Old timers...

slingshot

Goofing around the 'net and saw this site... and few familiar names. Just stopped by to say Hi and see if any of the old crew ('99 Cobra guys) were here. I'm still messing around with the coupe--just ordered a built Transking 'glide and PTC converter to go with the upgraded heads/ Ed Curtis cam/J&E pistons (don't ask why I had to replace them... ). Shooting for around 750 rwhp and solid 9's with decent street manners. Later...

Hey, you old codgers.

I'm still sporting the 99 cobra.

It now has a KB blower and puffing

about 500 flywheel hp. I added a

Cervini hood, alum d/s, & flywheel.

373 gears and a new set of wheels.

I'll try to make some cruise-ins.

I'm sure I would like to see some

of the new Shelbys.

Railroad, glad to see you're still around. I still have the Rio Red 99 rear cover, scoops and side skirts, yours if you want them. Don't know if you heard, the big third Sat night cruise-in is now in the Springville Wally World right off 59 exit 164 (?). Petty good sized crowds.

Jim Skinner has been after my 03, told him make me an offer and a written guarantee for a left over 07 or first run 08 500. He just smiled, they believe the $10K - $15K mark up will hold for that long! I told them I think it will run the same as the 03s. Couldn't touch an 03 down here for less than $5K above through the end of the year but when he had six sitting on the show room floor the price came down. He ended up whole saling three of them to make room for the 04s!

5 poster and 3 of us from Bham... I'm still around, I bet I haven't put 1k miles on my car in the past 3 years tho, just turned 28k on it recently. I have seriously considering selling it lately if I could get the right price and wait on an 08 Shelby. We shall see what happens, I may list it on Autotrader.com and see if I get any bites..

You 2 let me know if you plan on attending a cruise-in and I'll make plans to attend

Bad Pony, try to make them all but.........hope to at the one in Springville on the 19th. Will just be back from a trip to WI for the wife's family reunion. Will run the Bird up there, nice road car, just not much trunk space.

Have 29K on the 03 now. Put a post fix 99 exhaust system on it and didn't like it, had to come back off, just too quiet. The flows give too much cool to the car and really make it say "HELLO"!

Arab checking in, semi old timer here... well I am an old timer, just did no have a 99, had MarkVIII's and hung around for the info, Have an 04 Mystic Vert that I picked up in 04/04. Made a Dyno Day at walker's a year and a half ago with it.

I was there I think pvt... or maybe I was there the next dyno day and saw a 04 mystic coupe..can't remember... I took my 04 F150 Lariat 5.4 there back during the winter. All I have added is a Magnaflow SIDO muffler and a Superchips flash. I picked up 47hp and 57tq from those 2 mods giving me 347hp and 422tq.. I surprised I've done only that to it :)

I will try to make the 19th. Yes Bill, I am definitely interested in

the 99 parts. Yeah, pvteye and BP, I remember the dyno day.

Maybe the new 07 Shel's will put some stock 03 and 04's on the

market. I think they are the best.

OK, guys the 19th. Is that at the Wallyworld?

I'm still here, not as much as before because everyone seems to have lost interest somewhat....

We still have 2 Mustangs, the Project 93 LX 5.0 and the 02 GT Vert.

We ordered our GT500, however the markup here is 15-30K over sticker....not from me though.

My dealer principal has moved my order to the 08 list, as he knows I will not pay over MSRP.

We ordered a 2007 Sport Trac Ltd, V8 with every option but the heated windshield...8/7/06 is Job 2 they tell me, so we should be getting the truck in late Aug or early Sept I guess....

Got X-Plan + any applicable rebates etc, when it gets here.

Health issues and daily schedule stuff forced me to step back from bikes at this point, other than the race bikes at the shop. Last gasp was another 9.91 @ 146.23 mph dash at the track on the 2003 GXSR 1000...

What an adrenaline rush that thing was. My older son bought it, but is still uncomfortable with it and wants me to buy it back.....tempting, but NO.

I am selling my boots, leathers and helmet to avoid temptation.....I am weak.....

I am still considering a Terminator as a toy, it can be very close powerwise etc to a new GT 500, but wife wants a Roush Stage lll as the toy of choice....I will be poking around that later after we get the truck.

I would prefer a Mach 1 to a Terminator for my personal toy and have one sort of promised if it gets sold.

I miss the camaraderie and harassment we used to receive on a daily basis.....let's give it a try.....insult someone, like HITMAN, I miss our tactical nuke guy.........always entertaining with a great bullshit detector.. :happy feet:

later guys

John

In case any of you bama guys are looking...

http://www.hsvracing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11181

Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials

315/35R-17 102V

mounted and balanced on OE Concepts 17 x 10.5 Chrome 04 Cobra's

less than 1000 miles, no burnouts, no track passes. Rims are perfect, no curb rash Over $750 new

$500 marktheeighth2002 at Yahoo dot com

located in Arab svt center caps and spinners do not go, have other center caps though

new wheels and tires on the way, these need to go.

Still Here! Not much to see though. I lurk here from time to time hoping to see some of the "old timers"

I sold my old 99 to Ian Mullane who in turned sold it to Shawn Johnson. Shawn is the current world record holder in the NMRA factory stock class with my old girl! I miss that car...

