Order priority number

Detroit Mustang

Retail orders are given a priority of 10-19, Stock orders get 20 and up.

Basically it is the way that dealers indicate what orders they want their cars built in, all things being equal. Lower numbers get built sooner, but it only really matters w/in the dealer, not between dealers (as I understand). Mine is a 10.

Correct. If that particular dealer has another retail order with a lower priority (10-13) then that vehicle would get built before yours. But assuming the dealer has allocation the chances are they would be built at the same time or very close. 10 is best but 14 should be ok. The dealer may just be saving the priority 10 for special circumstances.

Okay, I'll try not to take it personally. Maybe they are saving higher priorities for people who pay full price.

I doubt it's anything that complicated. Some places just enter all there orders at some neutral number, like 14, that way if something comes up that they need to rush (like the dealer screwed up the order), they can place it at a 10 and get it before the line of cars set at 14. Each dealer sets their own policies with the order priorities.

What was interesting, is my dealer used to have me set at a 19 when I placed my order in Dec, but then in Jan I decided to make a big change to the order, so they canceled my old one and re-orded. My new order was entered at 10.

Okay, I'll try not to take it personally. Maybe they are saving higher priorities for people who pay full price.

And I see you are from the Detroit area (me too), they don't penalize people who use discounts, they expect it around here. I mean most dealers advertise their X or A-plan prices, not MSRP or anything else.

Edited by emerrill

Correct. If that particular dealer has another retail order with a lower priority (10-13) then that vehicle would get built before yours. But assuming the dealer has allocation the chances are they would be built at the same time or very close. 10 is best but 14 should be ok. The dealer may just be saving the priority 10 for special circumstances.

Very enlightening. Thanks. My order priority is 13.

My order from dealer was put in as priority 01. I had to call them back to confirm and this was correct.

2012 Ford Focus SEL Hatchback

Candy Red Metallic

301A Package

Winter Package

Moonroof

Email from dealer: " Ford has a priority 01 on the car it should pull for production any day. 01 is the highest priority a unit gets so be patient it should go real soon- Bryan"

My order from dealer was put in as priority 01. I had to call them back to confirm and this was correct

Email from dealer: " Ford has a priority 01 on the car it should pull for production any day. 01 is the highest priority a unit gets so be patient it should go real soon- Bryan"

My understanding is that only the zone manager can do anything below 10. Somebody likes you

Priority codes for Retail Orders are restricted to 10-19 with stock orders being required to have priority codes 20+. At my dealership I use priority code 10 for the first Retail Order placed into the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank), 11 for the 2nd Retail Order, 12 for the 3rd, etc. In this way, I've prioritized the Retail Orders in the order that the orders were placed so that customer orders are scheduled and produced in the order they were received. This has been particularly important for the 2011 Explorer where our Dealership has had as many as 6 retail orders in the USOB at one time. In the event that there are commodity issues involved it's possible that a retail order with a higher priority code could be scheduled before an order with a lower priority code.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...