeidtion

pony power

I have a 2008 black limited about 6 months ago I notice my paint was starting to bubble on the lift gate and on the hood, so I took it to the dealer yestreday to see if there was anything they would do for me considering the vehicle is only 4 years old. They took pictures and gave me an estimate to repair it ($956.15) I was told they would send the pictures to the district rep and they would get back to me. Well the answer was no I'm on my own.

I wonder how many others have had this issue here and what if anything did you do to resolve it

I have a 2008 black limited about 6 months ago I notice my paint was starting to bubble on the lift gate and on the hood, so I took it to the dealer yestreday to see if there was anything they would do for me considering the vehicle is only 4 years old. They took pictures and gave me an estimate to repair it ($956.15) I was told they would send the pictures to the district rep and they would get back to me. Well the answer was no I'm on my own.

I wonder how many others have had this issue here and what if anything did you do to resolve it

I think paint peel on the lift gate around the handle, window well, and edges is an issue because it is an aluminum skin(right?) to reduce weight. And I think it is fairly common. Our '08 has it next to the handle in one spot about the size of a nickel. It's bubbling, but not flaking...yet. I have been watching it but in my opinion, fixing is not worth the cost of repair. One nice thing about the fix I guess is that all they'll have to do is pull the door off at the hinge, prep, and paint. Pretty easy for body work but still a hassle for us owners.

• 4 months later...

I have an '07 that has rust bubbling around the silver trim piece on the lift gate as well as a couple of spots along the bottom edge. I took it to the local body shop and they want $600 to repaint the lift gate. He told me he sees this rust issue on expys all the time. He also said the reason for the rust around the silver trim piece was that it cut into the paint when it was installed. Go figure....