Team Leader God complex

EdselBryantFord

Seams like anytime some one has to use the bathroom the voiced displeasure is almost at the point of calling the union/labor/anyone who will listen to the crying, let alone if someone has to go to medical, when all hell breaks loose, (swearing, threats, etc). Are the actions required to become a team leader? or just part of not thinking you get paid by the hour?

Any one ever deal with this effectively?

• Like 2

Seams like anytime some one has to use the bathroom the voiced displeasure is almost at the point of calling the union/labor/anyone who will listen to the crying, let alone if someone has to go to medical, when all hell breaks loose, (swearing, threats, etc). Are the actions required to become a team leader? or just part of not thinking you get paid by the hour?

Any one ever deal with this effectively?

No. Because team leaders ARE chosen by god. Learn to live with it. If you often need to pee, check out the product called DEPENDS or an equivalent. And show some respect for the chosen ones. Goodness knows what you think about committee people... B)

Edited by daveyb
  • Like 1

This was another wedge the company put in to disrupt everything. I knew when they first started it, this was going to be a problem. I am in the trades and, now they have installed trade leaders and,coordinators.

We are a little more seasoned and, do not put up with the same type of shit you poor people on the line have to. It will all come to a screeching halt one day (I hope). Let the jackoffs in white shirts try and, run the place.

• Like 3

No. Because team leaders ARE chosen by god. Learn to live with it. If you often need to pee, check out the product called DEPENDS or an equivalent. And show some respect for the chosen ones. Goodness knows what you think about committee people... B)

well sine its only about once every six months that i use the bathroom via the the god, i think i'll deal with it and the associated meetings and such, seams kind of childish though, it took longer for him to call the union, supervisor and any one else who would listen to him bitch than it did for me to goto the bathroom.

• Like 2

Reading all these posts about other plants and all the issues I can see why over a 1,000 signed up to come to LAP. It truely sounds like you people work for a different company. :D

We do. It's a company where you gotta beg to use it. Hopefully your toilets are plentiful, near, and you can use them before any internal damage occurs. :shades:

• Like 1

If you're talking about Team Leaders at DTP /Body Shop there was meeting last Jan with Management telling the team leaders to call out people on the line that seem to be a problem. It include people wanting bathroom and passes to medical. The union attended this meeting and my friend recorded on his phone what was said in there which was that management needs to know who the people are so they can disapline/write them up for being a disruption in the plant. The Union sat in the meeting not saying anything because the team leaders loved it and agreed to do it.

The sad part is, now you have employees that need relief, and team leaders are ratting those people out to make it sound like those people have problems and are misusing the system. The Union and local is full well aware of the issue that of team leaders and how they divide the workers and cause problems. Problems meaning (Time off, terminations), when I say terminations, 3 people were setup by supervision to be terminated and the union went along with it backing up the company.

Ask yourself will you be next?

My Guess is YES.

• Like 2

If you're talking about Team Leaders at DTP /Body Shop there was meeting last Jan with Management telling the team leaders to call out people on the line that seem to be a problem. It include people wanting bathroom and passes to medical. The union attended this meeting and my friend recorded on his phone what was said in there which was that management needs to know who the people are so they can disapline/write them up for being a disruption in the plant. The Union sat in the meeting not saying anything because the team leaders loved it and agreed to do it.

The sad part is, now you have employees that need relief, and team leaders are ratting those people out to make it sound like those people have problems and are misusing the system. The Union and local is full well aware of the issue that of team leaders and how they divide the workers and cause problems. Problems meaning (Time off, terminations), when I say terminations, 3 people were setup by supervision to be terminated and the union went along with it backing up the company.

My Guess is YES.

Chuckie you bitched so bad about body and got fired. STFU. Body isn't as bad as trim you'd be a medical case there too. Enjoy your 'termination' maybe it'll make you appreciate your job a little more when you come back.

• Like 1

you are right on, where is the democratic process???

Like when we had Utility people ?

It would be different if we still had both Utility and Team Leaders, but we do not anymore. So should we vote on all promotional bids? is that really what you are suggesting?

Like when we had Utility people ?

It would be different if we still had both Utility and Team Leaders, but we do not anymore. So should we vote on all promotional bids? is that really what you are suggesting?

who said anything about ALL promotinal bids? nobody but you. pretty big jump you made there.

• Like 1

My Guess is YES.

so If your working for four hours and have to urinate its a disruption, is breathing going to be a disruption?

if your getting hasseled to goto medical or the bathroom and its legit, seams like the team leader might need some discipline under a harassment free work place!

• Like 2

who said anything about ALL promotinal bids? nobody but you. pretty big jump you made there.

Is the team leader position a promotional bid or not ?

Not a far reach just the facts, sorry if you do not see it that way.

So what should we only use the promotional bid procedure for all jobs except the one that pays the most in every US Plant?

At DTP

MP&L -- $28.39

PFA's are at $28.48

PFT's - $28.59

Team Leaders are payed over $29

How is that not considered a promotional bid?

pro·mo·tion

   [pruh-moh-shuhn] Show IPA

noun

advancement in rank or position.

furtherance or encouragement.

the act of promoting.

the state of being promoted.

something devised to publicize or advertise a product, cause, institution, etc., as a brochure, free sample, poster, television or radio commercial, or personal appearance.

