2012 Explorer Order Guide

2012 Explorer Order Guide

Thanks for posting this!

Two questions:

1.) Do you know when the 2012 Edge order guide will be available?

2.) Do you know if there is a factory Class II trailer hitch available on the 2.0L Ecoboost? It's nice having the hitch back there to mount stuff to, such as additional cargo carrier or a bike carrier. I can understand not wanting to go Class III, but no II either?

Chuck

Edited by chucky2

Thanks for posting this!

Two questions:

1.) Do you know when the 2012 Edge order guide will be available?

2.) Do you know if there is a factory Class II trailer hitch available on the 2.0L Ecoboost? It's nice having the hitch back there to mount stuff to, such as additional cargo carrier or a bike carrier. I can understand not wanting to go Class III, but no II either?

Chuck

The 2012 Edge Order Guide should be available on or about 06/13/2011 when the Unscheduled Order Bank (USOB) opens. The only Trailer Tow Package option available on the 2012 Explorer is Class III.

Thanks for the Edge info and the clarification on the Explorer EB hitch. Do you think they'll make it a 2013 option to have a Class II (or even one - I) hitch on there for the utility aspect on the EB's? It just seems weird that for a SUV, they'd leave out the hitch option, even for the fuel economy model. A fuel economy SUV still has a U in SUV you know?

Chuck

Thanks for the Edge info and the clarification on the Explorer EB hitch. Do you think they'll make it a 2013 option to have a Class II (or even one - I) hitch on there for the utility aspect on the EB's? It just seems weird that for a SUV, they'd leave out the hitch option, even for the fuel economy model. A fuel economy SUV still has a U in SUV you know?

Chuck

It's very doubtful that Ford will offer anything less than the Class III Trailer Tow Package on future Explorers. The manufacturers are always competing for bragging rights on the highest tow capacity and providing a lesser capacity option would probably have a low order rate and only complicate the order process further.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Updated 2012 Explorer Order Guide attached.

I am trying to do a factory order through my dealer (Calgary, AB, Canada) and he says that there is no "67B BLIS Plus Inflatable Seatbelt option", only seperate BLIS and seatbelt options for $500 and $250 respectively. Could this be a mistake in the order guide or a difference between US and Canada option availability?

Regards,

David

I am trying to do a factory order through my dealer (Calgary, AB, Canada) and he says that there is no "67B BLIS Plus Inflatable Seatbelt option", only seperate BLIS and seatbelt options for $500 and $250 respectively. Could this be a mistake in the order guide or a difference between US and Canada option availability?

Regards,

David

I think I can answer my own question. My dealer sent me the order guide for Canada and the option packaging is different. Indeed it looks like there is no BLIS Plus package in Canada and you have to order BLIS and inflatable seatbelts separately.