Disabling "Global Open" feature

geost1

Has anyone had an issue with the Global Open/Close not opening the front driver's side window? Mine only opens both back windows, passengers window and vents my sun roof.

To disable and enable the Global Open/Close feature:
1. Select Vehicle in the information display on your instrument panel.
2. Select Windows with the arrow keys.
3. Select Remote Open.
4. Select On or Off.
5. Select Remote Close.
6. Select On or Off.
7. Return your display to your previous display mode.

Mine was off as default.

Edited by terryw4711

Has anyone had an issue with the Global Open/Close not opening the front driver's side window? Mine only opens both back windows, passengers window and vents my sun roof.

3. Select Remote Open.

4. Select On or Off.

5. Select Remote Close.

6. Select On or Off.

7. Return your display to settings.

Mine was off as default.

I had random issues with the remote open/close with random windows not closing. After another issue in my car was fixed; the problem went away.

Guest RRF985

3. Select Remote Open.

4. Select On or Off.

5. Select Remote Close.

6. Select On or Off.

7. Return your display to settings.

Mine was off as default.

If you're having an issue with a window not opening or closing with the Global feature you need to reset that window. Try this on the window that is not opening/closing:

1. Lift and hold the switch until the window is fully closed, then releaseicon1.png

the switch.

2. Lift the switch again for one more second.

3. Press and hold the switch until the window is fully open, then release

the switch.

4. Lift and hold the switch until the window is fully closed.

5. Open the window and try to close it automatically.

6. Reset and repeat procedure if the window does not close

automatically.

If you're having an issue with a window not opening or closing with the Global feature you need to reset that window. Try this on the window that is not opening/closing:

1. Lift and hold the switch until the window is fully closed, then releaseicon1.png

the switch.

2. Lift the switch again for one more second.

3. Press and hold the switch until the window is fully open, then release

the switch.

4. Lift and hold the switch until the window is fully closed.

5. Open the window and try to close it automatically.

6. Reset and repeat procedure if the window does not close

automatically.

I will have to try that out. Thank you RRF985.

3. Select Remote Open.

4. Select On or Off.

5. Select Remote Close.

6. Select On or Off.

7. Return your display to your previous display mode.

Mine was off as default.

I have this same problem, when I push and hold the unlock button on the remote all windows will roll down except the pass front window. I have an appt next friday to have the fuel fill up issue looked at (hopefully fixed), as well as this problem and a few other minor problems, I tried the window reset that is listed in this thread and had no luck with a fix.

I am truly at a loss for how this many people are "accidentally" global opening windows. How much crap are you putting in your pockets with your keys? How skinny are your skinny jeans that you could long press the unlock button for more than 5 seconds? I can't believe this topic has had this much traction. I understand forums are for anything and everything, but how about we discuss the new update that could be rolling out any day now seeing as how the website is down for maintenance. What's in it? iOS car? Better voice integration? Face your fob away from your body, quit wearing skinny jeans, and don't put so much crap in your pockets. Ladies, your keys shouldn't be just tossed into your purse like a pack of gum. Interior soft sided pocket only. Issues solved.

I don't know about the rest of the crowd, but I have to press the unlock button once and then again and hold it down for about 5 seconds and the on the second button depression it has to be really close to the first depression.. The lock button to close. Like Jimcgov3 it's hard to see how so many people could be doing this....I never have,

Edited by hermans

Jim,

Not that many people are complaining. You just had to include your always negative tone towards others' questions per usual. If you read the thread you'll see the discussion is centered around some windows not opening/closing rather than accidentally using the feature.

Jared,

Never once have I been negative towards anyones post(s). Please feel free to show me where if I have. I was simply making a statement that you are doing an extraordinary bit of pocket/purse work to open your windows using the Global feature on accident. I dont want to screw up my sweet fob for my fully-loaded Black Ti, so I put nothing but my fob in that pocket. I've tried to do this on purpose and had a hard time opening the windows let alone do it on accident at a mall or other shopping center. Obviously Jared you wear skinny jeans because you're too up-tight. But in all seriousness for someone having issues with it NOT working. Take it to the dealer. If it works and it was an accident, you have too much going on in your pocket. It's practically an act of God to make it function. If you don't want the functionality then disable it in the car using the menu on the left side of the steering wheel if you have a Titanium. If not the dealer will have to do it.

Have a great Fusion day everyone.

Edited by Jimcgov3