I guess I am just missing what your argument is here.I will repeat, if we still had untility positions there would be no issue, but since the Team Leaders are now a combined classification with unility duties of years past.

Easy sollution reinstate the use of both Team Leaders and Utility persons and I then could fully support elections for team leaders if they get paid the same as line workers, until that happens (not holding my breath) its a damn promotional bid job plain and simple.

Edited by lquidspine

if your getting hasseled to goto medical or the bathroom and its legit, seams like the team leader might need some discipline under a harassment free work place!

Your right, but lets also say this, who's right is it to determine weather or not a medical pass or bathroom break is legit or not? Lets take a medical pass for example. If a team leader or someone on the line says someone is misusing the medical system, how do they know?

Can they prove?

Do they have documents?

Do they have witnesses?

Do they have medical records?

Are they a doctor?

Are they qualified to make such a determination?

the answer to it all is NO. so if an individual asks to go to medical and a team leader gets tired of covering for them, the only recourse a team leader has, is to try and setup the worker so that the worker gets time off. The company will go a long with that as a justification (not on paper) to accuse the worker of doing things such as swearing at people, fighting, making threats, returning late to the line, walking off the line 1 minute before the bell yadda yadda yadda. The team leaders are now in cahoots with the committee in the plant, and the company to benefit all their ends.

So now you have a team leader that is very well hated and most of them are anyway at this point because they don't do their jobs, so I don't think they should get paid any more either.

My answer to all that is to

GET THEM BEFORE THEY GET YOU

THERE ARE MANY WAYS TO SKIN A TEAM LEADER'S CAT

Edited by morepie
  • Like 1

The point was that it shouldnt be a bid job, and that it should be like it was where we elected them or booted them.

The current fact is though they make more per hour than pfa or pft classifications, not following the bid process only opens the door to favortism.

There is a removal process in both Final/paint unit and Body shop unit. The sad truth is most people bitch about the team leaders on the line and with co-workers but when it comes down to putting it on paper most people that bitch end up withdrawing or dont want to put it on record the issues they have with their team leaders.

I will not try and say there are not alot of shity team leaders, but without people willing to stand up the union and company can not do anything about those that do more damage to their teams than good.

However another fact even if Team leaders were to go down to a none promotional job bid, only seniority would matter in those cases there is language on both. Deviate from the language and there is greater chance at favortism.

My suggestion would be if people have a legit problem with their team leaders follow the process within the contract, and dont back down if the claims are real.

Edited by lquidspine
  • Like 5

The current fact is though they make more per hour than pfa or pft classifications, not following the bid process only opens the door to favortism.

There is a removal process in both Final/paint unit and Body shop unit. The sad truth is most people bitch about the team leaders on the line and with co-workers but when it comes down to putting it on paper most people that bitch end up withdrawing or dont want to put it on record the issues they have with their team leaders.

I will not try and say there are not alot of shity team leaders, but without people willing to stand up the union and company can not do anything about those that do more damage to their teams than good.

However another fact even if Team leaders were to go down to a none promotional job bid, only seniority would matter in those cases there is language on both. Deviate from the language and there is greater chance at favortism.

My suggestion would be if people have a legit problem with their team leaders follow the process within the contract, and dont back down if the claims are real.

I have worked in many plants. I have seen all three different ways team leaders earn their position. The god complex is most common when they are appointed or bid on the job. Team leaders that are elected on a yearly basis do a much better job period. The nightmares i hear about dearborn are unbelievable. team leaders should not take attendance they should not give out job assignments and your vacation or personal time should not be at the mercy of a team leader. That is all managements job. A team leader should work for you and one that is elected does a much better job if he or she knows they will lose their $1.50 an hr. and be voted out for getting the god complex. Elections are the easiest way to get rid of a shitty team leader.

• Like 2

I have worked in many plants. I have seen all three different ways team leaders earn their position. The god complex is most common when they are appointed or bid on the job. Team leaders that are elected on a yearly basis do a much better job period. The nightmares i hear about dearborn are unbelievable. team leaders should not take attendance they should not give out job assignments and your vacation or personal time should not be at the mercy of a team leader. That is all managements job. A team leader should work for you and one that is elected does a much better job if he or she knows they will lose their $1.50 an hr. and be voted out for getting the god complex. Elections are the easiest way to get rid of a shitty team leader.

Elections are not honored because the company wants one guy to remain in there. never mind what the people on the line says.

• 2 weeks later...

another god issue, so team god/leader tells one guy that we are going ten hours so on his break, the last one, he can go home, he told him almost a half hour before he told the rest of the team that we were going ten hours, sounds like the team god, has chosen some over others. favoritism? is this a quality our team leader should exude? or the other issues like blaming his team members for break downs, does he not think we don't talk to each other?

My Guess is YES.

the team leaders in the body shop building give their girlfriends and buddies bathroom(smoking) breaks all the time, then you need one and you cant find a leader anywhere?-------as far as im concerned they might as well be management positions because in body they are all pro company and have their heads up managements ass = top priority-----been told paint has the same shit going on =boss ass kissers

Edited by usedtobe898