Local 600 a complete joke!

I have been around the block and i cannot believe what we as a membership pay to allow the sh@# that happens to us at local 600. I have never been anywhere where management can treat you like a dog and get away with it like they do here. I see our elected leaders on the floor time and time again huddled up with theses bosses laughing and having a great time together. What a joke! What do we pay for ? I see labor telling the union how they are gonna do things only to have our great union tuck their tail and accept what labor tells them and helps them enforce it. This union along with company have beaten us down to the point where I think as a membership we have given up. For 15 years I have never dreaded going into work until I came here and I hear the same sediment all around me. How pathetic is it that we, dues paying members absolutely despise coming to work. weather it be overloaded jobs, loss of break time, bosses on our a@@ constantly, or our leadership caving to every demand ,we deserve better people. We have elections coming up and I don't see anybody excited about it . Everybody just sits around and says we are gonna get more of the same , nothing changes around here so what does it matter . Out with the old and in with the new in hopes something might go in our favor for a change. People we need to unite for a change and find away out of the mess we are in. We don't pay union dues only to have it used against us . We are the people paying for this despicable representation! We are the people that get mistreated by management ! We are the people that deserve respect for what we do everyday ! We are the UAW not local 600 ! So lets find a way out of the mess we are in and get back our self worth and our respect so we can forge ahead with our heads held high and more importantly be proud of being a UAW member.

Thanks for letting me vent.

DTPbodyman94

• Like 2

I have been around the block and i cannot believe what we as a membership pay to allow the sh@# that happens to us at local 600. I have never been anywhere where management can treat you like a dog and get away with it like they do here. I see our elected leaders on the floor time and time again huddled up with theses bosses laughing and having a great time together. What a joke! What do we pay for ? I see labor telling the union how they are gonna do things only to have our great union tuck their tail and accept what labor tells them and helps them enforce it. This union along with company have beaten us down to the point where I think as a membership we have given up. For 15 years I have never dreaded going into work until I came here and I hear the same sediment all around me. How pathetic is it that we, dues paying members absolutely despise coming to work. weather it be overloaded jobs, loss of break time, bosses on our a@@ constantly, or our leadership caving to every demand ,we deserve better people. We have elections coming up and I don't see anybody excited about it . Everybody just sits around and says we are gonna get more of the same , nothing changes around here so what does it matter . Out with the old and in with the new in hopes something might go in our favor for a change. People we need to unite for a change and find away out of the mess we are in. We don't pay union dues only to have it used against us . We are the people paying for this despicable representation! We are the people that get mistreated by management ! We are the people that deserve respect for what we do everyday ! We are the UAW not local 600 ! So lets find a way out of the mess we are in and get back our self worth and our respect so we can forge ahead with our heads held high and more importantly be proud of being a UAW member.

DTPbodyman94

You must work B crew on or near the door line, yes that management in there treats people like shit and the floor reps Berges and Thornton don't do a single thing for you!. I once had Berges tell me if I didn't like the way things go, then to go out on medical and I did. lol - I wasn't sick, but I played it so I would be out 5 months and I got paid for it all!. lol

If your having problems let me know I'll tell you how to go out on medical and get paid for it.

Edited by sanduskyman
  • Like 1

You must work B crew on or near the door line, yes that management in there treats people like shit and the floor reps Berges and Thornton don't do a single thing for you!. I once had Berges tell me if I didn't like the way things go, then to go out on medical and I did. lol - I wan't sick, but I played it so I would be out 5 months and I got paid for it all!. lol

If your having problems let me know I'll tell you how to go out on medical and get paid for it.

Chucky why are you posting stuff under one profile and answering under another? Do you have multiple personality syndrome? How many profiles do you have? LOL You have also CLAIMED on other threads you have only been on medical once(liar)..You have these same troubles EVERY plant you work at,,, Why is that? Is it the Union and management picking on you?..Or is your whiney attitude? If you hate your commitee people so much then run for office and get elected

Edited by DTP Nick

Chucky why are you posting stuff under one profile and answering under another? Do you have multiple personality syndrome? How many profiles do you have? LOL You have also CLAIMED on other threads you have only been on medical once(liar)..You have these same troubles EVERY plant you work at,,, Why is that? Is it the Union and management picking on you?..Or is your whiney attitude? If you hate your commitee people so much then run for office and get elected

I'm not chucky but I used to work at DTP.. I now work in Ohio and love it.

