Old Ford Symbol Question

Thanks for posting this. Francis for Fords was around until the late 1990s, if I recall correctly, although the building in the photo had been replaced. The Sutliff Auto Group, which also owns Chevrolet, VW and Cadillac franchises, then bought Francis for Fords. (Sutliff also had the Saturn franchise in Harrisburg.)

Sutliff Chevrolet was right across the intersection from the Ford dealership, so for a few years Sutliff was selling both rivals at dealerships located across the street from each other. Sutliff Ford went out of business in the early 2000s. I believe it was part of Ford's effort in the early 2000s to cull dealerships. That was also the time when the Lincoln-Mercury dealership located in the eastern suburbs near Hershey closed and the franchise was given to the Ford dealership across the Susquehanna River in Lemoyne. That dealership, L.B. Smith Ford-Lincoln, is still around today and bigger than ever.

Which one do I pick...one of the 1965 Mustang fastbacks at Francis for Fords, or the 1959 Ford Galaxie Victoria in the New Jersey dealership showroom (although I want the deluxe wheel covers)? Perhaps the other Pennsylvania dealership has a 1961 Starliner parked in the showroom or out back.

Maybe one of each.

Edited by grbeck
  • Like 1

As for the entire Renaissance Faire discussion, there is one such event held regularly at the New Hope Winery, just off the Pennsylvania Turnpike in the Reading-Lancaster area. We attended a few years ago. I wasn't too impressed - it was a few acts designed to appeal to kids, along with some overpriced "crafts" that you can get just about anywhere these days. Ticket prices were quite high, but we fortunately got free tickets through my wife's job.

One of the food vendors was selling "fried Twinkies." It was just that - the vendor fried a crème-filled Twinkie. It was one of the most awful things I've ever eaten, and I get nauseous just thinking about it.

• Like 1