Power fold mirrors on 2011 XLT?

sun-prairie

I've ordered a new F150 EB XLT with the max tow and max payload packages. I like the large tow mirrors that this package includes, but am going to need to fold one of the mirrors to get into and out of my garage. I've heard that the higher end F150s (King Ranch and Platinum) offer a power fold option for this mirror. I'm wondering if it's possible to make a direct swap of the mirrors onto my XLT? Do they bolt up the same? What other wiring and computer reprogramming might I need to do?

If an OEM power fold option won't work, are there any after-market options available?

Thanks,

Randy

I've ordered a new F150 EB XLT with the max tow and max payload packages. I like the large tow mirrors that this package includes, but am going to need to fold one of the mirrors to get into and out of my garage. I've heard that the higher end F150s (King Ranch and Platinum) offer a power fold option for this mirror. I'm wondering if it's possible to make a direct swap of the mirrors onto my XLT? Do they bolt up the same? What other wiring and computer reprogramming might I need to do?

If an OEM power fold option won't work, are there any after-market options available?

Thanks,

Randy

I've ordered the same and was told that there are no power folding mirrors. So if those higher end trucks can indeed fold in i would also be interested in this....

You can't order the large Max Tow mirrors that fold on an F150. The folding ones you're thinking of are regular sized. To get folding tow mirrors you'd have to go up to the Super Duty sets and from what I understand they don't have the same base as the F150 but I haven't actually laid eyes on a set to see.

For what it's worth. We just received, after 15 1/2 weeks ,our Ecoboost, 4x2, 8 ft. bed. max tow package, manual telescoping trailer mirrors etc.... The truck is amazing. So quiet and powerful. The only glitch we feel, living in urbanToronto are these 2 incredibly large mirrors. When driving one must really be concerned about traffic passing on both sides. We probably should have got the smallest mirrors available and just screwed on those trailer mirrors we used on the '98 F150. In that way we'd have the best of both worlds. Now if you want big mirrors with no blind spots order what we did!

JG Toronto, Ontario

quote name='sun-prairie' timestamp='1303313902' post='694803']

Thanks,

Randy