My Ford Touch Fix

tspindle

• 4 weeks later...

Received my upgrade kit today. Attempting installation now. Already hit one error message. Retrying...

post-28859-0-84276300-1332017242_thumb.jpg

Well, that was rather stressful but finally successful. It took me two hours due to glitches, sunspots or whatever the hell.

I got the "out of space or does not work with this version" error message just moments after the initial installation attempt. Couldn't get to the Master Reset option to try the remedy in the instructions. Called Ford and got prompt service (at this point, the screen was frozen on installing file number two of nine for 50+ minutes). The advice was to wait for a total of up to 75 minutes and if there was no progress, pull the USB, shut down and attempt to access the Master Reset screen after restart. Eventually, shutting down, pulling the USB, restarting the car and following the prompts (without resorting to Master Reset) resulted in the upgrade finalizing itself even though the final message on screen was that the install was unsuccessful - it actually succeeded. Seems par for the course at this point.

Some advice before you begin: Delete your phone pairings. You may want to perform the Master Reset before beginning the upgrade, just to avoid two possible errors and a lot of drama. Be sure you are parked outside, not in your garage with the door open - there is a communications need - it's not just a safety thing.

Everything looks good. The only issue I have found is that Sirius Travel Link no longer reflects my subscription to expanded travel services (Weather, Sports, Fuel Prices etc.), just to audio. Working on that with Sirius now... And it has been resolved. Subscriptions are all back online now and these features which were in the past available on a hit and miss basis, are all functioning correctly and without delay. Hooray!

Edited by mrgdr57

Some advice before you begin: Delete your phone pairings. You may want to perform the Master Reset before beginning the upgrade, just to avoid two possible errors and a lot of drama. Be sure you are parked outside, not in your garage with the door open - there is a communications need - it's not just a safety thing.

Good advice, I wish I'd thought of the master reset when I installed last night. I had a hell of a time pairing my phone. Even outside it wouldn't pair or recognize the device. I finally stumbled on getting it paired after an hour and a half.

Edited by transitman

Received my upgrade kit , installed without issues BUT the audio book/USB portion has a glitch... If you are listing to an audio book don't shut the car off or you'll start over to the first audio book in the directory. Thought it might be a indexing issues no. Called the 800# yes they are aware of it. There is no going back to the previous version once the install is done, so if you listen to audio books allot then you might want to wait till they get that fixed. Also she said there is an issues with the Nav/favorites (can't put a space when saving a favorite location in Nav).

• 2 weeks later...

Question to owners with Nav who have upgraded MFT: On your Home screen, is your current location (street name) displayed at all times below the virtual compass in the Nav quadrant?

According to Ford tech, it's supposed to. It does on MLT. It does not on my Focus. Would like to hear from other Focus owners. Thanks in advance.

Question to owners with Nav who have upgraded MFT: On your Home screen, is your current location (street name) displayed at all times below the virtual compass in the Nav quadrant?

According to Ford tech, it's supposed to. It does on MLT. It does not on my Focus. Would like to hear from other Focus owners. Thanks in advance.

When I did the update on my Edge, it did not display the street name for the first few restarts. It does display it now though.

When I did the update on my Edge, it did not display the street name for the first few restarts. It does display it now though.

Thank you. MLT may have done likewise, which is probably why I didn't notice the difference between the MKX and Focus until this weekend.

It has been more than a couple of weeks since the Focus upgrade so restarts (a master reset and an attempt to reinstall the upgrade) have made no difference. Have yet to confirm or debunk that location should be displayed on the Focus Home screen as indicated by Ford tech. Would like to determine if this is an issue related only to my vehicle or to all Focuses with navigation.

Thank you. MLT may have done likewise, which is probably why I didn't notice the difference between the MKX and Focus until this weekend.

It has been more than a couple of weeks since the Focus upgrade so restarts (a master reset and an attempt to reinstall the upgrade) have made no difference. Have yet to confirm or debunk that location should be displayed on the Focus Home screen as indicated by Ford tech. Would like to determine if this is an issue related only to my vehicle or to all Focuses with navigation.

I would assume it is supposed to be there. Have you tried removing the SD card, starting the system without it, then re-inserting it?

I would assume it is supposed to be there. Have you tried removing the SD card, starting the system without it, then re-inserting it?

Confirmed by another Focus owner that it does indeed appear there. Apparently it's just my vehicle. I'll give your suggestion a try. Thanks.

[Edit] Tried the SD card pull - no joy.

Edited by mrgdr57

Confirmed by another Focus owner that it does indeed appear there. Apparently it's just my vehicle. I'll give your suggestion a try. Thanks.

Gary - I would also try disconnecting the negative battery cable just to reset everything.

Gary - I would also try disconnecting the negative battery cable just to reset everything.

Thanks. I may try that (last resort before dealer visit...) over the weekend right after I tank up. I hate to lose all my settings, trip odo, MPG, DTE etc. I'd pull the fuse but MFT tech does not recommend that remedy post-upgrade.

Success! Setting a destination and using route guidance to a destination appears to have resolved the issue. After having arrived at a destination using route guidance, the current street location appeared below the Home screen compass. A power cycle confirmed that the current location text display remains visible on the Home screen.