OBD codes B1323, B1428, C1770, C1790, C1818, C1830 and C1850

My 98 Windstar Limited has air suspension in the back. Lately, it would be sitting low in the back before starting it up in the morning. The compressor would pump it up as soon as you fired up the van. And the rest of the day would be fine. The other day, the warning light for the air suspension came on, and the compressor has not worked since. Fuses and power connections all seem okay. OBD codes B1323, B1428, C1770, C1790, C1818, C1830 and C1850 were in the system. Is anyone here familiar with these codes and therefore what the problem may be?

Meanwhile, the winnie is now a lowrider! (Hmm ...!)

Thanks to all who reply!

My 98 Windstar Limited has air suspension in the back. Lately, it would be sitting low in the back before starting it up in the morning. The compressor would pump it up as soon as you fired up the van. And the rest of the day would be fine. The other day, the warning light for the air suspension came on, and the compressor has not worked since. Fuses and power connections all seem okay. OBD codes B1323, B1428, C1770, C1790, C1818, C1830 and C1850 were in the system. Is anyone here familiar with these codes and therefore what the problem may be?

Meanwhile, the winnie is now a lowrider! (Hmm ...!)

Thanks to all who reply!

B1323 Door Ajar Lamp Circuit Fail

B1428 Safty belt lamp circuit fail

C1770 Air suspension vent circuit failure

C1790 LR Airspring solenoid circuit failure

C1818 Air Compressor exceeded max time

C1830 Air Compressor relay coil circuit failure

C1850 Air suspension warning lamp circuit fail

IF it leaks down overnight, most likely the airbags are shot. This would also account for the C1818. IF it were mine, I would junk the airride and install the std springs. Ultimately, it will cost you a lot less.

• 9 months later...

A long overdue thank you to YTSC90 for your reply.

It turned out that we needed a new air ride compressor. I couldn't find ANYONE offering or manufacturing new air ride compressors for 98 Windstars. The next best choice was to get mine rebuilt. Then, sooner or later, the bags for the air suspension would begin to leak, if they haven't already. Bottom line, you were right, it was better for me to convert to conventional coil springs and shocks. I opted for variable rate coil springs for the added resistance with the heavier loads. Total Cost Can. $ 800 including labour.

Thanks again for your help!