location of 2012 explorer fuse box

Hi

I am new to this forum, and I have a rather embarassing question. Just bought a new 2012 explorer and had some problems with the my touch/sync system, found out from reading on this forum that you can pull fuse #29 and that will clear up problem. I cannot find the fuse box, owners manual says it is to the left of steering wheel down by the brake. Dealership cannot find fuse box either and couldn't access the shop manual due to power outages here caused by irene. I ended up disconnecting the battery to clear my problem but I would really like to know where the fuse panel is. Thanks

Hi

I am new to this forum, and I have a rather embarassing question. Just bought a new 2012 explorer and had some problems with the my touch/sync system, found out from reading on this forum that you can pull fuse #29 and that will clear up problem. I cannot find the fuse box, owners manual says it is to the left of steering wheel down by the brake. Dealership cannot find fuse box either and couldn't access the shop manual due to power outages here caused by irene. I ended up disconnecting the battery to clear my problem but I would really like to know where the fuse panel is. Thanks

You have to lie on your back and look up under the dash to the drivers left. There are no access panels like before.Its actually mounted to the outside part of the footwell, so it faces the center console.

Edited by rscalzo