2013 Lincoln MKZ (or MKG) Teased!!!

Horizontal slats. Interesting....

Yes, very interesting. The MKZ prototypes have had the MKS-type grille...so this is probably a different vehicle since it also looks a bit narrower and chunkier. I'm guessing this is an SUV.

Edited by BORG

Headlight / Grille / Badge proportions look great, the shape of each grille opening is a beautiful wing shape. This looks more car-like to me, so I'd wager it's some form of MKZ (could the be using different grille patterns to denote hybrid, etc), but we really don't know what look they're going with the "sports crossover" so I guess this could be it... :reading:

Headlight / Grille / Badge proportions look great, the shape of each grille opening is a beautiful wing shape. This looks more car-like to me, so I'd wager it's some form of MKZ (could the be using different grille patterns to denote hybrid, etc), but we really don't know what look they're going with the "sports crossover" so I guess this could be it... :reading:

This is definitely a more interesting and dynamic way of using the split-wing motif. I like the dimensionality and how it's integrated well with elements outside of the grille, such as the angle of the headlights and the sculpting in the hood. Excellent flow across competing textures, which takes advantage of the smaller grille elements to achieve. Overall this shows the flexibility inherent in the design so interesting things can be done to maintain the identity and progress in each new product. Nicely done Wolfe, looks like he has a clue.

Edited by BORG

The resemblance is uncanny :blink:

2011-first-drive-chrysler-200-convertible-edition.jpg

Composite.jpg

Sorry I posted my reaction. I didn't say they were identical, I didn't say it even looks like the 200...all I said was that was what popped into my head when I first saw it.

And there IS a resemblance in the shape of the horizontal lines in the grille. And that's as far as I can comment as that is all we see of the assumed MKZ.

• Like 1

Gosh, I'm still not convinced that this is the MKZ. I mean look at the prototype, there is no hint of those shapes in there. And the design is antithetical to the architecture of the car. It looks tall and narrow with a blockier and more sculptural detail, either like an SUV or a small car. It's a bit of a mystery, why would they tease the MKG ahead of the MKZ....if this is indeed the MKG.

000-spy-shots-lincoln-mkz-628.jpg

Edited by BORG