Better way to track a factory order

rammer77

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I called 1800 392 3673 and she helped me. Strange Cyberdman and the CSR on the phone said my car hasn't even shipped yet despite being produced on October 8th. My dealer said it was shipped on October 12th and should be here soon.

Weird.

The CSR and cyberdman both get their info directly from the Ford system. If your dealer says otherwise then your dealer is mistaken, either on purpose or by accident. Unless the vins got mixed up somehow.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I have a FFH on order and the whole experince has been an enjoyable journey with the exception of trying to find the status of the order over the last 8 weeks. A "usable" tracking system would be a great marketing tool.

My last new car was through BMW back in 2005. Their system would give pretty much up-to-date info as far as pre-production and shipping info, I know
Ford could do better, but might require more man hours to input info, unless it could all be automated.

Agree, We need better information with out having to depend on dealers who have no clue and could care less.

Until they change state franchise laws, Ford is prohibited by law from selling vehicles directly to consumers. You buy from the dealer and the dealer buys from Ford. If the dealer isn't giving you good information go find one that will.

Until they change state franchise laws, Ford is prohibited by law from selling vehicles directly to consumers. You buy from the dealer and the dealer buys from Ford. If the dealer isn't giving you good information go find one that will.

BS. We are not talking about SALES. We are talking about INFORMATION. Ford should allow us access to information on the product we have on order from FORD. It makes no sense for customers to depend on dealer salespersons for information that Ford has.

BS. We are not talking about SALES. We are talking about INFORMATION. Ford should allow us access to information on the product we have on order from FORD. It makes no sense for customers to depend on dealer salespersons for information that Ford has.

You don't have anything on order from Ford. The dealer does. That's the point. The dealers who actually order the vehicles have all the access they need to order information. If the dealers did their job keeping you informed then it wouldn't be an issue.

I do agree Ford should provide this as a service.

No. The point is I am the customer, NOT the dealer, who is the middleman in the transaction. Dealers have no incentive to supply me with information. I have ordered 3 previous custom-configured cars from other makers, and been able to track all of them on line. If Ford's attitude is that the dealer is the customer, they are in trouble.

No. The point is I am the customer, NOT the dealer, who is the middleman in the transaction. Dealers have no incentive to supply me with information. I have ordered 3 previous custom-configured cars from other makers, and been able to track all of them on line. If Ford's attitude is that the dealer is the customer, they are in trouble.

Sorry but that's not reality. The dealer has every incentive to help you - you are their customer. They get profit from the sale. If they don't give you good service then you should go to another dealer.

Now go look up "state auto franchise laws" and maybe you'll understand the legal ramifications.

Go to Best Buy and order a Sony TV, then call the Sony factory and ask them where your TV is.

I think there should be a website for tracking as others have stated. For a large purchase like this, customer service from Ford should start as soon as you sign on the line. I'm sure it wouldn't cost too much to create and maintain, and it would create a service that no other maker has.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

NO question that there should be a better method of communication with customers AND Dealers that have placed retail factory orders. The fact that even Ford Dealers have trouble getting updated and accurate information on vehicle order or shipping status is inexcusable.

My dealership has several 2013 Fusion units that have been "awaiting shipment" for some time. I use the Vehicle Visibility program several times a day in order to get the latest status updates on both retail and fleet orders. We have a 2013 Fusion that has been sitting at the plant "awaiting shipment" since October 5th of last year. Another vehicle is a 2013 Fusion that has been "awaiting shipment" since March 6th. Until a few years ago, Ford dealers could call the Order Processing Center directly for assistance but in recent years we can only send an online inquiry regarding vehicle status. Unfortunately, the response is always the same with a statement that the vehicle is being held at the plant for an unspecified quality issue. The Ford response then gives detailed instructions on how to access the Vehicle Visibility report function. Gee, if the Vehicle Visibility report was updated with the information I needed, I wouldn't be sending a follow-up inquiry to the Business Assistance Center!

I was in a meeting with our Ford Zone Manager this afternoon and was told that he couldn't help us with getting information on a retail 2013 Fusion's vehicle shipping issues or updated status. Thank you so much Ford! Your Dealers can't get updated vehicle status information on retail orders, your factory managers can't assist their dealers with the necessary information and customers are tracking their own vehicle status directly with the rail carriers when they're finally able to get rail car information for their vehicle that have actually shipped!

• Like 1

I believe that the Hermosillo situation with both the Fusion and MKZ has overwhelmed Ford's system and processes to the point they honestly lost track of some vehicles. Not an excuse - that should never happen. Just a plausible explanation for the lack of info.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes sign me up as well, the wait is killing me and so far the dealer is unable to get any information and it's going on 30 days

Sounds like dealer might be being less than ingenuous. They can run an order list inquiry at any time and immediately find the vehicle's status. Also, that status should dictate the dealer's actions. For example, if your vehicle has been stuck in UNSCH/CLEAN status (basically awaiting serialization and submission to plant) for 30 days, the dealer is "supposed" to call his/her Regional Sales Office to manually adjust priority and expedite getting your order picked up by manufacturing, plannning & logistics. Sounds like he's got an allocation issue and is giving you the run around. Of course, there could be material constraints and your vehicle won't schedule until they are resolved, aka TEMP DELAY (code 1).

Sounds like dealer might be being less than ingenuous. They can run an order list inquiry at any time and immediately find the vehicle's status. Also, that status should dictate the dealer's actions. For example, if your vehicle has been stuck in UNSCH/CLEAN status (basically awaiting serialization and submission to plant) for 30 days, the dealer is "supposed" to call his/her Regional Sales Office to manually adjust priority and expedite getting your order picked up by manufacturing, planning & logistics. Sounds like he's got an allocation issue and is giving you the run around. Of course, there could be material constraints and your vehicle won't schedule until they are resolved, aka TEMP DELAY (code 1).

I would like to believe this does happen, but I'm on the last day of week 13 in that status, week 14 starts tomorrow if I don't get updated tonight, it's 6PM and awfully quiet. I've called the sales manager weekly (he now recognizes my voice). I've called Ford 2-3 times, just trying to get an ETA or cause of the non-scheduling, so I can at least know... It is nice to know of the past issues and their being resolved or if I had a Ruby car why it got delayed. Let me know is all I ask... I get upset thinking if only I had ordered from a different dealer that had allocation, I could have my car now. That's a poor excuse. I understand a dealer not getting stock for that reason, but ordered a car with a deposit?

I am very sure Ford has the supply chain business well figured out so they don't over stock parts. My dealer says every Energi (CMax or Fusion) is sold before it even hits the city limits. This tells me they aren't making enough for Texas. Perhaps there are parts with a massive lead time and Ford doesn't want to get stuck with them.

Hopefully, at some point, they crank the spigot a half turn more before they start making 2014's in July. Should it come to it, I'm going to cancel my 2013 June 1st if there isn't one warming my buns by then & get in line for 2014... for at least a little while, I'm not waiting another 20 weeks after ordering to not even get scheduled. But, hey, at least they said so far I'd still get the $1500 + $750 off... /ever-hopeful

Edited by shaggy314

Tracking should be the easiest thing. Look on the window sticker and you see barcodes and qr codes. Open it up and look at some parts with the qr on it. Obviously Ford, like others, employ tracking for their benefit, so it isn't very hard to provide a web interface for that to customers. I have to think there are other reasons, which wouldn't make sense to us, why they don't do that. I think the dealers would need to get together and demand this gets implemented as a means of reducing the amount of time they have to spend tracking orders for customers.

• Like 1