3rd shift or crew @ MAP

MTP'er

I'm debating whether or not to sign up to go back to what used to be MTP (I'll always call it that), since I've really been waiting almost 5 years now to get the chance, but my main concern is whether my seniority (7/15/96) will be enough to hold days at the new MAP. I held days back when I was there but I know things must be different now.

I'm debating whether or not to sign up to go back to what used to be MTP (I'll always call it that), since I've really been waiting almost 5 years now to get the chance, but my main concern is whether my seniority (7/15/96) will be enough to hold days at the new MAP. I held days back when I was there but I know things must be different now.

Currently somewhere between 1/96 and 4/96 to hold days. We are currently doing manpower adjustments now that the LTS are gone. Also, letter from chairman saying 3 crew is rumor and have had no talks with company about adding third shift. The RTU letter is SOP after a new contract year.

Currently somewhere between 1/96 and 4/96 to hold days. We are currently doing manpower adjustments now that the LTS are gone. Also, letter from chairman saying 3 crew is rumor and have had no talks with company about adding third shift. The RTU letter is SOP after a new contract year.

currently there are still 98 seniority holding days. I spoke with the plant chairman last week and was told somewhere between late 96 and early 97 to hold days.

Ok, one more (I realize this might be a stupid one but oh well)...What are the jobs like at MAP? I know you're building itty bitty cars now, but are all the jobs overloaded and fucked up like they are at DTP?

yes, they're fucked up!

Edited by el norte

Reading the bulletin,sounds like a slow down for MAP................Hopefully things will pick up.

I believe the slow down is tooling for the c-max, the st, and the electrics. The plant manager put a bulletin out last week that we are going to three crews in April. I think I'm going with what the plant manager says. They tend to know more then the plant chair. Also, the union is fighting to add a third crew. That alone amazes me. Never heard of a union fighting to not add a thousand jobs!

I believe the slow down is tooling for the c-max, the st, and the electrics. The plant manager put a bulletin out last week that we are going to three crews in April. I think I'm going with what the plant manager says. They tend to know more then the plant chair. Also, the union is fighting to add a third crew. That alone amazes me. Never heard of a union fighting to not add a thousand jobs!

Are you tracking the sales of these cars?

August 14,093

September 10,309

October 12,386

November 11,735

We produce 6,000 a week on 5 days

I believe sales will determine 3 crews before I believe the plant manager.

We sold 8 weeks worth of production for the 17 weeks we worked.

Are you tracking the sales of these cars?

August 14,093

September 10,309

October 12,386

November 11,735

We produce 6,000 a week on 5 days

I believe sales will determine 3 crews before I believe the plant manager.

We sold 8 weeks worth of production for the 17 weeks we worked.

I was at a dealer the other day (looking at f-150) and they had tons of focus on the lot. They only had a handful of 150s. From the looks of it they might not need a 3rd shift unless thats where the c-max mix will come from.

I was at a dealer the other day (looking at f-150) and they had tons of focus on the lot. They only had a handful of 150s. From the looks of it they might not need a 3rd shift unless thats where the c-max mix will come from.

You got to remember the CMax will not be produced in a gas only model. It will be plug in Hybrid and Gas/Electric Hybrid like the Escape Hybrid. That should limit their appeal to a small amount of buyers.

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/best-cars-blog/2011/06/Ford_to_Sell_Only_Hybrid_and_Plug-in_C-MAX_Minivan_No_Gas_Version/

Edited by chuck734

3 months ago you could'nt find a focus in dealerships.

• 2 weeks later...

The reason to fight adding a 3 crew operation is simple for the union. If they put in an open bid for an entire production shift (800 + jobs) alot of seniority from closing plants will flood MAP. Some of them will be trades bidding on production jobs hoping to get back in to trades at map with their trade seniority (trades will go on a 5 shift mode to cut out all overtime if production goes 3 shift, at least in the final and paint shop; stamping and body have a seperate agreement, so those suckasses....... I mean ahhhhh tradesmen....... probably will stick with the traditional days, afternoon and midnights to maximize their overtime, so no new positions will be added there).... Anyway, 3 crew never lasts forever, and when it's gone alot of original local 900 people will either be knocked out of their classification, or at the very least, bumped into low seniority status. This of course goes for both production and trades.

• 4 weeks later...

The reason to fight adding a 3 crew operation is simple for the union. If they put in an open bid for an entire production shift (800 + jobs) alot of seniority from closing plants will flood MAP. Some of them will be trades bidding on production jobs hoping to get back in to trades at map with their trade seniority (trades will go on a 5 shift mode to cut out all overtime if production goes 3 shift, at least in the final and paint shop; stamping and body have a seperate agreement, so those suckasses....... I mean ahhhhh tradesmen....... probably will stick with the traditional days, afternoon and midnights to maximize their overtime, so no new positions will be added there).... Anyway, 3 crew never lasts forever, and when it's gone alot of original local 900 people will either be knocked out of their classification, or at the very least, bumped into low seniority status. This of course goes for both production and trades.

Unfortunately, what I posted on dec.21, 2011..............is happening now! The vaunted 3 crew operation at MAP will be facilitated and fleshed out with high seniority from FoMoCo locations that have closed or will close. Scattered among these old-timers....i mean "new hires" are tradesman. Some of them will be brought into the the trades at MAP to flesh out the 5 shift skilled trades operations. Understand, this is not a "bump" ...at least not yet!! When 3 crew operations end...and they always do, just ask MTP'rs........many of original local 900 members will get bumped out. Gee whiz.............thanks a bunch local 900!! You had "temporary" tradesmen working at MAP for 2 and a half years....almost all of them were low seniority, that you could have hired. But now , in your infinite wisdom, you're gonna shove high seniority down our throats? Nice!! Haven't you ever heard the phrase "PROTECT YOU'RE OWN" ?

