600,000 mile 2000 stang

mbabbitt

Except that ABS warning light ;)

Lotta miles for just over a decade!

abs does not work i tore the sending units off when i put in new bearings on the rearend . i could not get the axels out because the sending unit was in the way ... the sending units would not come out so i broke them .. the best thing that i have done to this car ,was t to rip them out.... i do not need a computer to drive for me ..i do just fine on my own

abs does not work i tore the sending units off when i put in new bearings on the rearend . i could not get the axels out because the sending unit was in the way ... the sending units would not come out so i broke them .. the best thing that i have done to this car ,was t to rip them out.... i do not need a computer to drive for me ..i do just fine on my own

I would agree on a lot of things when it comes to unnecessary safety features that have been implemented on the modern automobile, but ABS is definitely not one of them.

I would agree on a lot of things when it comes to unnecessary safety features that have been implemented on the modern automobile, but ABS is definitely not one of them.

On the other hand, that's a remarkable number of miles mbabbitt accumulated on his Mustang without being involved in a significant wreck. This suggests he is a very judicious and skilled driver that will indeed do fine even without ABS. :shades:

On the other hand, that's a remarkable number of miles mbabbitt accumulated on his Mustang without being involved in a significant wreck. This suggests he is a very judicious and skilled driver that will indeed do fine even without ABS. :shades:

Or he was lucky and never came across the need for ABS to save his backside. :shades:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What have you had to replace to get to that distance? I'm guessing you've been through a whole bunch of tires in that distance. How often do you change the oil? Full synthetic? It seems like a lot of the really high mileage people get a lot more life out of components than regular people.

There's a guy on one of the Civic forums that has over 700,000 on a 2006 Civic. He's getting ready to put in the 3rd transmission and swapped out the engine when he did the 1st tranny replacement even though the engine was still going so I don't really consider it a 700,000 mile car. Still it's amazing just how much life he gets out of car components compared to normal drivers. He does 25,000 mi oil changes on full synthetic (interval based on lab oil samples) and runs 40,000 mi tires to about 80,000. I guess you wear things different when you do 700+ miles of driving a day at highway speeds.

That guy's experience with his Civic didn't do anything to endear me to mine. I also learned from that forum that my current car (2002 Civic auto) has big transmission design flaws. Can't wait for my 2013 Escape to come in!

• 1 month later...