Ford's 2011 sales

December is always a huge truck sales month. This is the month where accountants tell all the small business contractors, plumbers, electricians etc. - spend it or lose it to tax!

Good point. I noticed E-Van, TC, and Ranger sales were way up also. That certainly explains the spike in sales in those areas. I know that in January fleet sales do well again while retail sales crater. January is not a good month for anyone except the Detroit Auto Show and Downtown Detroit as hotels and restaurants are packed. :happy feet:

Ranger sales up 27% year over year. It will be interesting to see where former Ranger customers go.

The only logical replacement for the small pickup called Ranger............................is the Focus.

The MKX was Lincoln's bestseller for December. I get a kick out of the MKT, they sold less than 6K for the year.

Bububububu.......it makes money and stuff...

Edited by Boss444
  • Like 1

Ford had a decent month...and a good close to the year.

Actually, I think the whole industry did well, which is good to see. Chrysler has an absolutely fantastic December which is great to see. Their products are certainly deserving of the success. Their retail sales increased 45% and was the best in 4 years!

My link

F Trucks came so close to 600,000 sales, 68,000 sales in December is a remarkable achievement and bodes well for 2012

Very impressive, and very gratifying following the F-150's Motor Trend Truck of the Year award and a repeat win of Bobit Media's "Fleet Truck of the Year" honor! Those sales figures exceed the totals for more than a few entire auto brands. :happy feet:

Ford had a decent month...and a good close to the year.

Actually, I think the whole industry did well, which is good to see. Chrysler has an absolutely fantastic December which is great to see. Their products are certainly deserving of the success. Their retail sales increased 45% and was the best in 4 years!

My link

Thats because Chrysler had become the manufacturing arm for Alamo and Enterprise and, and, and........................

It is easy to show huge percentage increases in retail sales, when you hardly had any.

"We sold 400% more retail this year than last. Selling those 4 retail, instead of 1 really shows how much progress we are making!!!!"

Whats even sadder is the overall Lincoln sales YTD. Pathetic comes to mind even though they are up for the year. Fix it or kill it now.

This before any of the redesigned or even refreshed products have been launched yet? :redcard: Getting tired of this crap. If in another 2 years (you know, when they actually have some of the new product we've been promised) they are still showing no signs of life, then maybe you'd have an argument here.

The fact that they showed any increase with their current product is pretty miraculous in my opinion.

• Like 1

Rangers lost money, bye bye. Why keep a whole plant open for Orkin and lose money?? Ford is not a Socialized Public utility that is a 'jobs program'.

BTW, the Toyota Tacoma is somewhat bigger than the old Ranger, and possibly cuts into Tundra sales, which Ford can't afford to do to the F series.

And, small car buyers are cheap, cheap, cheap, and buy Chevy Sonic/Aveos with huge rebates, but Ford is better off not dumping Fiestas at a loss.

Edited by 630land
  • Like 1

Whats even sadder is the overall Lincoln sales YTD. Pathetic comes to mind even though they are up for the year. Fix it or kill it now.

Is your name Rip Van Winkle? Where the hell ya been? The Lincoln makeover has been talked to death on this forum every which way. Ford is only about one year into refurbishing the Lincoln brand. Look at it another way. Considering how moribund the brand is right now, it's amazing that they sold almost as many luxury vehicles in 2011 as 2010 and they don't even have the Town Car anymore as St. Thomas was closed 5 months ago. Revisit the brand as far as sales go in 2013. They only danger is hopefully sales don't get too low and 2012 means a few more sales than 2011 with MCE MKS, MKT, livery version, and new MKZ later in year in time for Holiday Season, 2012.

This before any of the redesigned or even refreshed products have been launched yet? :redcard: Getting tired of this crap. If in another 2 years (you know, when they actually have some of the new product we've been promised) they are still showing no signs of life, then maybe you'd have an argument here.

The fact that they showed any increase with their current product is pretty miraculous in my opinion.

I have little interest in Lincoln but how long has this been going on? They are dragging Ford down while Ford lets bread and butter products go by the wayside. I hated to see Merc go but if Lincoln dies I wont shed a single tear. Lincoln barely has a pulse right now. Do you honestly think they are making money? I dont. It is miraculous they had an increase given the products.

• Like 1

I have little interest in Lincoln but how long has this been going on? They are dragging Ford down while Ford lets bread and butter products go by the wayside. I hated to see Merc go but if Lincoln dies I wont shed a single tear. Lincoln barely has a pulse right now. Do you honestly think they are making money? I dont. It is miraculous they had an increase given the products.

Ring ring!! It's for you, it's the clue phone! You should probably answer this one...

How long? Hmm. Not even a year? I don't see how they are "dragging Ford down" given the platform and powertrain similarities.

As for making money, if they weren't, they'd have already been gone. Do you think Cadillac makes significantly more money for GM only selling 60,000 units per year more?

Edited by NickF1011

You mean like the 2011 Fiesta, the all new 2012 Focus, the all new 2013 Escape already shown, the all new 2013 Fusion to be shown next week, and the all new Explorer already selling strongly? Are those the vehicles going by the wayside? You truly are Rip Van Winkle, aren't you? Go back and read all the threads on new Ford products please. I know it's hard to keep up with them.

Mercury was just badges/grilles stuck on a Ford body, and buyers caught on ages ago. Now Ford is selling 'Titanium' trim level cars fairly well.

And 'Ford lets [products] fall by the wayside'? Are you stuck in 2008? or maybe 1978? F Series is 'bread and butter' for sure and has not at all 'fallen'.

I have little interest in Lincoln but how long has this been going on? They are dragging Ford down while Ford lets bread and butter products go by the wayside.

Rubbish, Ford brand has been lavished with products and they are still coming, you can see where the cash has been spent,

I hated to see Merc go but if Lincoln dies I wont shed a single tear. Lincoln barely has a pulse right now. Do you honestly think they are making money? I dont. It is miraculous they had an increase given the products.

Given Mulally's edict that every vehicle sold will make a profit and with that,

I'd say there are compelling reasons not to get in front of the Boss, wouldn't you?

Mercury was just badges/grilles stuck on a Ford body, and buyers caught on ages ago. Now Ford is selling 'Titanium' trim level cars fairly well.

And 'Ford lets [products] fall by the wayside'? Are you stuck in 2008? or maybe 1978? F Series is 'bread and butter' for sure and has not at all 'fallen'.

I miss Mercury also, and was upset about its demise like many, but crying in your beer only makes your beer taste lousy. We all have to get over it and move on. Sure hasn't hurt sales any and reduces development and marketing costs of maintaining two brands that are essentially the same. I would think even the GM loyalists would have to admit that Mulally knows what he is doing and has set up Ford to be profitable long term even in down market.

I miss Mercury also, and was upset about its demise like many, but crying in your beer only makes your beer taste lousy. We all have to get over it and move on. Sure hasn't hurt sales any and reduces development and marketing costs of maintaining two brands that are essentially the same. I would think even the GM loyalists would have to admit that Mulally knows what he is doing and has set up Ford to be profitable long term even in down market.

Under different circumstances, I could see a full mercury line flourishing and really adding to Ford's bottom line but I also

accept that Ford chose the less complex route eliminating distraction to keep single minded focus on the Ford brand

Edited by jpd80

250811 units from only one platform. Amazing

Dont' want to be the barer of bad news and I'm very supportive of the D3 platform, BUT....

IN comparison, 10 years ago... D186 platform.

Taurus 353,560

Sable 102,646

Continental 20,392

Windstar 179,595

Total= 656,193