Edited by SROLD, 26 September 2011 - 03:42 PM.
Welcome to Blue Oval Forums
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members
- Create a photo album and post images
- Use the Shout feature and more. . .
2011 TOP SPEED LIMIT - 5.0
Posted 26 September 2011 - 03:41 PM
Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.
Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:02 PM
DROVE A NEW 2011 5.0 LITER F150 FROM PHOENIX TO LA OVER WEEKEND. WONDERFUL TRUCK. HAD INTERESTING THING HAPPEN. WHILE PASSING ON FREEWAY IN DESERT THE TRUCK WOULD LOSE POWER AT APPROX 92 MPH. IS THERE A SPEED LIMITER OR FUEL SHUT OFF ON THIS TRUCK? COULD FIND NOTHING IN OWNERS MANUAL. ANYBODY HAD THIS HAPPEN TO THEM....VERY DISCONCERTING FEELING.
There should be and it's tied to the tire's speed rating. You shouldn't exceed the speed rating of the tires.
2018 F150 Supercab XLT Sport (Magnetic) - 3.5LEB
2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve (Luxe/Cappucino)
Posted 16 October 2011 - 11:29 PM
I am sure there is a limiter. Even cars sold in Germany have a limiter built in: 250km/h (= 155mph) as far as I know, but that thing can be disabled over there, I heard.