Custom Search

Welcome to Blue Oval Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Blue Oval Forums.  LIke most online communities, you must first register to create topics and post replies.
Registration is a quick and easy process and only takes a minute.  Be apart of Blue Oval Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images
  • Use the Shout feature and more. . .

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

How to print your original Ford window sticker

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   TomServo92

TomServo92

...and stop calling me Terry!

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,366 posts
  • Joined 30-November 05
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Mustang V6 Premium

Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:07 PM

This may already be well known but I just found out about it and decided to post it anyway. If you paste this URL in browser address bar:

"http://services.ford...icker.pdf?vin="

and put your VIN number on the end of it, it will create a PDF of the vehicles original window sticker.

I Googled and found it because I was curious what the original MSRP was on my Mustang.

Edited by TomServo92, 29 December 2011 - 06:07 PM.

"We live in a society of wolves. You do not fight back by creating more sheep!" - Dan Bongino, Former Secret Service agent

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." - Terry Pratchett, author

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Sixt9coug

Sixt9coug

Ford fanboy

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 2,437 posts
  • Joined 09-February 07
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Ranger Sport, 1994 Mustang GT, 1969 Mercury Cougar
  • Interests:Punk Rock, good beer and hot rods. Oh, and burritos, can't forget the burritos.

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:22 PM

Hmm that didn't work. Is there a path I can take to do this? It sounds pretty cool to have one for my Mustang. The Cougar would be cool, but I doubt it goes back that far.
Current Rides -
1969 Mercury Cougar - 1994 Mustang GT - 2009 Ford Ranger Sport

Past Rides -
1967 Mercury Cougar - 1968 Ford Galaxie Fastback - 1969 Mercury Cougar XR7 - 1972 Ford LTD CS - 1972 Lincoln MkIV - 2004 Ford Ranger XLT -

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   TomServo92

TomServo92

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,366 posts
  • Joined 30-November 05

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:28 PM

Hmm that didn't work. Is there a path I can take to do this? It sounds pretty cool to have one for my Mustang. The Cougar would be cool, but I doubt it goes back that far.

Not that I found. Try your Ranger. If it works then the Mustang is too old.

"We live in a society of wolves. You do not fight back by creating more sheep!" - Dan Bongino, Former Secret Service agent

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." - Terry Pratchett, author

#4 OFFLINE   Mark B. Morrow

Mark B. Morrow

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,998 posts
  • Joined 02-March 05
  • Current Vehicle:2006 Eddie Bauer Explorer (5th EB Explorer)
  • Interests:Cars
    '64 1/2 Mustang Convertible - Restomod
    '66 T-Bird Convertible - Restored
    '06 Explorer Eddie Bauer

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:19 PM

sixt9coug,

If you're interested in the backround of your car check out Martiauto. They have all of the original Ford records from 1967 up. They can document all the original options on your car, print a window sticker and even tell you how many were similarly equipped.

http://www.martiauto.com/reports2.cfm

'64 1/2 Mustang Convertible - 289 5 speed restomod
'66 T-Bird Convertible - restored
'06 Explorer Eddie Bauer - Dark Cherry Metallic and Pueblo Gold (My 5th EB Explorer)

I Disagree With You...But I'm Pretty Sure You're Not Hitler.
- Jon Stewart

PITTSBURGH CITY OF CHAMPIONS-PITTSBURGH STEELERS - SUPER BOWL IX, X, XII, XIV, XL, XLIII CHAMPIONS--PITTSBURGH PENGUINS - 1991, 1992 & 2009 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS and the PITTSBURGH PIRATES WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS 1909, 1960, 1971 & 1979 and now - After  20 consecutive losing seasons: a contender. (I hope)

#5 OFFLINE   hbalek

hbalek

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 388 posts
  • Joined 02-September 05
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Lincoln MKZ AWD Tuxedo Black