I am strongly considering an 03-04 Cobra

Hey All!!! Just stopped in to say hi and share some great news, thought I would post here too. I have to sell the 03 because I just found out after 17 years of being with my husband that we are having a baby - woo hoo! :happy feet: Didn't think I could have kids so we resigned ourselves to each other, 2 black labs, some great fast cars and a ton of vacations - I couldn't be happier. Although I am sad about getting rid of the Cobra because I love it so much and needless to say, the Shelby that I have a deposit on is now out of the question - in time. I hope everyone is doing great and if you know anyone who wants to buy my impeccable 03 with 20k miles on it and a Magnafllow, 30k, let me know...Robin

Hey All!!! Just stopped in to say hi and share some great news, thought I would post here too. I have to sell the 03 because I just found out after 17 years of being with my husband that we are having a baby - woo hoo! :happy feet: Didn't think I could have kids so we resigned ourselves to each other, 2 black labs, some great fast cars and a ton of vacations - I couldn't be happier. Although I am sad about getting rid of the Cobra because I love it so much and needless to say, the Shelby that I have a deposit on is now out of the question - in time. I hope everyone is doing great and if you know anyone who wants to buy my impeccable 03 with 20k miles on it and a Magnafllow, 30k, let me know...Robin

I am probably just dreaming out loud, but give me some encouragement.

Color, interior, repair record, problems and eventually we might discuss

price.

thanks,

joe

Unlike my 01 that had $8,000 worth of engine repair at 9,000 miles, this 03 has been an absolute dream for me and I am still trying to figure out how I can keep it and get a family car and keep my 93 LX and our 03 F250 and our 98 Jeep - it's a tough one. My dealership took the 01 back and even traded me the 03. There are no repairs that have been needed, aside from the recall for the carpet plate below the accelerator pedal (see below).

- White with black convertible top, CLEAN

- Charcoal interior with gray suede inserts - the leather still looks brand new with very few creases from wear - CLEAN.

- Cobra floor mats

- Cobra emblem in front grill instead of the horse

- approx 25,000 miles at this point with no plans on drives more than local shopping (today 60k is the avg for 03's)

- Brushed rims, not chrome, a couple dings on 2 rims from misjudging curbs, but nothing visible unless on top of the wheel

- Magnaflow exhaust installed Spring 05 - I will miss the sound of it the most - it rumbles beautifully - original exhaust also

- K&N Filter

- Oil changes every 3k miles, plus general check-ups each time and tire rotations. All tune-ups done at Ford, except for 2 oil changes.

- All 4 tires are new - April 06 - Eagle F1's, only approx 5,000 miles on them, maybe less, I need to look at the work order.

- Rousch cosmetic roll bar still in the box, just never got it installed

- Washed and waxed by my hands - too anal to go to any car wash.

- Driven in the rain, maybe 10 times, never seen snow, salt in the road or anything like that - always garage kept for the entire winter as well as each night

- Recall for plate over carpet under accelerator pedal being done this Friday.

- Driver's side Rubber door plate being replaced this Friday because the studs came out and bent the plate in half, door wouldn't close cleanly - warranty work

- Warranty ends in September

- Bought it brand new and have put almost every mile on it, except for approx 1,000 which were put on by my husband who hates speed and this car - he is 6'1 and thinks it's uncomfortable plus he drives an F250 - so he drives my car very cautiously - it drives me crazy, so he never drives it when I am in the car. Other than that, I don't let anyone drive any of my vehicles!!

- Only one road trip in the car from Jersey to Charlotte, NC this past June 06

- I drive the car the way it's made to be driven - I like speed and being agressive n the highway, but I never burn out, hole shot or anything like that, the tires are too expensive and that's not my style, but if you can catch me on the highway, then we are having fun because that's what I enjoy.

- Fastest speed I have gone in this car is 140 on 5 lane open highway, not something I do often, but have opened up on a number of occassions.

- No accidents, fender benders, body work, paint or anything of the sort

I still have a 93 LX that I bought brand new in 1993 and you can still eat off the seats and carpets. It just hit 100k miles and it is pristine - point is, I take care of my cars and anyone that knows me from Jersey cruises will attest to that.

Let me know if there is anything else you would like to know...Robin

I’m still here and my Cobra is still running strong on the Autobahn. Actually it’s running stronger than ever before after installing a new TB last week.

Right now I’m thinking about buying a ’04 or saving the money for a Shelby.

It’s just hard to find a nice ’04 Cobra convertible for a decent price when you’re sitting in Germany.

Edited by Dirk

Well it is a rare occasion when I stop by anymore - and I use to spend at least 30 minutes to an hour every night checking at BON. Sad, very sad indeed.

I still drive mine every day to work and have around 65K miles racked up. Do have a few problems going no now - the ABS light stays on all the time and can't use 4th gear - grinds really bad when trying to go to 4th so I suspect the synchros are bad or maybe bent shift forks?

Anyways, I am deciding if I want to go get reamed by the local dealer to fix these things or get a transmission on my own and install it. Heck, maybe even upgrade to a 6 speed.

Cheers,

Tim

Edited by mewantcobra