• Like 1

• Like 1

Sorry dtpnick I don't know who Chuckie is. Also I am sorry you see this as whining , I have been a Ford employee for 15 years and never once been out on medical and never once had a write up or an awol. I come to work everyday and do the best that I can to build a quality product for Ford motor company. What I posted was just my observation of what I see going on around me everyday. I cannot believe that the union has gotten this bad and we , who are the union let it happen to us. It frustrates me to believe that we have to put up with representation like this . As far as running for a union position, why ? Nothing ever changes at DTP is all I hear. You either fall in line with the top brass (bernie and the boys) or you will surely not get reelected or have their support. That right there is what is so disheartening to see. Their way or the highway , and I am not that type of person. People who have the guts to run and want to change things to make our conditions better are quickly slapped down and told not to rock the boat. That is not the type on union I came from and it surely is not a union to be proud of. Maybe it is different on other crews but on c crew that is what i see and that is what ppl are saying around me. Again I am sorry if you see this as whining, all I did was put my and other peoples observations out for all to see .

• Like 3

Sorry dtpnick I don't know who Chuckie is. Also I am sorry you see this as whining , I have been a Ford employee for 15 years and never once been out on medical and never once had a write up or an awol. I come to work everyday and do the best that I can to build a quality product for Ford motor company. What I posted was just my observation of what I see going on around me everyday. I cannot believe that the union has gotten this bad and we , who are the union let it happen to us. It frustrates me to believe that we have to put up with representation like this . As far as running for a union position, why ? Nothing ever changes at DTP is all I hear. You either fall in line with the top brass (bernie and the boys) or you will surely not get reelected or have their support. That right there is what is so disheartening to see. Their way or the highway , and I am not that type of person. People who have the guts to run and want to change things to make our conditions better are quickly slapped down and told not to rock the boat. That is not the type on union I came from and it surely is not a union to be proud of. Maybe it is different on other crews but on c crew that is what i see and that is what ppl are saying around me. Again I am sorry if you see this as whining, all I did was put my and other peoples observations out for all to see .

Thanks Chucky

Chucky got canned, or at least walked to the gate and asked for his badge, and isn't on a DROT anymore, maybe he is in trim working for his money.

Its only a matter of time before he gets canned at the rate he is going. He has some anger issues and an elevated sense of self importance. I feels sorry for him to be honest..

• Like 1

Would Have to agree 100%. Worst Union in the system or atleast it is of the 3 plants I have been threw. The Union and Team Leaders are nothing more they Company. And the sad thing is, It's not going to change. Team leaders reporting our every move to the boss, then when you ask for a union official you are asked by the boss why you called? I was not aware i needed approval to have representation at the line. When I think I've seen it all Im just amazed the very next day... And as someone that comes to work everyday as well with no AWOLs , Medical Leave or Write ups Im really tired of the hard workers getting screwed over and the "Junk" of our membership being handed every way out of trouble. This is why we are in the situations we are all in. Lazy Union reps that are only care about themselfs & Buddies that are just trying to avoid the hard work of line work the rest of us have to endure. . Hate to say it but I Hate coming to work. Its a Bad feeling and I never had it till i came to DTP. Company gets everything they want. and I do mean everything. The union has not done us any favors. or even tried to come to a middle of the road solution its just YES SIR! Right away Sir! think its time we got back to the old values of what made our union and set its foundation. This is going to be our time and WE have to have STRONG leadership going forward into the next 8 years or we will not have a Union. The "right to Work" is being pushed all over America. DTP loves to keep TPT's so they can use and abuse them with no ties to them ( Shame for them the 90 days system dont exsist anymore) . What do you all think is going to happen when our membership numbers start to fall and the "New Wage" employees Start to grow? They are going to look for every way to Cut everything everyone before us fought so hard to get.... Its One thing to Work together to promote good Quality its another to Win our Elected Officials Over to Roll them over on us like they do at DTP.... Company Knows how to play the game and plays it well.