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:08 PM

sixt9coug,

If you're interested in the backround of your car check out Martiauto. They have all of the original Ford records from 1967 up. They can document all the original options on your car, print a window sticker and even tell you how many were similarly equipped.

http://www.martiauto.com/reports2.cfm

This is a great tool when looking at used cars and comparing features and prices. Apples to apples! This works for Ford, Lincoln or Mercury models. I have 2 URL's that I use:

http://www.inventory...DC&pacode=00002

http://services.ford...00084&modelId=

REPLACE THE X'S WITH THE VIN#

I tested it on Taurus VIN's and it only works on 2007 or NEWER models.

Edited by hbalek, 29 December 2011 - 11:10 PM.

#6 OFFLINE   TomServo92

TomServo92

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,366 posts
  • Joined 30-November 05

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:26 PM

This is a great tool when looking at used cars and comparing features and prices. Apples to apples! This works for Ford, Lincoln or Mercury models. I have 2 URL's that I use:

http://www.inventory...DC&pacode=00002

http://services.ford...00084&modelId=

REPLACE THE X'S WITH THE VIN#

I tested it on Taurus VIN's and it only works on 2007 or NEWER models.

The second one is the same as the one I posted except for some additional parameters after the VIN. What do they do?

#7 OFFLINE   hbalek

hbalek

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 388 posts
  • Joined 02-September 05

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:36 PM

The second one is the same as the one I posted except for some additional parameters after the VIN. What do they do?

Not sure. I originally found them when looking at dealers' new inventory on their websites. There is a link that says "view window sticker." Then I tried other VINs in the same URL and they all worked.

Edited by hbalek, 29 December 2011 - 11:37 PM.

#8 OFFLINE   TomServo92

TomServo92

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,366 posts
  • Joined 30-November 05

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:48 PM

Not sure. I originally found them when looking at dealers' new inventory on their websites. There is a link that says "view window sticker." Then I tried other VINs in the same URL and they all worked.

I ran my VIN using your link and the window sticker looks exactly the same as the one I did with my link.

#9 OFFLINE   hbalek

hbalek

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 388 posts
  • Joined 02-September 05

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:51 PM

I ran my VIN using your link and the window sticker looks exactly the same as the one I did with my link.

Come to think of it, one URL is used by dealer websites and the other is used by ford.com or lincoln.com "search inventory"

#10 OFFLINE   TomServo92

TomServo92

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,366 posts
  • Joined 30-November 05

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:06 AM

Come to think of it, one URL is used by dealer websites and the other is used by ford.com or lincoln.com "search inventory"

Makes sense.

#11 OFFLINE   SoonerLS

SoonerLS

trying to plug a hole in the universe

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,607 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11
  • Current Vehicle:Lincoln LS, '13 F150 STX
  • Interests:?

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:29 AM

Not that I found. Try your Ranger. If it works then the Mustang is too old.

I think it has a rolling cut-off date. When I bought my LS in '06, I tried it for the heck of it (I bought it new, so I had the real window sticker), and it worked. I tried it again earlier this year and it didn't.

Edited by SoonerLS, 30 December 2011 - 01:30 AM.

photo-thumb-15254.jpg

So, give it over, take a break
Shut your hole, you're causing my poor heart to ache
To all you saints and sinners, you losers and you winners
Here's to one more day above the roses
-- Gaelic Storm, One More Day Above the Roses

#12 ONLINE   RichardJensen

RichardJensen

Does whatever a SpiderPig does

• Blue Oval Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,282 posts
  • Joined 02-September 04
  • Current Vehicle:2000 Mercury Sable

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:49 AM

Tracking stuff.

The dealerPACode matches the request to a specific dealer. I think Ford, at one time, was trying to keep 3rd parties such as myself from cheating and taking advantage of easily hacked URLs to provide similar functionality (I have embedded new Ford and GM window sticker links this way in the past).

photo-thumb-15254.jpg

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·