Cars.com/USA TODAY/MotorWeek $16,000 Subcompact Shootout

mettech

USA Today/Motor Week/Cars.com

: "The transmission is sure to turn off many shoppers," Wiesenfelder says. "It never seems to get in the gear that I want it to be," Robinson says, "and it changes as soon as it gets there." Space: "Cramped" in front and back, says Healey. "The driver's seat didn't adjust back enough for my 5-foot-11 frame, the thick consoles and the center console limit knee room, and the cramped backseat will leave passengers wishing they had driven separately," says Mays. Noise levels.

Bottom line: "The Fiesta looks good inside and out," Newman says, "but put it on the road, and the driver is bound to be disappointed."

A B-segment vehicle is cramped inside? Say it ain't so!! :runaway:

It's all relative. Compared to say, commercial vans, any B-segment vehicle will be cramped inside. But within the B-segment, there's significant variation in terms of usuable interior space. Honda Fit, for instance, has a lot more of it than Fiesta or Mazda 2.

It's all relative. Compared to say, commercial vans, any B-segment vehicle will be cramped inside. But within the B-segment, there's significant variation in terms of usuable interior space. Honda Fit, for instance, has a lot more of it than Fiesta or Mazda 2.

As it should. The Fit is really a different type of vehicle than the Fiesta or Mazda2. :shrug:

• Like 1

As it should. The Fit is really a different type of vehicle than the Fiesta or Mazda2. :shrug:

The Fit is more of a utility wagon like the B-Max rather than the Fiesta sedan or hatchback.

Some people value room and utility and others will value sporty driving. For some reason all of these reviews focus on utility rather than sportiness and I'm not sure why.

The Fit is more of a utility wagon like the B-Max rather than the Fiesta sedan or hatchback.

Some people value room and utility and others will value sporty driving. For some reason all of these reviews focus on utility rather than sportiness and I'm not sure why.

Corvette, Mustang, 911, = ?

Sonic, Fiesta, Fit, Accent, Rio, Versa, Yaris = ?

Calling the Fiesta, Fit, Accent, RIo a "sporty" car is like calling a 'Vett a "people mover"..

• Like 1

Corvette, Mustang, 911, = ?

Sonic, Fiesta, Fit, Accent, Rio, Versa, Yaris = ?

Calling the Fiesta, Fit, Accent, RIo a "sporty" car is like calling a 'Vett a "people mover"..

:rolleyes:

Sporty for its class. I figured that part would go without saying. Guess not. In comparison to the world's top supercars, the Mustang (even the GT500) isn't particularly "sporty". Apples to apples.

Edited by NickF1011

:eyeroll:

Sporty for its class.

Exactly. There are a lot of (mostly) young people who want a sporty driving vehicle and don't really care about utility - those are the ones buying Fiestas and Mazda2s, etc. The family haulers or single people who aren't into driving dynamics are the ones flocking to the Fit and Versa.

The Fiesta ST is coming. I rest my case.

Exactly. There are a lot of (mostly) young people who want a sporty driving vehicle and don't really care about utility - those are the ones buying Fiestas and Mazda2s, etc. The family haulers or single people who aren't into driving dynamics are the ones flocking to the Fit and Versa.

One factor in the Honda Fit's continued appeal is the combination of excellent interior packaging & layout and good driving dynamics. As with other reviews of B-segment cars, the Cars.com/USA Today/MotorWeek comparison highlighted this.

One factor in the Honda Fit's continued appeal is the combination of excellent interior packaging & layout and good driving dynamics. As with other reviews of B-segment cars, the Cars.com/USA Today/MotorWeek comparison highlighted this.

According to many of the reviews, the word "and" appears to be missing in the Fiesta.

• 1 month later...

After my earlier post, I noticed my neighbor's daughter has a Fiesta hatch as a rental. Since my wife and I are considering buying one, I asked if she'd take me for a short ride. She did and I was impressed, It had decent pickup for what it is and I didn't notice any odd behavior from the transmission. The engine is a bit noisier than our 08 Focus but not bad at all.

• 8 months later...