• Like 5

Would Have to agree 100%. Worst Union in the system or atleast it is of the 3 plants I have been threw. The Union and Team Leaders are nothing more they Company. And the sad thing is, It's not going to change. Team leaders reporting our every move to the boss, then when you ask for a union official you are asked by the boss why you called? I was not aware i needed approval to have representation at the line. When I think I've seen it all Im just amazed the very next day... And as someone that comes to work everyday as well with no AWOLs , Medical Leave or Write ups Im really tired of the hard workers getting screwed over and the "Junk" of our membership being handed every way out of trouble. This is why we are in the situations we are all in. Lazy Union reps that are only care about themselfs & Buddies that are just trying to avoid the hard work of line work the rest of us have to endure. . Hate to say it but I Hate coming to work. Its a Bad feeling and I never had it till i came to DTP. Company gets everything they want. and I do mean everything. The union has not done us any favors. or even tried to come to a middle of the road solution its just YES SIR! Right away Sir! think its time we got back to the old values of what made our union and set its foundation. This is going to be our time and WE have to have STRONG leadership going forward into the next 8 years or we will not have a Union. The "right to Work" is being pushed all over America. DTP loves to keep TPT's so they can use and abuse them with no ties to them ( Shame for them the 90 days system dont exsist anymore) . What do you all think is going to happen when our membership numbers start to fall and the "New Wage" employees Start to grow? They are going to look for every way to Cut everything everyone before us fought so hard to get.... Its One thing to Work together to promote good Quality its another to Win our Elected Officials Over to Roll them over on us like they do at DTP.... Company Knows how to play the game and plays it well.

I can agree with parts of this

DTPbodyman94

[/quote

So you are trying to say a union rep and a salaried employee cant talk to each other or laugh together! What about a tech and a salaried employee? How does management "beat you down", do they tell you to get on your job after the buzzer goes off? or how about tells u to quit talking on your cell phone when u have the whole line backed up?

DTPbodyman94

Weak membership = weak leaders! You guys over there need to get together and grow a set and start filing some recall papers. You guys have to ACT not REACT to the shit thats going on. Let those leaders know who in the hell they work for. So dont blame the leadership balme yourselves because you allow it to happen. MAN UP OR STOP YOUR FU***** CRYING!

• Like 2

Weak membership = weak leaders! You guys over there need to get together and grow a set and start filing some recall papers. You guys have to ACT not REACT to the shit thats going on. Let those leaders know who in the hell they work for. So dont blame the leadership balme yourselves because you allow it to happen. MAN UP OR STOP YOUR FU***** CRYING!

Wow I actuallt agree with Die for a change.

In November for the Stamping Body unit a motion was made to force the chairman to redistrict to allow c-crew people to have their own district committeeman, this motion was shot down by 3 appointed reps. Had there been more than a hand full of members there I am sure this motion would have passed easily.

At least they somehow got a district committee slot that will be up for election this year, now c-crew people will not have to wonder who there rep will be from day to day. Hopefully that does not mean we are due for a shift reduction like last time a district was aloted for c-crew.

• Like 1

Wow I actually agree with Die for a change.

In November for the Stamping Body unit a motion was made to force the chairman to redistrict to allow c-crew people to have their own district committeeman, this motion was shot down by 3 appointed reps. Had there been more than a hand full of members there I am sure this motion would have passed easily.

At least they somehow got a district committee slot that will be up for election this year, now c-crew people will not have to wonder who there rep will be from day to day. Hopefully that does not mean we are due for a shift reduction like last time a district was allocated for c-crew.

$4 per gallon gas got us a few summers ago..............

Hopefully these prices drop so we don't end up losing a shift again like 2008

• Like 2

I agree with this, DTP membership, all they have to do is get 51% of the people to sign a recall petition on the likes of people like Anthony Berges, Thornton and the others to get them out. Don't ask me where to get this paperwork, just make your own and someone needs to walk around privately with it. Do it on both shifts or all three crews, once you have the signatures then present it to the local and send it to the international. Make sure anything you send in the mail is signature certified so you know they receive it cause anything you send to these people will be ignored unless they are forced to sign for it.

As for this guy Chuckie you talk about, sounds like a member that has the balls to stand up for his rights and membership and a select few (like some on here) can't handle it cause maybe they work for the company or they are union and just don't like it when someone can do their jobs over them without being in the union!.

I once new a guy that would write his own grievances because the leadership within his plant didn't know how to do it or just wouldn't they then refused to provide him with any backing on any issue because they felt he was doing their job.. It's pretty sad when a line worker can over shadow a floor rep and make him/her look like a dope. We need more people like that. Sadly they won't run for the reasons that were pointed out above. (The boat doesn't rock their way) so there is no point in trying to change a broken boat.

