2013 Lincoln MKZ (or MKG) Teased!!!

That's not to say that Lincoln hasn't already made the same update to the nose of the Escape derivative so that it too will look like the MKZ grill sneak peek.

Yes, it should be the same grille but they would not tease the MKEscape now if they were getting ready to show the MKZ concept in less than 2 months.

All I know is that I figured I would be sitting in a Focus ST to replace my 03 LS since all indications pointed to the death of a Focus based Lincoln but with all the excitement generating around the MKZ I'm starting to rethink. I totally love my Lincoln experience so far and with the promise of dealership experience changes, some of the ride info on the MKS, and the talk surrounding the MKZ I may be back in the Lincoln ball game afterall.

I say "Bring It".

Well there you go! That is indeed very interesting, looks like the MKZ may have gone through some last minute design changes which would involve a new hood as well.

I wonder if this could be Max Wolfe at work, it's about time Lincoln's designs got some international flair...

It's also possible the prototypes have the original MKZ grill and the one being teased is the new one that Wolf designed.

I doubt if Wolff designed anything. The guy was hired to run the Lincoln design studio (which includes several stylists) and to give it direction. I very much doubt that he's sitting behind a desk designing cars. More likely his job is to inspire his staff and prod them to be creative. He probably spends most of his time worrying about budgets, timelines and making the final design production-ready.

• Like 1

You almost have to feel sorry for the next MKZ because so much is riding on it's shoulders. It and the MKX pretty much have to carry the entire Lincoln line for the next 2-3 years until a more competitive line is built. I almost feel sorry for it having to share showroom space with a vehicles like the MKT, MKS and Navigator (which never seems to change including it's old 5.4 which seems to be living for another year).

Ford should have worked hard to build an Aviator based off the new Explorer even if it wasn't quite as differentiated as Lincoln models will be in the future. It would have sold well and gave the dealers something to tide them over until the new Lincolns are ready. The Navigator is on life support and the MKT is a styling disaster even with the new grille.

I have no doubt that the new MKZ will do well and the MKX will also continue to do well, but really the rest of the line is going to drag so hard for the next couple of years. A product like the Aviator would have been nice to see to keep interest in the brand.

I doubt if Wolff designed anything. The guy was hired to run the Lincoln design studio (which includes several stylists) and to give it direction. I very much doubt that he's sitting behind a desk designing cars. More likely his job is to inspire his staff and prod them to be creative. He probably spends most of his time worrying about budgets, timelines and making the final design production-ready.

Whether he designed it personally or just inspired and approved it - it's his design. And it was changed earlier this year. The MKZ concept was set to debut at New York but when Wolff was hired they pulled it and obviously changed it significantly.

the next MKZ...and the MKX pretty much have to carry the entire Lincoln line for the next 2-3 years until a more competitive line is built...

Ford should have worked hard to build an Aviator based off the new Explorer... It would have sold well and gave the dealers something to tide them over until the new Lincolns are ready... A product like the Aviator would have been nice to see to keep interest in the brand.

well, the Explorer is in production (as is the Focus)

so imho Lincoln can bring out their co-platform versions whenever Fomoco is willing to foot the bill.

hmm...there hasn't been any word of something new for the Chicago show :shades: