"Boss has been submitted to the plant"

dhanulec

So I got that message from my dealer yesterday, but what does that mean? There is no VIN number yet they told me so I was wondering if anybody can give me an idea how quickly things move along now, or does it really not mean anything?

Your dealer is lying to you.

Your order needs a VIN to be submitted to plant (that's the start of it being built) so either it has a VIN and he's not telling it to you or it's not been actually "submitted to plant".

Interesting, just emailed the dealer asking if there is a VIN today since they said yesterday it was submitted.

The first thing you car gets is the VIN.

This is the sequence of events:

> Order goes in

> Wait

> VIN issued and scheduled to week

> Wait

> Scheduled to day

> Wait

> Submitted to plant

> Wait

> Produced

> Wait

> Shipped

> Wait

> Delivered.

You need the VIN BEFORE your car gets scheduled BEFORE it's submitted to the plant. Maybe they meant they "submitted the order" which doesn't go to the plant but to Ford's vehicle scheduling.

Ok, i ordered mine through the sales person on 02-12-11. He tells me that they send the orders off on tuesdays. So, the dealer was supposed to have sent the order on 02-15-11. Is there an expected amount of time the VIN should be issued? My salesperson said on 03-14-11 says that Ford has a hold on manufacturing because there's a shortage of the 5.0 engines. That excuse sounds like some smoke being blown up somewhere. This waiting = frustration. lol.

Ok, i ordered mine through the sales person on 02-12-11. He tells me that they send the orders off on tuesdays. So, the dealer was supposed to have sent the order on 02-15-11. Is there an expected amount of time the VIN should be issued? My salesperson said on 03-14-11 says that Ford has a hold on manufacturing because there's a shortage of the 5.0 engines. That excuse sounds like some smoke being blown up somewhere. This waiting = frustration. lol.

The number of GYs they can pull each week is limited by the number of 5.0s available. That is true.

I ordered at the end of January and my allocation doesn't come up until March 31st. So where you're at is not unusual.

The number of GYs they can pull each week is limited by the number of 5.0s available. That is true.

I ordered at the end of January and my allocation doesn't come up until March 31st. So where you're at is not unusual.

Thanks for sharing with me. A little less frustrated at the moment. I guess i'm getting used to the waiting. lol

As I wrote in a separate post, I got reports back from Ford last week that I couldn't get GT's scheduled because of a shortage of the 5.0L V-8 engines.

Regarding scheduling matters in general regarding VIN number generation, etc. Orders are first entered via the CONCEPS online ordering system and placed in the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank). Unscheduled orders stay in the USOB until a week when the Dealer has allocation for that vehicle line based on any commodity issues for that week. When a vehicle is scheduled it shows up on the Dealer's "Daily Status Report" from Ford as "Submitted to Plant" along with the VIN number assigned to that vehicle. At the same time, the Dealer can get the information on the scheduling week for production of the vehicle from the "SVS Preview Report" available online.

Once a vehicle is scheduled and "Submitted to Plant" the Dealership has 24/7 access via "Vehicle Visibility" for order status update information in addition to the "Daily Status Report" that is sent by Ford nightly and printed out at Dealerships each morning. "Vehicle Visibility" status updates are more accurate than CONCEPS or "Daily Status Report" updates.

The procedure is the same regardless of the model ordered... V6, GT, Shelby or Boss.

Hope that this informatioon helps!

As I wrote in a separate post, I got reports back from Ford last week that I couldn't get GT's scheduled because of a shortage of the 5.0L V-8 engines.

Regarding scheduling matters in general regarding VIN number generation, etc. Orders are first entered via the CONCEPS online ordering system and placed in the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank). Unscheduled orders stay in the USOB until a week when the Dealer has allocation for that vehicle line based on any commodity issues for that week. When a vehicle is scheduled it shows up on the Dealer's "Daily Status Report" from Ford as "Submitted to Plant" along with the VIN number assigned to that vehicle. At the same time, the Dealer can get the information on the scheduling week for production of the vehicle from the "SVS Preview Report" available online.

Once a vehicle is scheduled and "Submitted to Plant" the Dealership has 24/7 access via "Vehicle Visibility" for order status update information in addition to the "Daily Status Report" that is sent by Ford nightly and printed out at Dealerships each morning. "Vehicle Visibility" status updates are more accurate than CONCEPS or "Daily Status Report" updates.

The procedure is the same regardless of the model ordered... V6, GT, Shelby or Boss.

Hope that this informatioon helps!

Thank you. That does help but it sure would be nice to know if the shortage problem is going to be an ongoing issue or if it will be resolved soon. Again, thank you for your post. Any new info would be appreciated.

Since the Boss Engine has the forged internals, how are they impacted by this?