• Like 1

I agree with this, DTP membership, all they have to do is get 51% of the people to sign a recall petition on the likes of people like Anthony Berges, Thornton and the others to get them out. Don't ask me where to get this paperwork, just make your own and someone needs to walk around privately with it. Do it on both shifts or all three crews, once you have the signatures then present it to the local and send it to the international. Make sure anything you send in the mail is signature certified so you know they receive it cause anything you send to these people will be ignored unless they are forced to sign for it.

As for this guy Chuckie you talk about, sounds like a member that has the balls to stand up for his rights and membership and a select few (like some on here) can't handle it cause maybe they work for the company or they are union and just don't like it when someone can do their jobs over them without being in the union!.

I once new a guy that would write his own grievances because the leadership within his plant didn't know how to do it or just wouldn't they then refused to provide him with any backing on any issue because they felt he was doing their job.. It's pretty sad when a line worker can over shadow a floor rep and make him/her look like a dope. We need more people like that. Sadly they won't run for the reasons that were pointed out above. (The boat doesn't rock their way) so there is no point in trying to change a broken boat.

Am I the only one that thinks it is weird for Chucky to talk about himself in third person?

• Like 1

Am I the only one that thinks it is weird for Chucky to talk about himself in third person?

Every one of these negative posts complaining about the committees at Saline, Sheldon, AAI, DTP Final DTP Body are all obviously Chucky.

Same writing style same old complaints where "the Union is not representing me", and "there all out to get me" or "their lazy bums" on and on gets old.

We know you dont want to work Chucky but when all of the complaints are the same origin. I dont even know these people you keep naming. Are they local union? Region? International people you have problems with? Are you so well represented that you know all of these people because you require the attention of every level of representation at every location you worked at? Hell I can barely remember our Local Vice President let alone all of these names you drop.

How many screen names do you have now? 10, 12

I find it funny how you talk about yourself in the 3rd person as well as agreeing with yourself on Evey topic

Instead of acting like Sybil why dont you just stick with 1 screen name and make a point as well as some sort of proof as to the topic you are speaking.

Good luck

• Like 2

Every one of these negative posts complaining about the committees at Saline, Sheldon, AAI, DTP Final DTP Body are all obviously Chucky.

Same writing style same old complaints where "the Union is not representing me", and "there all out to get me" or "their lazy bums" on and on gets old.

We know you dont want to work Chucky but when all of the complaints are the same origin. I dont even know these people you keep naming. Are they local union? Region? International people you have problems with? Are you so well represented that you know all of these people because you require the attention of every level of representation at every location you worked at? Hell I can barely remember our Local Vice President let alone all of these names you drop.

How many screen names do you have now? 10, 12

I find it funny how you talk about yourself in the 3rd person as well as agreeing with yourself on Evey topic

Instead of acting like Sybil why dont you just stick with 1 screen name and make a point as well as some sort of proof as to the topic you are speaking.

Good luck

Its called mental illness and being a borderline Sociopath that compel Chucky to create fake profiles and talk to himself with them....He needs many many years of intense therapy

• Like 1

Who the hell is Chucky?

He is the poster(s) that has 12 screen names and complains about how he is getting the shaft at every location. I will not post the screen names but they are on every topic spreading blame and innuendo which is embarrassing on a public site. The moderator has told him several times that we shouldnt be acting or posting the things Chuckie posts. He drops names (against the user agreement) and continues to post anything of negativity on here.

Most everyone ignore him because hes been kicked off here probably a dozen times. Most of the responses to Chuckie is him responding to himself somehow giving himself "credibility" of his childish replies.

So surf through these topics you can clearly see who Chuckie is.....

He is the poster(s) that has 12 screen names and complains about how he is getting the shaft at every location. I will not post the screen names but they are on every topic spreading blame and innuendo which is embarrassing on a public site. The moderator has told him several times that we shouldnt be acting or posting the things Chuckie posts. He drops names (against the user agreement) and continues to post anything of negativity on here.

Most everyone ignore him because hes been kicked off here probably a dozen times. Most of the responses to Chuckie is him responding to himself somehow giving himself "credibility" of his childish replies.

So surf through these topics you can clearly see who Chuckie is.....

I see

Edited by DTP Nick