A word to the "new hires": IF YOU ARE A SLUG, WE WILL NOT CARRY YOU, AND YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE!!!!!!!!!

Edited by rainbownthdrk

Unfortunately, what I posted on dec.21, 2011..............is happening now! The vaunted 3 crew operation at MAP will be facilitated and fleshed out with high seniority from FoMoCo locations that have closed or will close. Scattered among these old-timers....i mean "new hires" are tradesman. Some of them will be brought into the the trades at MAP to flesh out the 5 shift skilled trades operations. Understand, this is not a "bump" ...at least not yet!! When 3 crew operations end...and they always do, just ask MTP'rs........many of original local 900 members will get bumped out. Gee whiz.............thanks a bunch local 900!! You had "temporary" tradesmen working at MAP for 2 and a half years....almost all of them were low seniority, that you could have hired. But now , in your infinite wisdom, you're gonna shove high seniority down our throats? Nice!! Haven't you ever heard the phrase "PROTECT YOU'RE OWN" ?

A word to the "new hires": IF YOU ARE A SLUG, WE WILL NOT CARRY YOU, AND YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE!!!!!!!!!

Wow

Adding a shift is great news for many finally able to say home sweet home. Haters like you have no business being in a Union.

• Like 7

Wow

Adding a shift is great news for many finally able to say home sweet home. Haters like you have no business being in a Union.

Yeah , I'm a hater. Whatever....... I was at MTP when they added 3rd crew in Feb. 95'. The vast majority were new hires and the additional trades added were picked up off the street or they added apprentices. They went back to 2 production shifts in april 2001. The excess employees went to other ford facilities at that time. Jump ahead to april 2012, and because ford has lost so much market share, closed so many plants, and the US still has a shitty economy, the well has finally run dry. No place to go. Local 900 is standing with their arms open and eventually (it took 6 yearsthe first time) 3 crew will end. Local 900 members who have been there from the start will get bumped out just from a shift reduction ...not a plant closure!!!!!!!!!!! This is the union 's back-hand way of implementing national seniority. If this was your local you would be pissed too. But no, you're right ............I'm a hater.

Yeah , I'm a hater. Whatever....... I was at MTP when they added 3rd crew in Feb. 95'. The vast majority were new hires and the additional trades added were picked up off the street or they added apprentices. They went back to 2 production shifts in april 2001. The excess employees went to other ford facilities at that time. Jump ahead to april 2012, and because ford has lost so much market share, closed so many plants, and the US still has a shitty economy, the well has finally run dry. No place to go. Local 900 is standing with their arms open and eventually (it took 6 yearsthe first time) 3 crew will end. Local 900 members who have been there from the start will get bumped out just from a shift reduction ...not a plant closure!!!!!!!!!!! This is the union 's back-hand way of implementing national seniority. If this was your local you would be pissed too. But no, you're right ............I'm a hater.

rainbownthedrk don't hold back say what you want FOMOCO. will do what it has to do to make money. I have been 6 bldg, there all alike the union has on control.....

rainbownthedrk don't hold back say what you want FOMOCO. will do what it has to do to make money. I have been 6 bldg, there all alike the union has on control.....

Make money? How ? By shifting high seniority workers from one plant to another? FoMoCo doesn't give a shit! Seniority is union negotiated and , as it looks now, when the shit hits the fan at MAP or any other location, its the union (seniority) that will lay people off, not the company. This wasnt as big an issue 10 yrs ago before the union lost the gen bank (thank you former MTP gunnies who granted an interview to the Detroit News!) and Ford closed a bunch of plants. But now, as I said , the well has gone dry and the remaining plants are being forced to absorb high seniority. 3 crew was a boon in 95' but could very well end up being a curse in 2012.

Make money? How ? By shifting high seniority workers from one plant to another? FoMoCo doesn't give a shit! Seniority is union negotiated and , as it looks now, when the shit hits the fan at MAP or any other location, its the union (seniority) that will lay people off, not the company. This wasnt as big an issue 10 yrs ago before the union lost the gen bank (thank you former MTP gunnies who granted an interview to the Detroit News!) and Ford closed a bunch of plants. But now, as I said , the well has gone dry and the remaining plants are being forced to absorb high seniority. 3 crew was a boon in 95' but could very well end up being a curse in 2012.

DTP took Brothers and Sisters from all over the nation, Norfolk, Chesterfield, Utica, Wixom, Monroe, Maumee when the 3rd shift was added in 2004. The Bush economy tanked in 2008 and we did alternating down weeks to keep us all working and did not burn up Sub or Tap. No one was "laid off permanently". Your comments are selfish, divisive and childish. Not a union friendly stance. There are other ways to deal with volume fluctuations besides laying off an entire shift. The IUAW and Local 600 bargained and ensured us all a regular pay check keeping all 3 shifts working during economic strife caused by the 2008 depression.

Hope you open your arms to these homeless Brothers and Sisters and welcome them to a permanent home

Edited by louie
  • Like 6

Why work for the union if you don't like the rules? ANYONE with a day more time then you has more right to a Ford job then you. Get over it!

I guess you would rather have Ford hire 2nd tier workers for the 3rd crew and leave 1st tier on the street.:banghead:

• Like 1