6.2 fuel milage

z06

Hello all, I am looking to see how many km's/miles you have been able to get out of a single tank? I just went on a road trip and and got 917km/573miles one a single tank of mid grade(89) traveling at 110km/h(69m/h). My distance to empty was reading that I had 65km until empty but I was at my destination so I refueled. I would have tried to go for the 1000 mark but I didn't have a jerry can with me! I was very impressed!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Man I must be doing something wrong I have a 2015 crew cab 6.2 with 3.73 gears and I have never gotten better than 12 and that was empty driving 55 MPH. 9 - 10 when pulling. Traded my 2010 F 150 max tow for this and not happy at all. I currently have 12,000 miles on this truck. Most of my driving is country roads 50 - 55 MPH going back and forth to work. My gauge in the dash say average is 11.9 but it never figured that way when putting it to pencil and paper.

Dclynch those mpg #'s sound pretty low but if you are driving on gravel most of the time I would say that's why. The worst I have seen was 12.5mpg driving into a crazy head wind. I drive with a light foot and cost to a stop when traffic permits. Towing my fifth wheel I have gotten anywhere from 7.5-12 mpg. I still enjoy my 2011, I have 56,000km/35,000 miles now and no issues.

I am hoping it will get better, I have yet to take it on a trip where I wasnt towing so have no real idea what kind of mileage it will get. I know my 2010 F 150 I could average right around 15 doing the same driving, I know for some reason the mileage drops in the winter both on GM and Fords. My son's have 1 GMC and 1 Ford Eco boost and they both complain in the winter.

I like the way it handles much better when towing. I haul a 30' flatbed 5th wheel with my tractor and tiller and brush hog. The max tow 150 did an OK job I just didn't feel comfortable when loaded you knew it was back there with the F250 it puls like a dream.

• 1 month later...

Ok this past week end took a little trip ran 70-75 put 258 miles on and filled up took 20 gallons for a 12.9 MPG. I think this is terrible and would like to know how everyone else seems to be getting 15 -18 with this truck?

For starters, slow down. 55-60 MPH is about the best speed for fuel economy in these trucks. It takes a lot of HP to push a brick wall through the air at 75 MPH.

Second, don't believe what you read on the internet or hear in the real world about fuel economy. People will lie about 2 things: their sex life and fuel economy.

• Like 1

Ok this past week end took a little trip ran 70-75 put 258 miles on and filled up took 20 gallons for a 12.9 MPG. I think this is terrible and would like to know how everyone else seems to be getting 15 -18 with this truck?

6.2 averages about 14-15 mpg tops when cruising on Highway and single digits when towing a good size load.

If anyone says otherwIse, they are full of it unless it is a 2wd single cab.

6.7s get about 17-18 mpg , 20mpg deleted and about 11-12 mpg towing heavy. A 6.2 is not more efficient then a 6.7.

Thanks guys I kind of figured that was the best I was going to get. Running 55-60 on the expressway here in Michigan you would get run over. I have a couple of trips planned on 2 lane highways where speed is 55 so I will check again on those trips. ( I actually check every tank). Towing heavy I get 9 MPG.

Thanks guys I kind of figured that was the best I was going to get. Running 55-60 on the expressway here in Michigan you would get run over. I have a couple of trips planned on 2 lane highways where speed is 55 so I will check again on those trips. ( I actually check every tank). Towing heavy I get 9 MPG.

Your numbers are in line with mine if I drive those speeds. I have a Supercab 4:30 axle and get 10+ towing an 8000lb 5th wheel during the summer. I didn't expect any better when I bought the truck. I still like it alot and am very pleased with the way it pulls.

Edited by Drivenhard

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I removed a few items before this trip that we have not had the need for and I made sure all my tanks had been empty this morning before leaving the campground so I would be traveling light. I would like to get a bike rack for my 5er but the thin tubing of the bumper would just tear off so I have 4 bikes in the box for now. My cruise was set at 65mph/105kmh. I got passed by everyone but I always take it easy when towing.

I removed a few items before this trip that we have not had the need for and I made sure all my tanks had been empty this morning before leaving the campground so I would be traveling light. I would like to get a bike rack for my 5er but the thin tubing of the bumper would just tear off so I have 4 bikes in the box for now. My cruise was set at 65mph/105kmh. I got passed by everyone but I always take it easy when towing.

We carry our bikes inside our fiver. I bought some front fork bike mounts and mounted them to 3/4 inch plywood cut to the size of the thin plywood under the dinette. A few bungee cords to keep them still and they are kept inside, out of the weather, and away from would-be thieves while we stop along the way.

Along with what blwnsmoke said, 65 MPH is the safe speed to travel. I usually limit myself to about 68. Plenty of people pass me, but better safe than sorry.

Good to see some folks have sense about towing. Too often I see truck owners driving way too fast with trailers. Just because the truck can pull it that fast, doesn't mean you can stop it as fast or control it. I've seen everything from small trailers to big 5th wheels busting down the interstate at 75-80.