HELP

hi we bought a brand new ford escape like 5 months ago. well today we were on our way back from a trip and i start hearing a slight clunkin sound. so i ask my mom to take her foot of the gas and it goes away so that says there is somthin wrong with the motor because u can only hear it under light acceleration. so the sound start to get way louder and then my mom told me temp gauge was under the cold and we have been driving for half an hour so there was somthin wrong. the car started to loose power and when people passed us they were lookin at the car for some reason. so the motor cut off and engine, oil, and battery lite came on, this all happened in about 3 mins. so we pull off to the shoulder and there is some smoke comming out from the driver side front tire and the rear glass/door had some oil mist on it. i open the hood and smoke is comin from the back of the motor i chek the oil dip stik and there is very little oil. i take a look under the car and there is a puddle of oil and the oil was really thin so some water might have mixed with it due ot a messed up gasket or somthin. there was no smoke commin out of the tail pipe when i put the ignition on the on position the temp gauge went to 3/4 of the way to the top this time. it was 11 pm at night the FORD ROAD SIDE ASSITANCE guy was really rude and said that the car will be taken to the nearst dealer ship which is and houre and a half away from the one we bought it from and our house and woudnt even call us a taxi he said if there is enough space the tow truck guy will give u a ride. when u buy a new car and something like this happens they should atleast say that they can lend u a car so u can go to work with it, and we were stuck in the middle of the highway with 2 kids thank fully some freinds came and picked us up. any way the car has 4k km on it and somthn like this is unacceptable so my mom snaped at the guy and now she wants to return the car or exchange it. i can really tell that they will never buy another domestic or especially ford again.can any one tell me what can be done, i need some advice on wut i should do. thnx.

by the way im a ford fan no matter what stuff like this happens.

Edited by yassir(snowman)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A lot of my family members have worked for Ford and I will say that this is a disappointment to hear.

I hope you don't like one bad event taint Ford's image for you or your family.

What you can do to be compensated is call Ford Headquarters and complain. They will make it worth your time (they should at least).

I hope you do buy a Ford again and sorry for your bad experience.